Final Farr Friday

Don't any of you Posters (or perhaps Poseurs?) have any money? Are you all penniless whingers? Which of you will step up and donate money for new equipment for Cool? You all love posting drivel in support of Cool, but none of you offer money. You ignore a positive suggestion I guess because your love for Cool ends with your four foot arms delving into six foot pockets.
It must have occurred to you that you are not SA's target market. What Cool (sorry ":^>) Clean and the Gang did was innovative, guerrilla race reportage and geared to the ethos of SA. It garnered a very enthusiastic response from its intended audience. OTWA will continue to grow organically fed by the personalities and resources of those involved and will thrive or crash on its own merits. Your "helpful" suggestions are akin to Barry Manilow telling Green Day that their efforts are amateurish and that they need new equipment for a more "professional" sound.

Now that I have gone to the trouble of buying you a clue, I hope you realize why you come off as a pompous windbag.

You're welcome.

Last edited by a moderator:

dprobable

It must have occurred to you that you are not SA's target market. What Cool (sorry ":^>) Clean and the Gang did was innovative, guerrilla race reportage and geared to the ethos of SA. It garnered a very enthusiastic response from its intended audience. OTWA will continue to grow organically fed by the personalities and resources of those involved and will thrive or crash on its own merits. Your "helpful" suggestions are akin to Barry Manilow telling Green Day that their efforts are amateurish and that they need new equipment for a more "professional" sound.
Now that I have gone to the trouble of buying you a clue, I hope you realize why you come off as a pompous windbag.

You're welcome.
As usual you types are long on verbiage and short on money. Everyone of you avoid stepping up and saying "Yes, I will donate a hundred dollars to make Mr Clean "cool" a better reporter. Mr Clean you have a group of penniless sycophants and it is so sad because if they were in the least quality you and Mer would have people offering money to make your offerings first class. Your heart is in it and the rest of them are pitiful. There will be no growth in quality until these sad sacks step up...........sadly they won't as they are poseurs at best.

WOW what a week...just got back to the frozen north, probably had the most fun of any regatta I have ever been to...and I never sailed.

Thanks for all the kind words, but I was really just ballast...Clean is a freak'n machine..I have never seen one person work so hard...MER , well look at her shots...she has the eye of a hunter! and I swear that there are 3 Vegas's what energy...PLUS he catered our boat!!

AS you can tell, a lot was done on the fly, but by the last day I think we fell into a pretty good rhythm. I had a blast doing it!

Sorry about my crappy vid work! the first day It was a brand new camera, and I did not notice that the freak'n camera was set on "close up" instead of infinity, SHIT... worst of all, I have a lot of out of focus shots of our stripper...er I mean dancer..er model....any way, I actually did improve...I have not seen many videos yet myself. but MER's still shots are 1st rate...YES she should do a calendar.... Plus I have a few shots and clips that I will post that never made it out of my camera, including a lot of behind the scenes stuff....just as soon as I shake the sand out of my teva's, and the rum out of my head.

More later

z

Last edited by a moderator:

Pete M

Super Anarchist
So Cal
"There will be no growth in quality until these sad sacks step up...........sadly they won't as they are poseurs at best. "

dude - it's a commercial operation -

MER

Reporters
Clean, You have to be loving that Ernesto's captain got busted for trying to buy coke yesterday! How awesome!
I wouldn't wish that shit on anyone. EB may be a dick, but the guy who runs his boat is just another sailor doing a job, most likely.

-Clean

JDL

Super Anarchist
I wouldn't wish that shit on anyone. EB may be a dick, but the guy who runs his boat is just another sailor doing a job, most likely.
-Clean
Clean,

You should know. What's going to happen to this guy....other than losing his job? Do they hold his passport, does he skip on the bail and go home (never to return), does he get deported, does (assuming a 1st timer) he come to Jesus and go through rehab and get a slap?

Just curious.

Again, great job last week!

Epilog after my first KWRW

~I finally got a chance to see some of my video work….ok, I suck… Truth be told, I think myself as a writer/producer/director not a cameraman. Hey, have you ever seen Spielberg’s home movies? He sucks! That’s why I never go there any more… (I used to tell him that the first thing on Shindlers list should be avoid Steve’s Bar Mitzvah videos.)

ANYWAY, In the future an investment should be a pro vid guy, with the right kind of camera for on the water stuff…..

~It was great to meet many of my SA brethren and siteren.. Dixie, Slow Ed and about 50 more that I must have met after 6:15….( in other words after my 6th rum), but for the most part, I feel better keeping a modem and hundreds of mile of cable between us.

~Waitresses with more that 4 visible piercing do not think that a $20 off coupon on their next purchase at West Marine of $70.00 or more is an appropriate tip (same for a “Honda Marine” floating key chain)

~Inviting your handsome young charter boat skipper and his buddy to the rum tent is a great way to attract women….to them

~You actually CAN get lost on an 8 square mile island provided they change the name of the road every 2 miles

~Is it just me or is SLAM stuff crappy and overpriced even by regatta clothing standards. And Yes we (me) are fat, but I am an off the rack XL, I should be able to at least close an XXL vest (for 70 bucks!)

~Finally, this was my first truly international regatta, and I learned that a sailor can be from France, Italy, Japan, and even though we don’t share a language, you can look into his eyes and still tell that he is a complete nim-rod

I’ll post more pics later…hope to see some of you in St. Pete or Charleston

z

A huge thanks to Mr. Clean, Merridith, Vegas and the whole Sailing Anarchy gang for an amazing job covering Key West Race Week!

This is a long, tough and exhausting week; early mornings, long days and an active night life...props for your endurance.

As a sponsor, Farr Yacht Sales and Farr Yacht Design greatly appreciate your efforts and exposure throughout the week. We received great response through the website and e-mails and appreciate all those who registered for our electronic newsletter.

As sailing enthusiast we love the coverage! The rough, un-edited videos speak to the sailing passion in all of us and make you feel as though you are right there on the water. And the commentary is fantastic and insightful, not the dumbed-down layman's terms; no politics and not PC...awesome!

From Farr Yacht Design and Farr Yacht Sales, Thank you again for an amazing job!

And thanks to everyone on the water and on the websites...we share your passion!

Thanks Farr Sales and the rest of the sponsors to have made it happen....

Clean and team .. Job well done .... no kidding.... I was riveted.

Some of the movie clips are now on my favourite list great comments as well..

I throughly enjoyed Key West Racing Week sitting on my butt in the office. Nobody I mean NOBODY can report up to the minute about an event in that magnitude like you guys ...

With every wobbly movie , with every post the SOUL of sailboat racing was right there in front of me telling me that I should be in Key West instead of my office

THANKS Thor

NoStrings

Super Anarchist
Richmond, CA
Thanks for all of the support Farr Yacht Sales!!! We've given FYD a fairly large heap of scorn in the past for the V70's, but it's great to see that you guys can shrug it off and appreciate the passion and enthusiasm that we all share for this sport. Thanks again for pitching in to help make OTWA at KWRW possible.

MR.CLEAN

Not here
We're stuck in Ft. Pierce, Florida with car trouble. If any of you has ever put 50:1 premix in their car to try and make it a mile to the gas station, please PM me with what you did to fix it. Clearly, 3 AM is my "blonde moment" time, but a friendly anarchist happens to own a nearby hotel, so at least we're comfortable.

Bill (FYS)- you rock. We can't thank you enough for your appreciation for our rough-and-tumble style of getting the action out there. From some of the other threads, it's clear that not everyone loved what we did - but everyone watched it, and it will only grow from here.

Watch this space for Friday's pics, including some of FYS himself hiking that big Rima bitch down - I think we got Peter Reggio mooning us, too.

water ratz

Super Anarchist
Near the water
We're stuck in Ft. Pierce, Florida with car trouble. If any of you has ever put 50:1 premix in their car to try and make it a mile to the gas station, please PM me with what you did to fix it. Clearly, 3 AM is my "blonde moment" time, but a friendly anarchist happens to own a nearby hotel, so at least we're comfortable.
Bill (FYS)- you rock. We can't thank you enough for your appreciation for our rough-and-tumble style of getting the action out there. From some of the other threads, it's clear that not everyone loved what we did - but everyone watched it, and it will only grow from here.

Watch this space for Friday's pics, including some of FYS himself hiking that big Rima bitch down - I think we got Peter Reggio mooning us, too.
Sorry to hear about the car trouble, good luck getting home. and wouldn't Peter be a Wednesday post? B)

dprobable

"There will be no growth in quality until these sad sacks step up...........sadly they won't as they are poseurs at best. "
dude - it's a commercial operation -
Thank you. I completely lost the 'commercial' thread of Clean's activities. I thought is was an attempt to correlate the community of sailors outside of the 'commercial venture' and that a bit of largesse to Clean would enable him to improve what he offers, which is unique in the amateur world as well as the more accomplished world. If his efforts are to be viewed from the point of view of strictly "commercial", then I wonder why his postings are so exclusionary and cliquish and defensively reactionary. If one of my employees acted in such a manner to our customers, said employee would be down the road. In business, the customer is always right, and you always leave your customers believing this. Customers can yell at customers but the business does not get involved. I am asked to support Farr etc and then vilified. My offer of money for equipment was clearly treated as offside and ignored by Clean, even though it would help him and such offers are not commercially verboten or unheard of in a start up venue. I consider "OTW" as start up. Would that he would have ignored opinions that he does not agree with altogether, or he could use his legal training and knowledge of the English language to make his point with inclusionary reason and without ad hominem exclusion. Good luck with this "commercial " venture in the hands of such a person. I fear the exclusionary elitist sycophancy sought by Clean will be the OTW death knell ultimately.

criswak

SF Bay
Thank you. I completely lost the 'commercial' thread of Clean's activities. Good luck with this "commercial " venture in the hands of such a person. I fear the exclusionary elitist sycophancy sought by Clean will be the OTW death knell ultimately.

Damn Clean, I think he's wishing you Doom and Unmitigated Failure.

We all know where that'll get you...

When does OTW hold its public offering, I want to buy in at the bottom.

5kt