fj parts needed

Wemedge

Detroit
i got an old fj and i need some parts for it. i havent been able find many parts on line.
You can find the classic SA welcome quite amusing.

What parts do you need some descriptions would be helpfull.
first id like to thank you for the welcome. i need spreaders and shrouds/forstay and i am looking in to spinnaker rigging but the chute can wait. ;)

U20guy2

Super Anarchist
i got an old fj and i need some parts for it. i havent been able find many parts on line.

first id like to thank you for the welcome. i need spreaders and shrouds/forstay and i am looking in to spinnaker rigging but the chute can wait. ;)
First off why in the hell would you ever rebuild an FJ? And you do know that FJ's don't have kites for a reason right?

You can probably get all the parts you need from Vanguard given the FJ hull and rig hasn't changed in ohh geeze since it hit the water pretty much.

The FJ you have isn't the one with the seats down in side the hull is it? Then your talking really old!

My sailing team called them 55gallon drum POS for a reason. HA HA...

socalsailor38

Anarchist
So Cal

First off why in the hell would you ever rebuild an FJ? And you do know that FJ's don't have kites for a reason right?

You can probably get all the parts you need from Vanguard given the FJ hull and rig hasn't changed in ohh geeze since it hit the water pretty much.

The FJ you have isn't the one with the seats down in side the hull is it? Then your talking really old!

My sailing team called them 55gallon drum POS for a reason. HA HA...
Agreed, FJ's suck, the only reason why anyone should every consider rebuilding one is if your school's sailing team required your own boat. There are a few small additions to the boat which makes it a wee bit easier. I would look at APS

Spreaders are hard to find at a good price I ended up making a custom set for my FD mast. Selden spars make them but there not cheap, try the second hand market first or if performance isn't a big thing alloy flat bar will work

Wemedge

Detroit
thanks for the help i found some on a site but as you said expensive i think i will try the second hand market next thanks again