FBI storms Mar a Lago

Cal20sailor

Super Anarchist
Detroit
I want to come back to the possibility that Trump brokered the documents to a foreign government. That raises the stakes by a factor of 1000+. Knowing that Trump cannot change a roll of toilet paper let alone broker a deal of that magnitude by himself, I'm wondering if the feds got a whiff of a possible sale and know, or are working out who his co-conspirator was and are looking for confirmation. This is a go to prison for life situation.

Burning Man

Super Anarchist
Back to the desert
Possessing national secrets in the fashion he did violate the clear laws regarding the handling of such sensitive information.

Lying to law enforcement (the DOJ) about having returned them is another crime. Or, do you think fraud is no longer criminal.
A point of order..... I don't think Lying to the FBI is considered "Fraud". Maybe it is. But I think Lying to the FBI is a crime all on it's own. Haven't some prominent folks gone to jail recently for specifically lying to the FBI?

Burning Man

Super Anarchist
Back to the desert
I want to come back to the possibility that Trump brokered the documents to a foreign government. That raises the stakes by a factor of 1000+. Knowing that Trump cannot change a roll of toilet paper let alone broker a deal of that magnitude by himself, I'm wondering if the feds got a whiff of a possible sale and know, or are working out who his co-conspirator was and are looking for confirmation. This is a go to prison for life situation.
That is a firing squad situation, tbqh. Where do I sign up?

VhmSays

Supreme Anarchist
Liar.

And spare us the parsing of "show trial". You know damned well words have meaning. The previous iteration of Dog was more concise and careful with his words. You are either an imposter or just getting sloppy.
Imposter with a pic Dog shared as his avatar.
2 possibilities, either he is Dog but as many do with age, losing his mind and wit, more likely its just a regular troll.

Nice!

Super Anarchist
Victoria, BC
And I think we all know which foreign gov't that most likely was. I'm pretty sure shitstain's handler, daddy vladdy, gave him a list of docs to take with him.......
Trump has no ideals, no beliefs and no political leaning. Everything for him is transactional. He would sell without hesitation to whoever was the highest bidder. Or whoever has the most damaging kompromat on him.

VhmSays

Supreme Anarchist
And I think we all know which foreign gov't that most likely was. I'm pretty sure shitstain's handler, daddy vladdy, gave him a list of docs to take with him.......
2 billion to invest where he feels like with millions in fees every year to the s-i-l.
Ever wonder what that was for?

Mrleft8

Super Anarchist
Suwanee River
No dog, it doesn't work like that. At all. The "innocence" phase of the ordeal begins when I am arrested and then face trial where the prosecution has to prove that I am guilty. Up until that point, if there is probably cause to issue a search warrant, it is issued by a judge. If after that search, it was found that there is enough evadents to charge me, then I am arrested and charged and sit in jail until a hearing is set for bail. At THAT point, "the innocence until proven guilty" part kicks in. But no, the authorities only need to have probably cause to do anything they do up to that point. If a judge decides there is enough PC, then the process goes forward with the warrant and subsequent arrest and indictment if there is further cause to do so. AFAIK, a GJ can issue an indictment without you even knowing about it.

Sorry (not sorry) to burst your bubble - but if the FBI found boxes of highly classified docs in my house, and arrest warrant would have been issued within the hour. Probably minutes and I would be in jail by that evening at the latest. That your boy shitstain is not speaks to the HUGE amount of deference that your cockstick is being shown by the DOJ. Far more than he deserves. But calling for his arrest in light of the weight of probable cause is not judging him guilty on the spot, its expecting he be treated how any other person would be in that situation. It would be no different than if the cops found you with a smoking gun standing, covered in blood over the body of the gay prostitute you just hired. You might be 1000% innocent, but you're sure as fuck going to be arrested on the spot and you'll get your day in court. Calling for someone's arrest in light of circumstances does not necessarily pre-judge. I'm MORE than happy for your boy, the Orange menace, to have his day in court. In fact, I relish the idea of him having the opportunity to prove his innocence.
He won't have to prove his innocence, the prosecution will have to prove his guilt. Proving guilt is a much higher bar than defending innocence.

Grrr...

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰ 100%
Detroit
Here's the problem...Hillary having top secret documents on her private insecure server that had been hacked by foreign actors is worse than Trump having them locked up in his basement. Hillary destroying subpoenaed documents is worse than Trump not producing some of them.

And yet, there was no armed raid on Hillary's house, nor was she charged. How do you think applying a double standard will play among the non-partisans?

And yes, that's whataboutism, too bad.

1. Hillary was investigated and it was found there was nothing worth prosecuting.
2. Trump has not been investigated in this case, so we don't know yet.
3. Hillary didn't destroy subpoenaed documents. You're still lying about it no matter how often you repeat it.
4. She was investigated. Not charged, because they found nothing wrong.

See.... the problem here is that YOU'VE already found Trump innocent. You think that gives you license to whine non-stop. Suck it up buttercup. He's being investigated. It remains to be seen if they'll charge him or not.

Steam Flyer

Sophisticated Yet Humble
Eastern NC
What we saw on TV was not even a hearing. There was no discovery, everything presented was already known. It was more like a prosecution's opening statement.

Hey stupid, everything WAS already known. The people who testified on TV had already given their testimony and been questioned for far longer than they were on camera. And there were lots of other people who gave corroborating info in THEIR testimony (ie under oath) who were not given parts in the live hearing interviews.

And every last one of them was a Republican. Some of them had seen thru Trump and realized that he's a crook, other were brought in unwillingly and answered questions they would rather not have.

Facts. Because yes, there is actually such a thing as actual reality.

Olsonist

Disgusting Liberal Elitist
New Oak City
This is just like your reaction to the J6 taxpayer funded, made for TV, professionally produced, totally scripted, Stalinist show trial without a defense. You don't need a fucking defense, do you? You know he's guilty already. Seriously WTF. It's really interesting how when it involves Trump niceties like the presumption of innocence go right out the window. Do you even know that Trump knew what was in the boxes? He certainly didn't pack them?

This better be about more than documents because if it's not they should have issued a subpoena first and only if that failed should they have shown up with body armor and automatic weapons. Garland committed to using the least intrusive methods. And if it's just documents then we have the Hillary Clinton standard to consider. We don't want different standards for Democrats and Republicans do we.

I don't want Trump running again but you guys are making him a martyr. He just gained 10 points on DeSantis as a result of this raid.

Such excellent news!

Grrr...

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰ 100%
Detroit
This is just like your reaction to the J6 taxpayer funded, made for TV, professionally produced, totally scripted, Stalinist show trial without a defense. You don't need a fucking defense, do you? You know he's guilty already. Seriously WTF. It's really interesting how when it involves Trump niceties like the presumption of innocence go right out the window. Do you even know that Trump knew what was in the boxes? He certainly didn't pack them?

This better be about more than documents because if it's not they should have issued a subpoena first and only if that failed should they have shown up with body armor and automatic weapons. Garland committed to using the least intrusive methods. And if it's just documents then we have the Hillary Clinton standard to consider. We don't want different standards for Democrats and Republicans do we.

I don't want Trump running again but you guys are making him a martyr. He just gained 10 points on DeSantis as a result of this raid.
See.... when one group of people decide to have a hearing to investigate an absolutely HEINOUS event in American history.... and the other side of the aisle decides to hide their heads in the sand, and not participate, you DO get a fairly one sided hearing.

But you attempting to discount it, just because the Republicans were so embarrassed that they didn't show up? Yeah. Not a good look for you dog.

Grrr...

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰ 100%
Detroit
Is joker flinging Levin spittle again?
No, dog is foaming at the mouth about the January 6th committee because the Republicans chose not to show up.

In his world, lack of evidence is evidence. Or something something.

Hey dog.... explain it to me. Since the Republicans didn't show up, does that mean their lack of ANTI evidence make everything the January 6 commission was asserting automatically true?

Asking for a friend cause I heard him claim that recently.
1660688050523.png

badlatitude

Super Anarchist
Fucking narcissistic bastard actually thought secrets belonged to him.

F.B.I. Interviewed Top White House Lawyers About Missing Trump Documents​

Source: New York Times

Pat A. Cipollone and Patrick F. Philbin, the White House counsel and his deputy under President Donald J. Trump, were interviewed by the F.B.I. in connection with boxes of sensitive documents that were stored at Mr. Trump’s residence in Florida after he left office, three people familiar with the matter said. Mr. Cipollone and Mr. Philbin are the most senior people who worked for Mr. Trump who are known to have been interviewed by investigators after the National Archives referred the matter to the Justice Department this year.

Mr. Philbin was interviewed in the spring, according to two of the people familiar with the matter, as investigators reached out to members of Mr. Trump’s circle to find out how 15 boxes of material — some of it marked as classified — made its way to his Mar-a-Lago resort in Palm Beach, Fla. It was unclear when Mr. Cipollone was interviewed. Mr. Cipollone and Mr. Philbin were Mr. Trump’s representatives to deal with the National Archives; they were named to the positions shortly before the president’s term ended, in January 2021.

At some point after National Archives officials realized they did not have Trump White House documents, which are required to be preserved under the Presidential Records Act, they contacted Mr. Philbin for help returning them. A spokesperson for Mr. Philbin did not immediately respond to a request for comment. Mr. Philbin tried to help the National Archives retrieve the material, two of the people familiar with the discussions said.

But the former president repeatedly resisted entreaties from his advisers. “It’s not theirs, it’s mine,” several advisers say Mr. Trump told them. The former president returned 15 boxes of material to the National Archives in January, but the Justice Department issued a subpoena in May for documents that were still at his residence. On June 3, counterintelligence officials with the Justice Department’s national security division went to Mar-a-Lago to collect remaining documents with classified markings.

Read more: https://www.nytimes.com/2022/08/16/us/politics/trump-cipollone-philbin-interviews-fbi.html

Sol Rosenberg

Girthy Member
Earth
See.... when one group of people decide to have a hearing to investigate an absolutely HEINOUS event in American history.... and the other side of the aisle decides to hide their heads in the sand, and not participate, you DO get a fairly one sided hearing.

But you attempting to discount it, just because the Republicans were so embarrassed that they didn't show up? Yeah. Not a good look for you dog.
The Republicans most definitely showed up…as witnesses.