Finn rigging

WCB

Super Anarchist
Park City, UT
That might work.  Old boat, needs load of work but gettin’ crazy sitting around making lists and fiddling with bits/pieces.

I’ll give it a shot.  
I have been trying to convince my wife that a drive to San Diego for a Finn regatta is a good idea.  So far no dice.  We're hosting an event here that weekend which makes it awkward.

surf nazi

Super Anarchist
That might work.  Old boat, needs load of work but gettin’ crazy sitting around making lists and fiddling with bits/pieces.

I’ll give it a shot.  
You should definitely go. You can get all your answers and your boat rigged in a day. Everyone there is very helpful and encouraging. Much better and faster learning curve than typing on the interweb.

blunderfull

Super Anarchist
You should definitely go. You can get all your answers and your boat rigged in a day. Everyone there is very helpful and encouraging. Much better and faster learning curve than typing on the interweb.
To be sure - I’ll be there.   You guys are really helping this along.  Be cool to hang in the yard and ck rigging and such and get out on the water.

SN:  do you remember color of 1970’s Newport Finns?   Only have b/w for reference.

Met Hank @ Baxter & Cicero.  He was kind enough to show me Finn photos, some gear etc.   Shout out to Mike Dorgan who hooked me up with Henry, who I spoke with about this boat and so forth.   It was a good day!

surf nazi

Super Anarchist
To be sure - I’ll be there.   You guys are really helping this along.  Be cool to hang in the yard and ck rigging and such and get out on the water.

SN:  do you remember color of 1970’s Newport Finns?   Only have b/w for reference.

Met Hank @ Baxter & Cicero.  He was kind enough to show me Finn photos, some gear etc.   Shout out to Mike Dorgan who hooked me up with Henry, who I spoke with about this boat and so forth.   It was a good day!
Newports were before my time. That's a question for Henry. Mike has been doing a great job promoting the finn in that area. Great fleet and great group of guys.  

BIYC

So Cal
White deck with just about any color hull, a lot of light grey decks, boats all one color too. Long Beach Gold Cup winner was light grey deck dark grey hull, my boat was emerald green hull light grey deck. Many of the Newport Finns were made in the 60s.

blunderfull

Super Anarchist
@blunderfull you won't be the only one in the parking lot rigging the boat.  My buddy is bringing an old Vanguard to the event and he's going to need some help.
Cool.  Like to see Vanguards.  I’ll stop by & see where he’s at.

I’m in ‘running what U brung mode.’  Psyched to race, wishing more on boat was finished but, no worries.  

WCB

Super Anarchist
Park City, UT
Cool.  Like to see Vanguards.  I’ll stop by & see where he’s at.

I’m in ‘running what U brung mode.’  Psyched to race, wishing more on boat was finished but, no worries.  
He'll be the same.  I just ordered a bunch of new control line material for him as the boat is stripped.  His name is Ryan.  White hull, gray deck, on a trailer (no dolly).  He's running an aluminum mast and old sail but he'll be racing.

blunderfull

Super Anarchist
He'll be the same.  I just ordered a bunch of new control line material for him as the boat is stripped.  His name is Ryan.  White hull, gray deck, on a trailer (no dolly).  He's running an aluminum mast and old sail but he'll be racing.
No dolly either.   I’ll wait to see what’s around the yard @ SDYC and go from there. 

Need a Little Hawk Mk ll and West Marine/Newport told me no stock showing across the board all West M. stores.   Online too slow - need before 12 Sept and can’t source supplier who’ll guarantee delivery by then.  (Schaefer doing ok business these days- that’s a pretty common wind indicator to be o/s this time of year?)

WCB

Super Anarchist
Park City, UT
No dolly either.   I’ll wait to see what’s around the yard @ SDYC and go from there. 

Need a Little Hawk Mk ll and West Marine/Newport told me no stock showing across the board all West M. stores.   Online too slow - need before 12 Sept and can’t source supplier who’ll guarantee delivery by then.  (Schaefer doing ok business these days- that’s a pretty common wind indicator to be o/s this time of year?)
https://westcoastsailing.net/little-hawk-mk2-wind-indicator/   West Coast Sailing is usually shipping the same day or the next day and to you it should be two days to get to you. @WestCoast

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts