Farr X2

Snowden

Super Anarchist
UK
The European marketing team has had some very talented boatbuilders here in the UK looking at the construction, so I would have a bit more confidence now.

JonRowe

Super Anarchist
Offshore.
One of the other photos from the X2 page seemingly show the threads covered by a carbon insert when installed? Prehaps this was a modification made to address that issue?

1664797909628.png

Last edited:

GBH

Anarchist
mostly Oz
should definitely not be carbon tubes, and still should not be full threaded studs. This is all very basic stuff that needs to be done properly. And yes I know the studs are nominally only in tension, but all materials flex under loads so that's never quite the case.

charisma94

Fucking Legend
Palma de Mallorca
From Bar Karate's FB page... Interesting... I wonder what was disclosed? Guess we'll find out the sanitised version.

G'day listeners, this was supposed to be the X2 episode. BP was back and we had the discussion about what happened. As you hear when you listen to the episode, we decided to pull it. If you listen, we explain the sensitivities. We also explain when we will release the episode. We welcome your feedback.

Autonomous

Turgid Member
PNW
The threads passing through unthreaded material can act as chisels, cutting away at whatever they pass through.

Expedition

I am not sure it is that simple.

Yes, a shank may help in a shear situation, but I suspect these *should* only ever be in tension.

Latest posts