FBI storms Mar a Lago

MauiPunter

Will sail for food
I would have written "none of that is true here".
Otherwise, seemed okay to me.
I was also getting hung up on the "the records there were seized", and for some reason, I thought it should read, "the records that were seized". But I guess the original is fine.

Having re-read it this morning, it seems to flow better. I think I was just tired and comatose from turkey.

Ishmael

Fuctifino
IANAL, so I wonder if there is some mechanism in US law which prevents the uber-wealthy from extending the process by pelting a court with an infinite number of BS appeals.

Several of Trump's lawyers have been sanctioned for doing just that. Referred to their state bar and whacked on the pee-pee.

Ishmael

Fuctifino
Yeah, but I suspect there is a practically endless supply of lawyers who are on the verge of retirement and would like an extra mill or so for one last gig.

Quality lawyers is the problem. That's why Trump is represented by the current crop of hacks. Not including Trusty and Kise, who seem to know what they are doing. Kise was smart enough to take that million up front, no refunds. Trump also has no valid defense, which is a major problem for the team.

Steam Flyer

Sophisticated Yet Humble
Eastern NC
Yeah, but I suspect there is a practically endless supply of lawyers who are on the verge of retirement and would like an extra mill or so for one last gig.

Quality lawyers is the problem. That's why Trump is represented by the current crop of hacks. Not including Trusty and Kise, who seem to know what they are doing. Kise was smart enough to take that million up front, no refunds. Trump also has no valid defense, which is a major problem for the team.

Not really, as long as they don't co-conspire in some way. The only risk to Trump's lawyers... assuming they get their money up front, and if they don't, they're idiots anyway... is a hit to their win/loss record. Which I assume they charge for, accordingly.