Fire Chris Wray

kent_island_sailor

Super Anarchist
Kent Island!
The sooner you fuckers get an apolitical public service like the rest of the civilised world, the better.
1659717742088.png

We have had an apolitical civil service for a long time for say the bottom 3/4s or 7/8s of it. The president can fire the head of the FBI, but not individual FBI agents.
The Republicans are floating a plan to make pretty much everyone a political employee like it was 1820 all over again.

Ishmael

Yes, we have no bananas
Fuctifino
View attachment 532558
We have had an apolitical civil service for a long time for say the bottom 3/4s or 7/8s of it. The president can fire the head of the FBI, but not individual FBI agents.
The Republicans are floating a plan to make pretty much everyone a political employee like it was 1820 all over again.

The R plan to cancel all laws after five years and force their reapproval, their plan to Schedule F everyone in government so they can fire everyone at once and replace them with their own people, their plan to eliminate Social Security and Medicare, all show a desire to be the next Somalia. It would save a lot of time if they moved there now.

billsreef

Anarchist
Miami
Get this. Wray followed FBI policy. I was wrong. The FBI policy is to do the investigation and turn the results over to the requesting entity. Makes sense right...until the requesting entity is corrupt.
My understanding is that the FBI did not investigate anything, but simpy sent any "tips" to the Whitehouse.

Navig8tor

Super Anarchist
Remember draining the swamp, seems like a certain someone relocated some of those not so native swamp dwelling boa constrictors to quietly crush anything that might upset the ecological balance in DC.

Sol Rosenberg

Girthy Member
Earth
Something forced his hand, for sure. The proximity to the Alex Jones text release is probably not coincidental.
Nah. I thought he should be canned for not properly investigating Justice Kegstand, but it turns out he followed policy. Going to a judge with probable cause that there was evidence of a crime at MAL shows that the FBI director Trump appointed isn’t a flunky. That takes balls because it will initiate a shitstorm.

Ishmael

Yes, we have no bananas
Fuctifino
Nah. I thought he should be canned for not properly investigating Justice Kegstand, but it turns out he followed policy. Going to a judge with probable cause that there was evidence of a crime at MAL shows that the FBI director Trump appointed isn’t a flunky. That takes balls because it will initiate a shitstorm.

I expect everything is going to come out in the fullness of time. Maybe even before I shuffle off.

Sol Rosenberg

Girthy Member
Earth
I expect everything is going to come out in the fullness of time. Maybe even before I shuffle off.
Wray seems to be a by-the-book guy. When I heard that the FBI turned their Kegger investigation over to the WH I was incensed, but it turns out that was by the (fucked up) book. He was not one of the election lie bullshitters. Today was a good day. We know without a doubt that Trump is under investigation for a federal crime.

Steam Flyer

Sophisticated Yet Humble
Eastern NC
Has Donnie accused Wray of being a RINO yet? Asking for a friend.

I feel pretty sure that Trump chewed out Wray, calling him childish names in that endearing way Trump has. You know, showing strong leadership by belittling those around you.

One would have to be a true-born toady to continue to suck up to a flaming asshole like Trump, who shits on everyone around him and thinks that is the hallmark of success. It's amazing to me that he's not getting backstabbed by hundreds of former minions. Maybe his superpower is to be able to pick out corruptible people, and spineless abuse-seeking lackeys.

Mark_K

Super Anarchist
Wray seems to be a by-the-book guy. When I heard that the FBI turned their Kegger investigation over to the WH I was incensed, but it turns out that was by the (fucked up) book. He was not one of the election lie bullshitters. Today was a good day. We know without a doubt that Trump is under investigation for a federal crime.
I suspect Wray viewed Keg Gate in much the same way that the cop played by Denis Leary viewed the issue of the movie Thomas Crown Affair. Up to his ass in real crime he felt reluctant to spend resources on a character investigation of something a judge might have done decades ago. There was almost no chance whatsoever of getting an indictment with witnesses from that era who didn't even call the cops back then.