Final Farr Friday

Sol Rosenberg

Girthy Member
Earth
From Clean:
I'm very drunk.
Sounds like you are chanelling your inner Hemingway. The morning was dark. I was very drunk. I went to Pepe's. I had a bloody mary. I sat on the patio. I vomited in a flower pot. It was good.

Pick any three of those. You deserve it for a job well done.

water ratz

Super Anarchist
Near the water
Know what? Exactly two years ago, I asked Mer to marry me right here in KW on Mallory Square. One year ago Sunday we got married. Too cool. This has been a very special place, and corny as it may sound, SA has been an incredibly big part of our lives, our relationship, and our world. This community is as unique as anything on the planet, of that I'm sure.
Happy Anniversery Guys! May it be the first of many!!! :rolleyes:

Pete M

Super Anarchist
So Cal
mer, vegas, zar, clean

thx for all that - I did even less at work than usual this week.

BTW I clicked every banner I could find

XPHRFer

Anarchist
LIS NY
Outstanding coverage!! that was the beast OTW coverage. I have never had the chance to do KWRW yet but I really felt like I was there !!

Hats Off to SA and Mr Clean and Crew great work

The best sailing website in the world......

rdavis

Great job all! Now I feel that the first time that I do KWRW should be doing OTW coverage. This looks like it is the jump start for the future for OTW covergae.

Rob

MR.CLEAN

Not here
One of the best sequences of the week ended with this photo. I'll get the sequence together and post later. Keep checking in on this thread for lots more stuff, as the cobwebs clear from my head I'll be adding it.

Last night was truly over the top.

Last edited by a moderator:

FastrSailr

Super Anarchist
Detroit
Clean-

Great job to you and the OTWA Team. Can't imagine what it'll be like next year. Lemme know when you come back to the D, I'll buy you a drink.

After getting my first round of exams back, I'm not as petrified of law school.

Cheers,

Kyle

MR.CLEAN

Not here
We ran out of Anarchy tattoos, but Terry was happy to accept an application from Torresen Marine and my wife's gentle hands. Note one of our pals from Wairere on the right with an SA-size drink in hand.

t._hutchinson___torresen_tattoo_3.jpg

Name_That_Tat.jpg

t._hutchinson___torresen_tattoo_2.jpg

MR.CLEAN

Not here
On The Water Anarchy Team Photo. Thanks to all of you from all of us, and thanks to Scot and the Dawg for making it all possible, and working their asses off so that it worked so well. The improvements they made to the forum infrastructure will pay dividends for a long time.

On_the_water_team_picture.jpg

MR.CLEAN

Not here
Here's a little interview with Terry Hutchinson and Jim Richardson just minutes after they received Boat of the Year for Key West 2008. Apologies for my scratchy voice and five-drink slur, as well as the guy cleaning the tent with a leaf blower in the background.

Thanks to Farr Yacht Sales for presenting this interview. I guess this is an appropriate ad to go with the interview:

GROOVEDERCI, a FARR 40 One Design, was conceived as a high performance boat that would benefit from modern materials in an economic platform. The design of the boat and the formation of Class Rules and Constitution proceeded in parallel allowing input from the operator and builder side of the equation. The Owner/Driver class rule was an influencing factor in the conceptual phase of the design, encouraging us towards easy to tune, simple arrangements that would not take time and energy from the primary activity of sailboat racing.

www.FarrYachtSales.com [email protected]

MR.CLEAN

Not here
Huge shout out to the boyz and galz from our hood - Bill Hanckel's J/120 Emocean and Robert Hibdon's SR33 Temptress destroyed their PHRF 2 and PHRF 3 competition. Emocean also won the Charleston to Bermuda race this year with our lovely pal Anna Hofford aboard.

Pretty good for the quaint little southern town of Charleston.

Come see how you stack up to our hot competition in April at Charleston Race Week. We're family friendly as well as plenty edgy for those without the family aboard, and things don't cost an arm and a leg in Chucktown.

We're working on some special parties just for SA'ers as well.

MR.CLEAN

Not here
From our sponsors:

HOT FLASH, - Beneteau introduced the First IMS 40.7 in 1993 as a limited-series built by its custom shop. The First IMS 40.7 utilizes high-tech composite construction, state of the art for IMS of the time. Farr Yacht Design 289 is based on the highly successful design #277 IMS40 Farr/Cookson "High Five" and continued to evole into future designs like the Mumm 36 and ILC 40. This is not your average Beneteau 40.7 but a custom designed and built Farr IMS 40.

www.FarrYachtSales.com [email protected]

dprobable

Huge shout out to the boyz and galz from our hood - Bill Hanckel's J/120 Emocean and Robert Hibdon's SR33 Temptress destroyed their PHRF 2 and PHRF 3 competition. Emocean also won the Charleston to Bermuda race this year with our lovely pal Anna Hofford aboard.
Pretty good for the quaint little southern town of Charleston.

Come see how you stack up to our hot competition in April at Charleston Race Week. We're family friendly as well as plenty edgy for those without the family aboard, and things don't cost an arm and a leg in Chucktown.

We're working on some special parties just for SA'ers as well.
Coverage was enjoyable if a tad amateurish. Scuttlebutt was Farr more professional and focused on the larger boats where I think Farr makes their money. I doubt if Farr profits from Melges. I would enjoy donating some money to SA to get Clean some decent stabilized equipment, but he needs to be stabilized as well and not so envious of big boats. Pity to have lost the Ernesto face to face. Clean you make a lot of your legal background...what is it pray tell? Where did you graduate from? Where did you practice? Any notable cases? you are certanly gonzoesque, almost. Hunter S would enjoy your take on racing life. Why do you ignore the big boats?

dain bramage

Anarchist
Chicago
Coverage was enjoyable if a tad amateurish. Scuttlebutt was Farr more professional and focused on the larger boats where I think Farr makes their money. I doubt if Farr profits from Melges. I would enjoy donating some money to SA to get Clean some decent stabilized equipment, but he needs to be stabilized as well and not so envious of big boats. Pity to have lost the Ernesto face to face. Clean you make a lot of your legal background...what is it pray tell? Where did you graduate from? Where did you practice? Any notable cases? you are certanly gonzoesque, almost. Hunter S would enjoy your take on racing life. Why do you ignore the big boats?

There are those that engage and those that just talk a lot. Clean jumped in head first and gave many of us a serious taste of what was taking place and than there's you. Just talking. Adding no value, just taking shots.

Piss off bitch!

dain

krispy kreme

Super Anarchist
Why don't you "tad" your ass back to Scuttlefuck. Oh yeah, and you can wait a month for your prissy little $180/subscription magazines to deal the goods on your beloved big boats at KWRW

Pete M

Super Anarchist
So Cal
"Oh yeah, and you can wait a month for your prissy little $180/subscription magazines to deal the goods on your beloved big boats at KWRW"

70 days delay is more like it.

and dprobable -what s'butt coverage? the once daily unreadable canned blather?- or the link to the premier coverage? - which was good for RC guys as far as it went- but was also skimpy as the RC had work to do