Florida Man - Rimas has competition

yes, yes - we need some good entertainment here again!  Heading offshore in an oversized hamster wheel - I love it.  He did do a good job with the floatation, and for mooring up probably having some extra fenders super handy (and plenty of them) is helpful?  Saves that USCG tow into the marina?

Last edited by a moderator:
A couple of triple lattes while ashore, and we can load him up with some Idaho spuds and he should be good to go?
Oh - and a GPS tracker.  Not for safety or anything, for entertainment purposes only, right?

Now I am actually curious about exactly what kind of 'fund raiser' he is sailing for :)
Whoops - already answered my own question on above, and somehow I am not surprised.  Maybe he is the 'anti-Rimas' what with wanting to raise money for the Coast Guard instead of incurring and liability for the entire seafaring community?  Meanwhile I think Rimas still has a better plan, what with the upcoming marketing campaign for the Idaho spuds.  "Idaho potatoes, now with sea salt!"

"My goal is to not only raise money for homeless people, raise money for the Coast Guard, raise money for the police department, raise money for the fire department," Baluchi told the station. "They are in public service, they do it for safety and they help other people."

toddster

Super Anarchist
The Gorge
attempting to run in his floating "bubble" vessel from Florida to Bermuda, or travel north up the coast, 

... navigational precision. Check

Baluchi has been rescued several times in previous years after setting off inside hydro bubbles, the station reported.

... piloting skills.  Check.

KC375

Super Anarchist
Northern Hemisphere
"My goal is to not only raise money for homeless people, raise money for the Coast Guard, raise money for the police department, raise money for the fire department,"

...there is always the option of getting a job if you want to raise money...