Flying Tiger

kh3sd

San Diego
attachicon.gif
birth.jpg

There was a birth just 2 weeks ago in SD. Hull 118 and we would be happy to build one for you.
Saw the 118 sails up on a boat with red stripes in the NYD race. Guessing that was ACPs hull with the new boats gear? Was just curious to see the new boat go and wasn't sure what the story was. Hope to see you fellas out this Saturday again. Happy New Year and congrats on the new boat.
I'm pretty sure those numbers and stripes were supposed to be changed to blue...
You'll know when you see the new boat... That was hull 81 with the 118 sails/crew

Horse Hockey

San Diego
attachicon.gif
birth.jpg

There was a birth just 2 weeks ago in SD. Hull 118 and we would be happy to build one for you.
Saw the 118 sails up on a boat with red stripes in the NYD race. Guessing that was ACPs hull with the new boats gear? Was just curious to see the new boat go and wasn't sure what the story was. Hope to see you fellas out this Saturday again. Happy New Year and congrats on the new boat.
I'm pretty sure those numbers and stripes were supposed to be changed to blue...
You'll know when you see the new boat... That was hull 81 with the 118 sails/crew
Thats what we figured. Looking forward to seeing it out there. Sounds like there are going to be a fair number of sportys in SD this year. Its about time (easy for me to say after buying that floating bar).. Congrats.

waffler

Does anybody know the manufacture of the mast, boom and spin pole for F10?

Last edited by a moderator:

StayinStrewn

Super Anarchist
Stratford, CT
nope, just don't hit anything!! seriously, there are 3 between Southport and Black Rock on the CT side...where would your boat be? LIS has plenty of boats that draw more than 7' just stay behind a J44!!

dvx

Westbrook area- I thought my old J35 drew a bit at 7ft for the area. Is there any way the keel can be raised a bit while in the slip? or under power in a shallow area?

Westbrook area- I thought my old J35 drew a bit at 7ft for the area.

Is there any way the keel can be raised a bit while in the slip? or under power in a shallow area?
Keel can be raised all the way up with A frame and chain hoist as long as the keel chord is blocked inside the keel box.

For those owners who were not foolish enough to unnecessarily spend ~$5K on a fancy-shmancy C/F replacement rudder, the OEM rudder can be raised and shimmed at desired height in the cassette.

Lifting keel and rudder were one of the key design briefs along with limited sail replacement purchase that was negated by those owners who always try to buy their "fair advantage", never mind how much such deviations adversely affect the OD fleet.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dubois

Anarchist
Sydney
Regarding the 'fancy shmancy C/F replacement rudder... Interesting. Much as us poor Tiger owners yearned to relieve the arse of 50+lbs of bog, we've not been able to determine an advantage when racing against our richer Tiger brethren who did. Best (most often quoted) comment we've heard is the C/F jobbie holds on better down wind (preventing a lay down). Of course, sailing properly also achieves this. And yes, we have a wee wooden wedge that allows the rudder to be raised in the cassette, to reduce drag downhill on light days...

dvx

Raising up the keel would be important in my area. There is a lot of shoaling in and around the Westbrook area, dredging seems to be a problem. August tides I'd be sitting in the mud. It seems that some of the boats have different methods of being able to conveniently raising the keel while motoring.

How do you feel the rating is for LIS? I'm told that its fairly aggressive for the area.

Raising up the keel would be important in my area. There is a lot of shoaling in and around the Westbrook area, dredging seems to be a problem. August tides I'd be sitting in the mud. It seems that some of the boats have different methods of being able to conveniently raising the keel while motoring.

How do you feel the rating is for LIS? I'm told that its fairly aggressive for the area.
The Tiger for sale in MI has a set up to raise the keel 2 ft or so to get in and out of his slip. In SA classifieds.

Latest posts