FBI storms Mar a Lago

MR.CLEAN

Not here
Chris Kise seems to have been removed from the Mar A Lago case. I suppose he told the boss he can not do much for him on that issue.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/27/politics/chris-kise-trump-mar-a-lago/index.html
No, he probably told Trump to take his advice, and Trump refused, and Kise said "cool, have your OANN freak argue the motion - I'm out."

Here's the clause that goes into my engagement agreements for all criminal clients, none of whom is billed on an hourly basis. Kise will undoubtedly have a similar clause.

Client acknowledges and agrees that the Flat Fee is fully earned on receipt and considered a “true retainer” being paid to ensure the Firm's availability to provide the Services. Because the Flat Fee is being paid to ensure the Firm's availability, if at any time the Company terminates this agreement except for the material non-performance of the Firm, the entire remaining unpaid fee shall become due and payable in full and all prior payments in cash and stock will be retained as fully earned fees for services rendered.

Steam Flyer

Sophisticated Yet Humble
Eastern NC
Chris Kise seems to have been removed from the Mar A Lago case. I suppose he told the boss he can not do much for him on that issue.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/27/politics/chris-kise-trump-mar-a-lago/index.html

From the article in the link:
Kise’s hiring came with an unusual price tag of $3 million, paid for by Trump’s outside spending arm. The retainer fee, paid upfront, raised eyebrows among other lawyers on Trump’s team, given the former President has a developed a reputation for not paying his legal fees.

So this is one time that Trump will not stiff his lawyer. His backers are $3 million poorer.

Last edited:

Stingray~

Super Anarchist
PNW
I would guess that when Kise told Trump "You're fucked fourteen ways from Thursday" it wouldn't have gone well.
Wasn't Kise among the 3 lawyers this week visiting the Fed Court in NY a day or two back? Maybe he predicted bad news coming outta that..

Last edited:

badlatitude

Super Anarchist

DOJ declares seized Mar-a-Lago materials list full and accurate despite Trump's claims​

CNN — The Justice Department submitted, as part of the special master review of the Mar-a-Lago search, a slightly revised inventory of the materials seized in the search, along with an FBI affidavit indicating that the new inventory fully reflects what was taken. The special master, Judge Raymond Dearie, had requested that the Justice Department submit an affidavit declaring whether the inventory captured a “full and accurate” picture of the search – a request that came after former President Donald Trump claimed, without evidence, that the FBI may have planted items during it.

“I am not aware of any documents or materials seized from the Premises on that date by the FBI that are not reflected in the Revised Detailed Property Inventory,” an FBI agent, whose identity was redacted, wrote in the new affidavit, “other than materials that the Privilege Review Team has not provided to the Case Team.”

According to the FBI, the agency had only a single business day to compile the first version of the inventory – filed several weeks ago – but has since had more time to review and catalog the list. The filing also noted that a review team filtered out potentially privileged material found after the seizure at Mar-a-Lago, which they have kept. The agent said the revisions to the new list were “minor.”

According to CNN’s comparison of the two versions, the new version showed the same total number of documents marked classified as compiled in the previously filed inventory. The new version shows two fewer press clippings and two fewer empty envelopes with classified banners than the previous count. The revised inventory also shows a few dozen more government records without classified markings, out of the thousands that the FBI says it obtained in the search.

Read more: https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/26/poli...eized-materials-list-full-accurate/index.html

Mark_K

Super Anarchist
No, he probably told Trump to take his advice, and Trump refused, and Kise said "cool, have your OANN freak argue the motion - I'm out."

Here's the clause that goes into my engagement agreements for all criminal clients, none of whom is billed on an hourly basis. Kise will undoubtedly have a similar clause.

Client acknowledges and agrees that the Flat Fee is fully earned on receipt and considered a “true retainer” being paid to ensure the Firm's availability to provide the Services. Because the Flat Fee is being paid to ensure the Firm's availability, if at any time the Company terminates this agreement except for the material non-performance of the Firm, the entire remaining unpaid fee shall become due and payable in full and all prior payments in cash and stock will be retained as fully earned fees for services rendered.
Same thing, pretty much.

Recidivist

Super Anarchist

Client, understood. Firm, understood. Who is this 3rd party "the Company"?

badlatitude

Super Anarchist
Hopefully, Judges take the time to look at these and adjust their 4 month sentencing habits for 1/6 defendants.

badlatitude

Super Anarchist
Two-faced criminals begging for leniency, while their relatives call Capitol Police "pieces of shit", in the courtroom.

No leniency should be granted as these people have no remorse for what they did, and will do it again, in a New York minute, should the opportunity arise....
Thankfully this guy got the full sentence. Will he be self reflective and adjust his behavior? Only in your dreams.

Grog

Anarchist's Anarchist
Germany
This is going to make a great TV series , like nothing you’ve never seen before . It’s too expansive for a movie unless it was maybe a trilogy of epic proportions

Naaaah, it would never work on TV.

All the lies, the incompetence, the bullshit, the grifting, the insane foreign and domestic politics, the hair, the handling of Covid, the constant hire and fire, the wilful destruction of everything this clan and the orange clown heading it ever touched is just way too overblown to be connected to any sort of reality.

This, as a TV show, would make Breaking Bad look like a tranquil docu narrated by David Attenborough.

This, as reality, however, is an ongoing nightmare with a cheerful audience of one: Putin.

[. <- still no white space, suckers!]