FBI storms Mar a Lago

bridhb

Super Anarchist
Jax, FL
You are being kind to a treasonous bastard. Trump will never be a free man, he lives in a bubble. The walls are closing in, the rats are being rats.
People like Trump always live in a bubble of their choosing, only difference now is that US tax payers are footing the bill for the security. People like Trump always get off. He has been above the law and immune to justice his entire life of criminal activity. I have just a glimmer of hope that Garland might change things this time but I am not holding my breath. I have to save that for cleaning the bottom later this week.

shaggy

Super Anarchist
Co
they are retreating successfully, while the democrats panic. who are miss lindey's heirs? if he doesn't have children, he should abscond, immediately.
View attachment 540891
15 weeks is the headline grabber, they have already set the # at around 30, they will retreat to 20 then 25 or so all while smiling and saying see... We can compromise... Then we will have a fed law at 25 weeks no exceptions, just what they want, just in time for the midterms. Bonus is that the Maga ladies that were on the fence on this are going to see it as compromise and be backin the fold. These guys have this nailed, and ms. Lindsey can take the initial heat while they throw him under the bus to save face. It's the playbook...

badlatitude

Super Anarchist

'Out-maneuvered' Trump lawyers' 'desperation' is showing in latest filing: legal expert​

According to criminal defense attorney Shan Wu, the recent legal filing from Donald Trump's lawyers objecting to the Department of Justice's counterargument on appointing a special master and what constitutes a "classified" document is an embarrassment to the legal profession.

In a column for the Daily Beast, the attorney who specializes in white-collar crime claims that, from what he has seen from the dueling motions, the former president's lawyers are overmatched and have no clue how to defend their client.

Summing up the new filing, Wu asserted that it "smacks of an extremism and desperation perhaps born of having been maneuvered into a legal corner by Attorney General Merrick Garland’s Justice Department."

Using his own experience, Wu suggested that the tactics being used by Trump's lawyers are laughable -- such as arguing facts that are indisputable -- and are signs that they have no defense.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...ing-in-latest-filing-legal-expert/ar-AA11LFgl

Navig8tor

Super Anarchist

Trump’s Lawyers Reveal That Garland’s DOJ Has Backed Them Into a Legal Corner​

Defending the indefensible and running out of legal options, I'm shocked, shocked I say.
Guessing there's gonna be a lot more stiffed lawyers in the near future.

Why would any lawyer want to actually step up for Trump given the attrition we witness and the billable hours circling the drain.
A special kind of Sado Masochist perhaps.

Clove Hitch

Halyard licker
around and about
Defending the indefensible and running out of legal options, I'm shocked, shocked I say.

Why would any lawyer want to actually step up for Trump given the attrition we witness and the billable hours circling the drain.
Ok, but what if the corrupt, unqualified judge simply nods her head and agrees with them? Her ruling on the special master was so ridiculous does anyone really think she is any thing but a corrupt piece of shit who will give Trump whatever he asks for? Maybe I'm wrong but seriously don't get your hopes up

Last edited:

Fakenews

Super Anarchist
Ok, but what if the corrupt, unqualified judge simply nods her head and agrees with them? Her ruling on the special master was so ridiculous does anyone really think she is any thing but a corrupt piece of shit who will give Trump whatever he asks for? Maybe I'm wrong but seriously don't get your hopes up
Exactly, all you need is a judge to go along with the nonsense. Reminds me of the docu drama based On a real case “What about Pam”. In that case the judge was pals with the prosecutor and did everything she could to railroad an innocent man for murder even though all the evidence pointed to another person (who eventually got convicted). This is worse because the judge is overseeing a case where the defendant is responsible for her having her job. It’s unbelievable that she’s being allowed to carry on.

Clove Hitch

Halyard licker
around and about
Exactly, all you need is a judge to go along with the nonsense. Reminds me of the docu drama based On a real case “What about Pam”. In that case the judge was pals with the prosecutor and did everything she could to railroad an innocent man for murder even though all the evidence pointed to another person (who eventually got convicted). This is worse because the judge is overseeing a case where the defendant is responsible for her having her job. It’s unbelievable that she’s being allowed to carry on.
It really shows how fragile our legal system is just like January 6th showed how fragile our democracy is. Some lawyers are getting bent out of shape when you mention how one corrupt federal judge who is backed up by a corrupt stupid ass Supreme Court can just derail everything. Blather about how it's a flawed system but better than anarchy. I'm going to withhold judgment because if Trump does not face consequences then I will actually say that anarchy is better because he would face consequences from anarchists

The solution is for better checks and balances and no lifetime appointments.

Navig8tor

Super Anarchist
The solution is for better checks and balances and no lifetime appointments.
The solution should be the removal of political appointments to any level of judicial office, a formal peer review of performance every 2 or so years and yes the lifetime appointments should be binned.
Fair and Impartial is a direct conflict to any political appointment.

bridhb

Super Anarchist
Jax, FL

There are some true believers out there.

Gouvernail

Lottsa people don’t know I’m famous
Austin Texas
30 odd years ago I was about to purchase a small piece of property.
Around that time there was a syndicated talk radio guy Bruce Williams who gave financial advice to callers. Bruce said we should ALWAYS get a lawyer involved when buying real estate.
So, I asked a super real estate lawyer who happened to be one of my regular boat shop customers if he should be holding my hand through the $21,000 purchase.
“You are correct to ask. No. This is tiny, but I understand it is a lot of money for you. You don’t need me on this one, but you want to keep your options open. If they say anything about arbitration, say No. You want a judge. I want somebody I can buy.”

Latest posts