Fishing 2016

TPG

Super Anarchist
How's it going?

Anyone catch anything interesting?

Any new targets?

Anyone else shooting things with pointy spears in the water?

We did ok on Tautog last week.

o5BrZCdl.jpg

Rasputin22

Rasputin22
We are about halfway through our short but sweet Red Snapper fishing season here in our little 'Fishing Village with a Drinking Problem' of Orange Beach on the Redneck Riviera. Proudly proclaimed as the Red Snapper Capitol of the World, this is a big part of our local economy.

homeimg.jpg

Bubbas and Babes doing their thang.

ZWedding+0241383849555.jpg

fadghdfhsdfhdsfg.png

Here is our mayor doing his part

red_snapper_2.jpg

How's it going?

Anyone catch anything interesting?

Any new targets?

Anyone else shooting things with pointy spears in the water?

We did ok on Tautog last week.

o5BrZCdl.jpg
That's a nice pile of fish. We throw 1/2 gal.,gal. and quarts of water in the freezer to be used in the fish box cooler like that one when we are fishing.

Last edited by a moderator:
We are about halfway through our short but sweet Red Snapper fishing season here in our little 'Fishing Village with a Drinking Problem' of Orange Beach on the Redneck Riviera. Proudly proclaimed as the Red Snapper Capitol of the World, this is a big part of our local economy.

homeimg.jpg

Bubbas and Babes doing their thang.

ZWedding+0241383849555.jpg

fadghdfhsdfhdsfg.png

Here is our mayor doing his part

red_snapper_2.jpg
I'm going there in November as I'm competing in the World Food Championship. The place looks nicer than I had envisioned. I hope I see some of those lovelies (women, not fish)... I'll be looking for some recommendations closer to the time.

Rasputin22

Rasputin22
Cheffie,

I joke about it being the Redneck RIviera but this little stretch of sugar sand between Mobile Bay and the Florida state line is pretty sweet.

Here is my dock and fleet on the bayou just a half mile from the inlet to the Gulf.

k1JsZfl.png

The WFC is quite an event for this little backwater! Glad to hear you are coming. Stay in touch and I'll help get you oriented. Orange Beach was a big secret until the BP oil spill and as we were right at Ground Zero for the spill, Mayor Kennon (seen above) did a great job with the TV coverage and got us on the map. Very little oil came ashore considering and you see no signs of it today. Certainly didn't hurt the snapper population but the season has been cut very short. Lots of fisherman complain that when fishing for Pompano during the snapper off season the reds make it almost impossible to catch the pompano.

Check this record Cubera Snapper!

15376930-mmmain.jpg

Dorado

Super Anarchist
I'm sitting in a campsite on the shore of Crane Prairie Reservoir in central Oregon as we speak. Catching good rainbows on the fly rod for the last 2 days with 2 more days to go.

Fishing out of a kayak.

Dorado

Super Anarchist
Guy

I don't know how to post phone pics into GA.

I'm using size 16 chironomid pupa (olive with white bead) under an indicator in 10 ft of water. Getting fish from 15-22 inches. These are hot fish too, lots of air time. This lake is worth the 500 mile drive.

Dilligaf0220

Super Anarchist
Not The Caribbean
Does anyone besides me seriously fish off a blowboat?

I'm serious about my fishing, but now that I'm an old semi-retired member of the "Not Quite Old Enough To Be A Grumpy Old Man" club...I enjoy my human powered fishing out of canoes or kayaks, when the whole experience is better than limiting out.

My fav is still waking up in a tent somewhere in Canada 50 miles from paved roads.

austin1972

Super Anarchist
Steelhead (Skamania) are hitting on Lake MI like crazy right now.

They're fun to catch. Can be pretty rough on your gear.

austin1972

Super Anarchist
I'm going there in November as I'm competing in the World Food Championship. The place looks nicer than I had envisioned. I hope I see some of those lovelies (women, not fish)... I'll be looking for some recommendations closer to the time.
Wow, that's awesome! Got a recipe? :)

Wow, that's awesome! Got a recipe? :)
Recipe? Lots..... We are competing in ribs, chicken, pork and brisket as we normally compete in KCBS contests (Kansas City BBQ Society). IIRC you raise beef. Grass fed? We import Creekstone Farms briskets here in France as the French don't 'do' brisket.

On the fishing angle of this thread, I'm waiting for sea urchin season so I can go out and pick some up from the bottom.

austin1972

Super Anarchist

Latest posts