Farr 40 - Morrigan

Delta Dog

Nor Cal
Boat is now in Detroit under another name but seems to have spent most of its life in Chicago as Morrigan.

Does anyone have info like...how did she do, was she ever crashed, was she kept inside in the winter, was any major work done to address CM issues (deck, top side) etc.

Thanks,

Peacefrog

Super Anarchist
I sailed on the boat for two seasons when it was sponsored by LaSalle Bank/ABN AMRO. before it went to Detroit, the boat was always kept in doors over in Muskegon.

The last year of the our team sailing it, it had the deck redone by Torreson. One of the best deck jobs I have seen. The boat was pretty quick and at the time was in good shape.

That was two or three seasons ago. I am sure that Curt has kept it up but I have no idea how it winters.

There are a bunch of their crew that post on here, I am sure they will chime in.

EDIT: Feel free to PM if you have any other questions.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hippie

Anarchist
Wayzata, MN
I raced on Morrigan when it was Morrigan, 2000, 01, and 02 seasons. The boat was very well kept. Sideshow Bob took excellent care of her. To My knowledge she was never in an accident.

Hippie

krispy kreme

Super Anarchist
Got someone looking at the boat on Monday. Can someone recommend a hotel near Sassy's? Don't need 4 stars, but would prefer something without uninvited critters, people or otherwise...

PM me with info. Thanks!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Harry Manko

Anarchist
I sailed on the boat for two seasons when it was sponsored by LaSalle Bank/ABN AMRO. before it went to Detroit, the boat was always kept in doors over in Muskegon.
The last year of the our team sailing it, it had the deck redone by Torreson. One of the best deck jobs I have seen. The boat was pretty quick and at the time was in good shape.

That was two or three seasons ago. I am sure that Curt has kept it up but I have no idea how it winters.

There are a bunch of their crew that post on here, I am sure they will chime in.

EDIT: Feel free to PM if you have any other questions.
Here is a picture of her during the Mack race (from ABN AMRO II)

Race_to_Mackinac6.jpg

barleymalt

Super Anarchist
Michigan
Got someone looking at the boat on Monday. Can someone recommend a hotel near Sassy's? Don't need 4 stars, but would prefer something without uninvited critters, people or otherwise...
It is suburban Detroit, but a bit out in the sticks. Nothing real special right there, but plenty of decent hotels within 15 minutes or so.

SF65

Super Anarchist
SLC, SFO
It is suburban Detroit, but a bit out in the sticks. Nothing real special right there, but plenty of decent hotels within 15 minutes or so.

BFE...is a more accurate description for someone coming from the bay area to look at a boat at Sassy's...I could bE SLIGHTLY off but its about an hour and 15 from metro without traffic or weather.

krispy kreme

Super Anarchist
Thanks peeps for the info!

Opted for a hotel in downtown Detroit. Secured parking garage and access to I-94 seemed to make more sense than trying to find a Best Western in the burbs in the middle of the night that would have been 15 miles offtrack from the highway.

barleymalt

Super Anarchist
Michigan

BFE...is a more accurate description for someone coming from the bay area to look at a boat at Sassy's...I could bE SLIGHTLY off but its about an hour and 15 from metro without traffic or weather.
Probably about an hour outside of rush hour, straight shot up I94 to 23 Mile Road (M29). Hotels either there or off I94 and M59 a couple miles south. Algonac isn't that far out from the east side, remember the airport is well on the west side of town.

fetzer24

Super Anarchist
Muskegon MI
We commissioned the boat when it was new and it was stored at our yard until it was sold to Detroit.

Boat was never in a wreck, keel was never off and it spent 6 months a year heated indoors. For how old the boat is it has very low mileage.

Micthomas

Detroit
Victrix - (Morrigan) Took a 3rd in 2008 NOOD, 3rd in 2008 BYC Mac and a 3rd in the IRC Nationals in Harbor Springs.

Sails are in decent shape. New in 2008, masthead spinnaker and fractional code 0. Boat is in great shape with no apparent problems. Bottom in good shape.

Boat has been kept indoors at Sassy's for 2 years. B&G equipment, Garmin GPS with weather.

If you need any other info, pm me.

We commissioned the boat when it was new and it was stored at our yard until it was sold to Detroit.
Boat was never in a wreck, keel was never off and it spent 6 months a year heated indoors. For how old the boat is it has very low mileage.

NyJboat

Super Anarchist
i thought the keel had to come off to transport them?
It does. Sounds like this boat never left the Great Lakes area.

Latest posts