F1 2023

silent bob

Super Anarchist
New Jersey
So, what does Crofty know that Helmut Marko and Christian Horner don’t? Crofty is a fine commentator, but I don’t see him a talent scout!

It was on Spark Sport for the last 2 or 3 seasons. Spark is an offshoot of one of our telcos. I even contemplated buying it but I checked the download speeds of our Vodafone connection. I wasn't surprised

To watch Spark I needed at least 15 mps...... so I did the test. Where we are - sorta semi rural but not really - we were regularly getting a massive amount of....... wait for it......

We now have Starlink...

Chris in Santa Cruz CA

Super Anarchist
earths surface

SCARECROW

Super Anarchist
Melbourne, Aus
Andretti trying again to get into F1, this time with....

Cadillac!

they're being very proactive about addressing the concerns raised by other teams. Wolff among others talked about their proposed team not having marketing mass of a manufacturer. Even if Cadillac don't provide anything except a name it gets rid of this excuse.

ro!

Super Anarchist
Bum fuck usa
Takes balls to try and start from zero in this sport. 2026 is a long way out. Article mentions Sauber being the basis of an audi team in 2026.
Yea Audi are buying Sauber so that‘s a full on deal.
The teams have been suspicious of the Andretti press talk without any evidence, so I guess the GM/Caddy reveal is to convince them. GM aren’t going to build an engine/hybrid so where is that coming from? Renault or Honda?
I guessing that F1/FIA are going to want to see escrow for at least five years..?
dilution money for the teams $200M, US/Uk bases?
I think we are looking for at least 1Billion$ …!!

SCARECROW

Super Anarchist
Melbourne, Aus
If it’s chump change then maybe the teams are right in saying $200M is not enough of an entry fee, and it should be $650M-700M, in line with major league sports franchises in the US..
If you include cost cap excluded costs (drivers wages etc) $200M is about 1 year's operating budget so it probably is too low now that F1 teams actually make money.