Zonker

Super Anarchist
Canada
Huh. The airbags didn't go off.

image.png

NaptimeAgain

Super Anarchist
Annapolis MD
From the video the weather looks like clear daylight.  I wonder what the mishap itself was.  I'm just guessing it wasn't a new guy doing his first carrier landing.

billy backstay

Backstay, never bought a suit, never went to Vegas
From the video the weather looks like clear daylight.  I wonder what the mishap itself was.  I'm just guessing it wasn't a new guy doing his first carrier landing.

Where did you find a video?  The video on the CNN story linked only showed F35's landing with their cockpit canopy in place; this one was blown when the pilot ejected.

Foreverslow

Super Anarchist
$100,000,000.00 for a fighter. :rolleyes:

A P51 cost $45,000 back then.
But Dick Cheney was not Sec of Defense in 1942.

(he killed the development of a replacement low cost Super Tomcat because he said the design was old.  Not worthy, but old).

Hence the F22 and F35 with the crazy price tags.

A lot of naval aviators still think that was a major boneheaded decision.

Marcjsmith

Super Anarchist
Washington DC
Where is Tom Clancy when you need him :D
Fuck Tom Clancy.  

Dirk and Al are the men you need.  Dirk will do it,  just for fun, and fuck the skippers daughter while doing it...  while Al, steals Sandeckers prized cigars...

Oh, and Dirk will end up with a full restoration of a car that was found near the wreck, that fell off tramp steamer in a storm in the 1930's. And there is some rare unrelated artifact in the trunk.

Tax Man

Super Anarchist
Toronto
But Dick Cheney was not Sec of Defense in 1942.

(he killed the development of a replacement low cost Super Tomcat because he said the design was old.  Not worthy, but old).

Hence the F22 and F35 with the crazy price tags.

A lot of naval aviators still think that was a major boneheaded decision.
What I heard is that the layout of the Tomcat wasn't suitable for modernization.  The RCS of looking into the intakes straight at the fans was enormous and not easily corrected.

Ease the sheet.

ignoring stupid people is easy
What I heard is that the layout of the Tomcat wasn't suitable for modernization.  The RCS of looking into the intakes straight at the fans was enormous and not easily corrected.
Probably true.

But having a longer range rader and missiles than your adversary sort of makes that moot....

Latest posts