Farr X2

Zonker

Super Anarchist
Canada
Seems there are lots of torqued bolts in an engine like the crank bolt, head bolts, cam bolts, etc.
A screw is usually installed into a tapped hole

A bolt has a nut

So most of what you are calling bolts are properly machine screws.

Some head screws are screwed into the block. You torque the head. There is no nut to torque. Some manufacturers use studs on engine heads. So you install the stud, then the head, then torque a nut.

Sailabout

Super Anarchist
A screw is usually installed into a tapped hole

A bolt has a nut

So most of what you are calling bolts are properly machine screws.

Some head screws are screwed into the block. You torque the head. There is no nut to torque. Some manufacturers use studs on engine heads. So you install the stud, then the head, then torque a nut.
and none of them are stainless

LeoV

Super Anarchist
The Netherlands
In your country, not mine.
Bold, same diameter all out.
Screw, tapered for penetration.

Do not know if there is international standard description. Probably is.
Yep, ISO. As I described.

Reactions: M26

huey 2

Super Anarchist
syd
1670161310759.png

Ex Machina

Super Anarchist
New Zealand
Is that the final sprit design? Looks like there's an extra bit of STL you're "paying for" under IRC but getting no benefit from. Although hard to tell where the 1:1 kite tack line would come out.
Looks like the red thing behind the green thing is where the tackline is . Strange not to use 100% of the prod

Haligonian Winterr

Super Anarchist
Halifax, NS
Red 1:1 on a pig snout on the end, green 2:1 set back to enable peeling. Can see the angle of the red entering (probably flipped under the end of the sprit), and the pin for the snout if you zoom.

Furling line in the piss is suspect...

TheMentat

She looks good, in flat and protected waters in 10-15Knts TWS; but without a proper disclosure on what happened and how got fixed, that is as far I would take her "offshore".
In my book a "Trust me, we fixed it" does not cut it when talking about a boat that almost killed 2.

I suspect they have that information available for serious buyers. Regarding the public release of that information, it's my understanding that their hands are tied by a request from the parties involved in that incident.

Fastrak

Lymington UK
Is that the final sprit design? Looks like there's an extra bit of STL you're "paying for" under IRC but getting no benefit from. Although hard to tell where the 1:1 kite tack line would come out.
Having sailed the boat the Zero in the picture is on a 2:1 tackline. The Asymmetric spinnaker 1:1 tackline comes out of the very end of the sprit so utilises the full amount of STL available.

Latest posts