Fathers Day

LB 15

Cunt
Happy Fathers day to all the Aussie dads and a belated one to those who celebrate it on a different day. It is a different one for me as it is the first without my Dad who past away two weeks ago today. You go through different stages during the grieving process and then the reality that you will never see him again comes. But rather than dwell on that, I will spend today (and every day) remembering how lucky I was to have had him for 58 years. Now I am about to enjoy breakfast cooked by my boys.

I will treasure every moment of it.

Happy Fathers Day.

Sorry for your loss, LB, my dad died about 6 years ago. I surely miss our weekend college sports round-ups, as I would read him the scores from the computer over the phone.  He was amazed all the info was available with a few clicks.

Happy Father's Day all.

SloopJonB

Super Anarchist
Great Wet North
Sorry about your dad LB - happens to all of us unfortunately.

I found an unexpected thing I miss about him are family history questions I can no longer get answered. Now that I'm in the turnstiles there's no-one left to ask those kind of questions.

Point Break

Super Anarchist
Long Beach, California
Happy Fathers day to all the Aussie dads and a belated one to those who celebrate it on a different day. It is a different one for me as it is the first without my Dad who past away two weeks ago today. You go through different stages during the grieving process and then the reality that you will never see him again comes. But rather than dwell on that, I will spend today (and every day) remembering how lucky I was to have had him for 58 years. Now I am about to enjoy breakfast cooked by my boys.

I will treasure every moment of it.

Happy Fathers Day.
My Pop has been gone near 10 years now. You (well I) never really adjust completely to that. I still almost reach for the phone at halftime in a football game with the team we like to talk about the first half......just like we did for 30 years. Enjoy your day..........life is fleeting.......don't waste any of it, its really about family, the rest is details. Sorry about your Dad and enjoy your boys.

Rushman

FIIGS
Melbourne, Aust
Sorry about your dad LB - happens to all of us unfortunately.

I found an unexpected thing I miss about him are family history questions I can no longer get answered. Now that I'm in the turnstiles there's no-one left to ask those kind of questions.
Ditto for LB

Due to recent discoveries of some family history that led me to ask about the family medical history, which my father hasn't told me about even when asked directly... I am struggling to pick up the phone to wish him a happy Father's Day

Ease the sheet.

ignoring stupid people is easy
My kid gave me a box of presents. Then a hug. Nothing beats that hug.

The day will come when my fathers days/birthdays/Christmas etc will be lost to time and changing life circumstances.  We will have a mountain of memories to sustain us.

So, lb, get to work. The memories of your dad will only improve and your kids need their own memories too.

random

Super Anarchist
I left home at 18 and the first Sunday night I rang home and Dad answered.  I rang nearly every Sunday night for a chat for the next 30 years if I could.  I saw him most Father's Days and usually got a card and gift for him.

Some Sunday nights I still wish I could call him, and Father's Days ...

Rasputin22

Rasputin22
I lost my Dad a year ago, less three weeks. I still haven't really come to terms with it but in ways think he has been spared a lot of nasty politics and changes in the military over that last year that would have troubled him. He was a Navy officer and a contemporary of McCain's and hope they are at the Cubi Cafe on the other side of the Pearly Gates telling sea stories. My Dad washed out of flight school in Pensacola and he said that was probably the best thing that ever happened to him in his Navy career. He said that if he had become a Naval Aviator, he would have probably ended up being McCain's roommate at the Hanoi Hilton.

Latest posts