Final Farr Friday

SailorRose

Super Anarchist
GPP, MI
Sounds like you are chanelling your inner Hemingway. The morning was dark. I was very drunk. I went to Pepe's. I had a bloody mary. I sat on the patio. I vomited in a flower pot. It was good.
Pick any three of those. You deserve it for a job well done.
You win the "Post of the Week" award!! I love it!!

Last edited by a moderator:

BarePoles

Super Anarchist
Los Angeles, CA
Coverage was enjoyable if a tad amateurish. Scuttlebutt was Farr more professional and focused on the larger boats where I think Farr makes their money. I doubt if Farr profits from Melges. I would enjoy donating some money to SA to get Clean some decent stabilized equipment, but he needs to be stabilized as well and not so envious of big boats. Pity to have lost the Ernesto face to face. Clean you make a lot of your legal background...what is it pray tell? Where did you graduate from? Where did you practice? Any notable cases? you are certanly gonzoesque, almost. Hunter S would enjoy your take on racing life. Why do you ignore the big boats?

Wow you are an arrogant little child. Who gives a shit what Cleans law career entailed or what school he went too??

And I think you missed the point of what Clean and Co. did with this OTW Anarchy. If all I wanted to hear about where the TP's and Farr40's I woulda logged on the the SW forum. Where else can you see Star (M32) blasting away at 20+ on the way to the course than on here? (coolest shit of the week by far)

Anyway, Clean and Co. awesome job, I look forward to it again next year.

BP

dprobable

Wow you are an arrogant little child. Who gives a shit what Cleans law career entailed or what school he went too??
And I think you missed the point of what Clean and Co. did with this OTW Anarchy. If all I wanted to hear about where the TP's and Farr40's I woulda logged on the the SW forum. Where else can you see Star (M32) blasting away at 20+ on the way to the course than on here? (coolest shit of the week by far)

Anyway, Clean and Co. awesome job, I look forward to it again next year.

BP
wow, ask a couple of questions and don't drool over Cool and you get 6 quick ad hominems from, I suspect, entities not given to civilized discussion. Cool your people love you clearly, and I shall not ever ask for your legal cv/bio again. Still happy to donate to a fund to get you decent equipment regardless of whether your sycophants rant about big boat elitism and prefer barfing in flower pots.

Pete M

Super Anarchist
So Cal
"and dprobable -what s'butt coverage? the once daily unreadable canned blather?- or the link to the premier coverage? - which was good for RC guys as far as it went- but was also skimpy as the RC had work to do"

dprobable - counting not your long suit? if you include me it was only 4 attacks -

but - how is the above quote "ad hominem"?

Sol Rosenberg

Girthy Member
Earth
wow, ask a couple of questions and don't drool over Cool and you get 6 quick ad hominems from, I suspect, entities not given to civilized discussion. Cool your people love you clearly, and I shall not ever ask for your legal cv/bio again. Still happy to donate to a fund to get you decent equipment regardless of whether your sycophants rant about big boat elitism and prefer barfing in flower pots.
You really deserve a boot in the nuts. It was made very clear that coverage of the handicap classes would be spotty because they did not want to figure out who was doing well or not. One design coverage made more sense, in that regard. Enjoy the coverage you get on SB. Sorry you do not approve of the KW party scene. There are other things to do in KW that are probably more your speed. Go ahead and spend your KW experience on your hands and knees with your face buried in a pillow while Roger drives you to Newark. Oh, and by the way

Fuck off Noob.

dprobable

You really deserve a boot in the nuts. It was made very clear that coverage of the handicap classes would be spotty because they did not want to figure out who was doing well or not. One design coverage made more sense, in that regard. Enjoy the coverage you get on SB. Sorry you do not approve of the KW party scene. There are other things to do in KW that are probably more your speed. Go ahead and spend your KW experience on your hands and knees with your face buried in a pillow while Roger drives you to Newark. Oh, and by the way
Fuck off Noob.
Good morning Sol Rosenberg. Much as it is delightful to read about your sexual fantasies and endure your illiteracy, would you perhaps be willing to also donate money to Cool to get some decent equipment? In my case I would like to see it so the coverage would improve out on the race course. In your case it could perhaps provide pillow video for later in the evening. Get a boat Sol. Start growing up and racing.

Sol Rosenberg

Girthy Member
Earth
Good morning Sol Rosenberg. Much as it is delightful to read about your sexual fantasies and endure your illiteracy, would you perhaps be willing to also donate money to Cool to get some decent equipment? In my case I would like to see it so the coverage would improve out on the race course. In your case it could perhaps provide pillow video for later in the evening. Get a boat Sol. Start growing up and racing.
Keep yaking, noob. You demonstrate how little you know with each post. You should probably go back to the SB forums, lest you prompt a field trip to your hallowed grounds.

Grinder

Super Anarchist
Chicago, IL
Christ, you are a bore.

dprobable

Christ, you are a bore.
Don't any of you Posters (or perhaps Poseurs?) have any money? Are you all penniless whingers? Which of you will step up and donate money for new equipment for Cool? You all love posting drivel in support of Cool, but none of you offer money. You ignore a positive suggestion I guess because your love for Cool ends with your four foot arms delving into six foot pockets.

MR.CLEAN

Not here
dprobable, people have largely respected the OTW threads for what they are - a record of regattas as seen through our team's eyes with Anarchist input, suggestions, and criticism. While making rules here is loathesome to me, you are the first that has derailed what is a good resource for many people. You said our coverage was a bit amateurish - that's good input. Then you wrote a bunch of semi-retarded spewage about scuttlebutt and other posters, all of them more intelligent than you.

This is not the place for your crap. Take it to SA, or be gone.

MR.CLEAN

Not here
We're going through all the pics now - the friday gallery is going to be very enjoyable. Ernesto gave me a hell of a look as they were going by.

Also got a bunch of anarchist pics, lots and lots.

dprobable

dprobable, people have largely respected the OTW threads for what they are - a record of regattas as seen through our team's eyes with Anarchist input, suggestions, and criticism. While making rules here is loathesome to me, you are the first that has derailed what is a good resource for many people. You said our coverage was a bit amateurish - that's good input. Then you wrote a bunch of semi-retarded spewage about scuttlebutt and other posters, all of them more intelligent than you.
you just saved me from donating a few hundred bucks to start a fund for new equipment for you. Excellent spewage Mr Cool.

flaps15

Super Anarchist
dna level c
I gotta say, I got home from KWRW and have been reading the threads/watching the vids. Clean/Ed and entourage that was awesome! Alot of the boats in Div 2 and the like, have schedules/curfews and not allowed pc's onboard so we couldn't always keep up with your reporting. As for above, no one else is doing it, proven by the lame Premier Racing reporting by even some of our own anarchists. You've got something great here, otherwise they wouldn't be trying to copy? Keep it up! and thanks. Now I've got something to show family and friends as to what we love and why we participate, in this crazy sport.

JayP

Anarchist
Few random thoughts on the week, dampened by a day and a half on the road and Mount Gay DT's...

1) Want to win PHRF class at Key West RW? Put together a good crew and buy an SR33. Not taking anything away from Temptress crew who apparently are fucking good -- this ain't their first time kicking ass -- but what an enduring design. Has any other design won there as often? Things must not only have been drawn well, but also built well.

2) The upwind finish races suck for the short boat in the class (duh).

3) I wasn't on the Farr 40 course but word on the dock among the aussies and kiwis was it was no accident that Alinghi finished well down. With all those AC pros in the F40 class wondering where their next paycheck is coming from, apparently der Swiss got camped on a bit.

4) Race committee did everything humanly possible to get races in, and to my taste made the right decisions about racing or not racing. Strange weather, but they rolled with it.