FBI storms Mar a Lago

Clove Hitch

Halyard licker
around and about
That's Submariner near my boat is looking at 12 to 17 years for misplacing documents about nuclear defense related material
--------
Under the terms of Jonathan Toebbe’s plea agreement, he faces a likely prison sentence of roughly 12 years to 17½ years. He also agreed to help authorities recover all restricted or sensitive government data

Left Shift

Super Anarchist
Seattle
Good news for Donald Trump! He no longer has to worry about how this ends up.

Mar-A-Lago nuclear revelations make it 'almost impossible' for Trump to escape charges: legal expert​

The unspoken question is: HOW DID HE MANAGE TO KEEP THIS STUFF? Without having somebody blow a whistle?

Did Pompeo or Flynn or one of his tame generals decide to let it just pile up in the Oval?

My relatives who worked in the WH for some years cannot imagine how these documents weren't carefully tracked. This story will likely go on for years. At least it should.

Stingray~

Super Anarchist
PNW
This story will likely go on for years.
The prison time too.... There are a LOT of people implicated.

It could well be that the only reason Cheeto is not already behind bars is because of the DoJ wanting as damning a proof as possible, supported by all the coming flipping.

Sol Rosenberg

Girthy Member
Earth
Thankfully, it all works out to the same time in the slammer.
Gonna look worse than this in court. Add oxygen tank and non-existent hearing to incontinence.
D67713B0-1B42-4FB8-888C-0690BFDDFAF4.jpeg

badlatitude

Super Anarchist
The unspoken question is: HOW DID HE MANAGE TO KEEP THIS STUFF? Without having somebody blow a whistle?

Did Pompeo or Flynn or one of his tame generals decide to let it just pile up in the Oval?

My relatives who worked in the WH for some years cannot imagine how these documents weren't carefully tracked. This story will likely go on for years. At least it should.
I agree, in normal situations the White House would a fine example of how our secrets are maintained and protected. Unfortunately, Trump put a huge emphasis on loyalty. What that did was put what the president wanted ahead of everything that had rules. His 'get it done now' work ethic supplanted common sense and safety.
I would be very interested to hear from the custodians of those documents, their story could be a best seller, which they will have to write in prison with their boss.

Stingray~

Super Anarchist
PNW
Manafort looked like a complete f'ing wreck in one of his appearances after doing some of his time in N Virginia. It may have been theatrics, but I doubt it.

Last edited:

Olsonist

Disgusting Liberal Elitist
New Oak City
That's Submariner near my boat is looking at 12 to 17 years for misplacing documents about nuclear defense related material
--------
Under the terms of Jonathan Toebbe’s plea agreement, he faces a likely prison sentence of roughly 12 years to 17½ years. He also agreed to help authorities recover all restricted or sensitive government data

Misplacing?? He was selling them.

Burning Man

Super Anarchist
Back to the desert
Another factor is that these two have reportedly had unpleasant PM "conversations." This is spillover. These guys don't like each other. Funny how quickly the insults drop into the schoolyard variety. I think before anyone drives cross country for a fistfight ... one or both should consider the ignore function.
The real factor here is that I was giving Cal some good natured slagging about shaving his scrotum. Rather than taking it like the humor it was intended to be, he reacted badly like the petulant child he is. Francis needs to lighten up. Especially his propensity for attacking family members when he can't get a rise out of his opponent directly. He's been warned about that in the past by the mods.

Just saying.

Burning Man

Super Anarchist
Back to the desert
Because I don't see how TS/SCI stuff can be subject to either executive or lawyer-client confidentiality status. They are docs that belong to and were generated by the government, not Trump.

A lot of people are freaking out about the granting of the SM by this judge but it seems to me the judge may have reviewed that other stuff and sees a big time indictment within it, and might be simply making damn sure all the Ts are dotted an the Is are crossed on the obtaining of the evidence. We are not talking about just some case, this is in the area of our special legal system for wealthy people. A strange place it is too. Things exist in there which exist nowhere else on the planet...like the Affluensa Defense. Things Kafka could not have imagined even with the assistance of LCD and bath salts.
I was sort of assuming that the SM would be required to go through ALL the docs themself in order to verify what was gov't owned and what was personal or priviledged. How would the SM know for sure otherwise that the gov't turned over all the personal/privilege stuff?

The point being that if the FBI handed the SM one box of papers and said.... "here you go, feel free to review this stuff" - I can't imagine that would meet the intent of the SM's role. And please don't read me wrong here.... I am in no way advocating for that to happen - i.e. the SM gets access to classified docs. I'm simply saying how does that meet the judge's intent if ALL of the recovered stuff was not turned over?

Rasputin22

Rasputin22
I hate kale with all my soul. But, there is a restaurant on Maui (Monkeypod in Wailea) that has figured out a way to make it taste amazing. I was stunned when I tried a bite. I ended up ordering a bowl.

View attachment 539692
You could eat dried cow patties if you mixed enough Macadamia nuts with it

shaggybaxter

Super Anarchist
Australia
--------

If Trump gets off this fella, and anyone else stealing government information, will get a helluva get out of jail free card.
Maybe everyone could start selling off classified information. Will be a bit like the Russia after the collapse of the USSR.

Latest posts