F1 2022 - New Cars, Fresh Start

WCB

Super Anarchist
Park City, UT
Aston Martin has debuted their new car, the first to do so. https://jalopnik.com/race-car-looks-good-1848519056 

Screen Shot 2022-02-10 at 10.00.32 PM.png

SCARECROW

Super Anarchist
Melbourne, Aus
all we really know (or think we know) so far....

Aston Martin (push rod front suspension)
Maclaren (pull rod front suspension)

Aston paint job looks better than Hass

Astons won't look like mercs at a glance in shadow any more because Merc are going back to silver.

SCARECROW

Super Anarchist
Melbourne, Aus
how nice is it to see the variation between cars given everyone said they'd all look alike.  Even with these two teams running the same engine package they've ended up quite different.

FLWGRBmWUAQdYKZ

SCARECROW

Super Anarchist
Melbourne, Aus
Looking at the wheel covers in the video, I still think they should do like old school computer games and give a visual indication of the condition of the tires.

WCB

Super Anarchist
Park City, UT
At the classy risk of quoting myself.  Everything else being equal, the front tyres of the Mclaren are going to be much more lightly loaded
I didn't realize that the cars had this much variability in them. That's a fair amount of difference between the wheelbases.

SCARECROW

Super Anarchist
Melbourne, Aus
I didn't realize that the cars had this much variability in them. That's a fair amount of difference between the wheelbases.
i find it hard to believe the race version of the AM will have quite that many "gills"  I guess it could be their "Mexico Spec"