First Effective Treatment Imminent

Ease the sheet.

ignoring stupid people is easy
That’s a very low threshold. 

Again I’m not saying this won’t end up being effective- but clinical trials are funny things in that neither the care providers or the trial managers have any knowledge of its efficacy and the double blind process virtually ensures that “promising leaks” come from non clinical people. 

so... who leaks this shit before it is commercially viable? Finance types. 
Their share price movements have been interesting.......

dachopper

Super Anarchist
More evidence out there of a classic Pump & Dump than evidence of treatment efficacy. And this little quote:

"...a bet on [MESOBLAST] is a bet against Moderna (MRNA). Which makes it a bet against Bill Gates, the US Military, Merck and host of other big names."

However, why Pump it on SA? Why indeed @dachopper?
Yeah, shorters love this stock. Just like they loved Tesla and well.. look at it now.

The trial is taking place in 30 US hospitals, so if the results are good then ' the cat will be well and truly out of the bag'

I thought this thread was about COVID related stuff - what could be more relevant to talk about than an effective treatment option.

So far there has been about 30 people in total that I know about treated with this or very similar treatments.

In China - 8 who all recovered.

In Israel 10 - ( 7 who recieved the treatment recovered, 3 who did not died )

In USA 12 - ( 10 recovered out of 12 )

Yep it hasn't passed the final test... yet. 

If I  find myself attached to a mechanical ventilator on deaths' door, at least I know I would have a very good chance statistically with this treatment VS the current best practice - and that is an undeniable fact until the phase 3 test completes.

Fiji Bitter

I love Fiji Bitter
In the wild.
Let's just hope that they will be successful, and that it will save a lot of lives.

As long a they keep the price reasonable, I don't mind if some people make a lot of money.

If it's not successful, that would be a pity, but I don't mind if some greedy people then lose a lot of money.

El Borracho

Sam’s friend
Pacific Rim
Well..... They think they are onto something, they have just raised 100 million for Covid 19 treatment manufacturing......
I should admit know noting about biotech or drug trials or Mesoblast. So I have nothing to say about their developments or management. I would certainly hope the best for the company and the treatment. However companies are rarely in control of their stock prices. I do know quite a lot about stock market shenanigans. This one has many indications of foul play by greedy stockmarket players with zero interest in helping sick people. I also cannot know whether @dachopperis helping with a Pump & Dump.

My advice? If you are a SA or PA denizen you have no business playing with famously erratic biotech startup stocks.

Wright Way

You should have got in when I told you about it 3 weeks ago, its the only trial I've found anywhere that has results worth getting excited about, and i mean very excited about.

Ease the sheet.

I should admit know noting about biotech or drug trials or Mesoblast. So I have nothing to say about their developments or management. I would certainly hope the best for the company and the treatment. However companies are rarely in control of their stock prices. I do know quite a lot about stock market shenanigans. This one has many indications of foul play by greedy stockmarket players with zero interest in helping sick people. I also cannot know whether @dachopperis helping with a Pump & Dump.

My advice? If you are a SA or PA denizen you have no business playing with famously erratic biotech startup stocks.
You've just got to be on the right side of the pump and dump.

This time.....

dachopper

Super Anarchist
I couldn't care less what people spend their cash on, or if the think there are traders pumpin or dumping a share.... 

You can't stop traders trying to short stocks, they do it every day, every stock, all over the  world....  Hell if I knew how to do it and make money I would for sure.

But they generally talk stocks down not up.

No-body knew about the trading halt until it happened -as it turns out they are gearing up to mass manufacture for Covid treatment.

I highly doubt a company would do that, unless they were confident with the proof that they had, that it is going to work.

There are other therapies for sure and I hope that others work better than this one.... but this one in my opinion is the motherload.

They have cells that actively find any type of inflammation, and these cells then activate tissue repair, and control the white blood cells, which release the antibodies to kill the virus....

Viruses mutate - which cause antibodies to have to change,  That does not effect what these cells do, it's not the 1 trick pony that custom made drugs are. 

they will come out of trading halt tomorrow - and then you will know exactly why they went in.

Left Shift

Super Anarchist
Seattle
Near illiteracy is always a  characteristic of a reliable stock tip source.  I'm cashing in my IRA and going full in on this wonderful opportunity.

Ease the sheet.

Near illiteracy is always a  characteristic of a reliable stock tip source.  I'm cashing in my IRA and going full in on this wonderful opportunity.
Don't be silly. Bridges are the next big thing. I've got my eye on a few that will still be around after every one is dead from this virus fad!

jack_sparrow

Super Anarchist
No-body knew about the trading  halt until it happened -as it turns out they are gearing up to mass manufacture for Covid treatment.

I highly doubt a company would do that, unless they were confident with the proof that they had, that it is going to work.
Actually there is a financial algorithm to the words; "trading halt," "confident," "gearing up" and "going to work" when all used together.

So we have a company with manager/promoter largest shareholder that even by biotech standards has continued to disappoint for over a decade by constantly pissing money up against the wall and every 5 minutes asking shareholders for more...and now a humble $100m in the begging bowl please we nearly have this virus beat. 

So they then have a self imposed trading halt yesterday for the purposes of making an announcement.. but also say if they don't announce anything... then it will business as fucking usual at opening of the market tomorrow morning.

The algorithm interpretates of that is ..."if we don't get a financial lifeline by the morning we are trading while insolvent which the choice is announce that we are fucked and it's Admin time OR say nothing which is jail time, lots of anal sex and teeth cleaning time." 

I would say if you are in and haven't managed to get out of this train smash by now your probably fucked....but not up arse literally unlike some.

Last edited by a moderator:

dachopper

Super Anarchist
Actually there is a financial algorithm to the words; "trading halt," "confident," "gearing up" and "going to work" when all used together.

So we have a company with manager/promoter largest shareholder that even by biotech standards has continued to disappoint for over a decade by constantly pissing money up against the wall and every 5 minutes asking shareholders for more...and now a humble $100m in the begging bowl please we nearly have this virus beat. 

So they then have a self imposed trading halt yesterday for the purposes of making an announcement.. but also say if they don't announce anything... then it will business as fucking usual at opening of the market tomorrow morning.

The algorithm interpretates of that is ..."if we don't get a financial lifeline by the morning we are trading while insolvent which the choice is announce that we are fucked and it's Admin time OR say nothing which is jail time, lots of anal sex and teeth cleaning time." 

I would say if you are in and haven't managed to get out of this train smash by now your probably fucked....but not up arse literally unlike some.
Jack,my post was about how 83% of patients that recieved this treatment are alive when around 90% statistically should have died.

The 12 treatments were not done by the company, they were compassionate use requests from doctors. The company was not paid anything for it.

It's not really about buying shares, shorting the stock or what people think about the company or CEO or finances.

They appear to have a treatment that is extremely safe, has been tested extensively , and so far exhibits extreme efficacy. This can be the way out of Covid - 19 whether you like the company or not.

We only have to wait about another 4 weeks, and fingers crossed it will prove again, what it allready has.

Miffy

Super Anarchist
There’s definitely some financial shenanigans going on. Why?

Compassionate use and drug trials don’t happen because of public knowledge. Your medical team in the ICU has to have access because their institution has access either from prior relationship or the limited volume experimental treatment is suddenly being pushed out as an option. 

leaking it and pumping it up before there’s actual results? Shenanigans. 

like I said in the first post - I hope it works out, I hope the clinical trials are high powered and show significance. 

but the desire to inflate it looks extremely bad. I’m seeing no clinical notes, no FDA approvals, design studies - just “internet rumor” numbers being randomly disseminated. 

dachopper

Super Anarchist
Not really. 

Hospitals know about the drug because it is in the process of being approved to treat something else.

It wasn't a trial - compassionate use and nothing is leaked.... these were actual results that were passed on to everyone.

d'ranger

Super Anarchist
My only concern is the use of the word imminent.  Why you might ask? Well, it's better to under promise and over deliver for a number of reasons that aren't worth the time to explain.