FBI storms Mar a Lago

veni vidi vici

Super Anarchist
How big a storage unit would you need for 30 million pages?

Answer, pretty fucking big, therefore I rate V3's claim as a lie:

80gsm bond paper has a thickness of 0.1 mm; gsm (grams per square metre) is a measure of its thickness.

This means that 500 sheets would have a thickness of 5 centimetres (cm)

1000 sheets would have a thickness of 10 cm.

There are 100 centimetres per metre

1,000,000 sheets would have a total thickness (height) of 10,000 cm or 100 metres – though a bit less allowing for its weight.

Since a metre is 39.4 inches or 3.2833 feet, 1 million sheets would be 328.33 feet high.
Yep… he was really cranking out shit

Raz'r

Super Anarchist
De Nile
Yep… he was really cranking out shit
So, somehow Obama backed up a series of semi-trucks to the white house and had a small army of loaders load the trucks up. Now, he's got a warehouse somewhere in Poughkeepsie under armed guard, keeping docs for who-knows-what.

You're a gullible fool.

βhyde

Super Anarchist
Beside Myself
Trump's campaign chair was colluding with Russians - he thought for business interests, yes, but he's a dumbass.

Let's all just agree that the campaign colluded, but were incompetent stooges. How's that?
And let's not forget 10-11 times TFG obstructed justice laid out in the Muller Report. @veni vidi vici and the elk seem to always brush that under the table.

veni vidi vici

Super Anarchist
I never dreamed we would be living in a post-factual world, but, here we are.... sigh....

76C0B861-3E8C-4F61-AEE7-C938C3B8742A.jpeg

veni vidi vici

Super Anarchist
hahaha
you must have missed the "unclassified" part of the description.
What a gullible maroon.
No I didn’t miss that, of course they are claiming to be declassified.
You understand that Trump as POTUS can have possession of classified documents, declassify documents.
This is not about that , this is a low level argument about archiving the documents in his procession.

Steam Flyer

Sophisticated Yet Humble
Eastern NC

βhyde

Super Anarchist
Beside Myself
You understand that Trump as POTUS can have possession of classified documents, declassify documents.
This is not about that , this is a low level argument about archiving the documents in his procession.
As former president, he cannot. Sorry.

Steam Flyer

Sophisticated Yet Humble
Eastern NC

He cannot declassify documents at will. There are circumstances under which he can, and some he cannot. And those documents are not his, they are the property of the USA and he is not allowed to keep them after leaving office.

BTW I still rate your claim about Obama removing gov't docs as "unproven" trying to give you the benefit of doubt here. How about something to show that this might actually be a little bit true?

Surfer7

Wall Street Journal: Opinion from Daniel Henninger

Mar-a-Lago Search Shows the Swamp’s Trump Obsession

An FBI raid against a former president should never happen. End of discussion.

"...a short list of real things preoccupying Americans would include inflation, crime, battles in Congress over spending, Ukraine fighting World War III for us in Europe, and China conducting massive live-fire military exercises around Taiwan....

After Mr. Trump took office, the Washington establishment—the Comey-McCabe FBI, opposition Democrats, the press—asked the public to indulge the notion that the new U.S. president was a Russian pawn. No matter that the Steele dossier, the day it was published, struck many as Russian fabulism. The press published story after story based on anonymous sources that it might be real. It wasn’t.

Mr. Trump fired FBI Director James Comey, and the public next got the Justice Department investigation led by Robert Mueller, a figure from Beltway central casting, which led to the Mueller report, which amounted to almost nothing. Then Adam Schiff(lies), the impeachments, etc., etc.

... the Democrats won back the presidency in 2020 when the incumbent Mr. Trump failed to put away an opponent who campaigned mostly from inside his house in Delaware.

Trump takedown accomplished? Obviously not. For the Swamp, Donald Trump is Dracula, and they won’t rest until they’ve put a stake through his heart."

Raz'r

Super Anarchist
De Nile
Trump "When he was POTUS" could declassify at will.

He is not POTUS - he's just an ordinary citizen.

This "may" be about archiving documents. You have no idea what it really is. Nor do I.

phillysailor

Super Anarchist
As usual, the idiots in charge of reich wing talking points can’t get their facts straight, and don’t even try.

Obama doesn’t have classified National Security documents stored somewhere on his wanna-be-rococo pimp’s club, he has created a semi-official institution devoted to rapidly digitizing 45million pages of materials which will dwarf the publicly available information available for other presidents.

He has done this as part of an agreement worked out with the National Archives which details the scope of the project, floor plan, timeline and mutually agreed upon third party vendor.

Here’s some context to understand the scope and value of the cooperative effort being put forth by Obama and his presidential librarian along with NARA.

Dan Cohen
Vice Provost, Dean, and Professor at Northeastern University

Presidential Libraries and the Digitization of Our Lives

Last edited:

veni vidi vici

Super Anarchist
As former president, he cannot. Sorry.
He cannot declassify documents at will. There are circumstances under which he can, and some he cannot. And those documents are not his, they are the property of the USA and he is not allowed to keep them after leaving office.

BTW I still rate your claim about Obama removing gov't docs as "unproven" trying to give you the benefit of doubt here. How about something to show that this might actually be a little bit true?
Jesus Fuck’n Christ !… you are the know it all Google it yourself!

phillysailor

Super Anarchist
I want what's legal and I don't know what that is.
What is “legal” anymore?

According to SCOTUS it’s whatever they groupthink decide is “original intent,” which appears to be the choice that is politically advantageous for Republicans.

Kinda hard to trust the law when they’ve made a mockery of historical analysis and reject precedent as a foundation for momentous decisions.