Farr 40 - Morrigan

We commissioned the boat when it was new and it was stored at our yard until it was sold to Detroit.
Boat was never in a wreck, keel was never off and it spent 6 months a year heated indoors. For how old the boat is it has very low mileage.
i thought the keel had to come off to transport them?
Actually, they transport by water very well with the keels on.
oh, i thought they took them off then too so they could go in shallower water.... :rolleyes: meant trailering dude.

fetzer24

Super Anarchist
Muskegon MI
We commissioned the boat when it was new and it was stored at our yard until it was sold to Detroit.
Boat was never in a wreck, keel was never off and it spent 6 months a year heated indoors. For how old the boat is it has very low mileage.
oh, i thought they took them off then too so they could go in shallower water.... :rolleyes: meant trailering dude.
I know what you meant. "The keel was never off" meant that the boat was never transported over the ground since it was new.

DoRag

Super Anarchist
It sure helps to keep the delivery crew dry.

ScowVegas

Reporters
Chicago
I sailed on the boat for two seasons when it was sponsored by LaSalle Bank/ABN AMRO. before it went to Detroit, the boat was always kept in doors over in Muskegon.
The last year of the our team sailing it, it had the deck redone by Torreson. One of the best deck jobs I have seen. The boat was pretty quick and at the time was in good shape.

That was two or three seasons ago. I am sure that Curt has kept it up but I have no idea how it winters.

There are a bunch of their crew that post on here, I am sure they will chime in.

EDIT: Feel free to PM if you have any other questions.
Here is a picture of her during the Mack race (from ABN AMRO II)

View attachment 93492

she had to be camouflaged to compete - To Nascar'd out ... Same Deal with the sails...

barleymalt

Super Anarchist
Michigan
I sailed on the boat for two seasons when it was sponsored by LaSalle Bank/ABN AMRO. before it went to Detroit, the boat was always kept in doors over in Muskegon.
The last year of the our team sailing it, it had the deck redone by Torreson. One of the best deck jobs I have seen. The boat was pretty quick and at the time was in good shape.

That was two or three seasons ago. I am sure that Curt has kept it up but I have no idea how it winters.

There are a bunch of their crew that post on here, I am sure they will chime in.

View attachment 93492

she had to be camouflaged to compete - To Nascar'd out ... Same Deal with the sails...
Did the battle flag that disappeared on Mac Island ever resurface?

ScowVegas

Reporters
Chicago

View attachment 93492

Did the battle flag that disappeared on Mac Island ever resurface?
Dunno ... Ask Iceman22

Latest posts