Fattest boats

pironiero

Anarchist
Guys, can you tell me the names or upload pics of the boats with most fattestest tumblehomes,please

For aesthetic purposes

Matagi

Super Antichrist
That is the weirdest fetish I have ever heard of...

But please...

Sunbeam%202005%20Vaestkusten%20AlinJPG.JPG

That is a Koster K 25, Sweden

Steam Flyer

Sophisticated Yet Humble
Eastern NC
Guys, can you tell me the names or upload pics of the boats with most fattestest tumblehomes,please

For aesthetic purposes
Ranger 37?

image.png

Ranger 28... higher ratio of tumblehome to unit length, perhaps

image.png

The R37 is a beautiful boat. I lusted for one of those, for decades. I tried to find one of the racing pics of 'Munequita' back in the day but google is not helpful this morning

FB- Doug

weightless

Super Anarchist
The R37 is a beautiful boat.
I never thought I would hear anyone utter this phrase.

Did you ever sail one downwind in a blow? The R37 was possibly the worst behaved IOR boat of all time.
Just because two strong people hauling on the tiller couldn't keep the old Munequita from rounding up over and over again I never found her homely -- though she was tumblehomely for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:

Steam Flyer

Sophisticated Yet Humble
Eastern NC
The R37 is a beautiful boat.
I never thought I would hear anyone utter this phrase.

Did you ever sail one downwind in a blow? The R37 was possibly the worst behaved IOR boat of all time.
Just because two strong people hauling on the tiller couldn't keep the old Munequita from rounding up over and over again I never found her homely -- though she was tumblehomely for sure.
Sorry, I never sailed one, I meant "beautiful" in terms of visual aesthetic only. I have seen them sailing and they are real water-dozers, for sure

FB- Doug

12 metre

Super Anarchist
English Bay
Most of Stephen Jones early Half Ton designs, circa 1972.  i.e. Demolition, Supernova, Smiffy and the aptly named Tumblehome 2 which Ish has a plan view photo above.

Below are Tumblehome 2 and Smiffy (past and present):

P1050770.JPG

2013 HTC Smif spi.jpg

Smiffy 79 Alamy.jpg