FOOD!!!

Grabbler

Grabbler
And to celebrate "The Cure" making it into the RRHOF...venison sopprassetta, venison bresaola, and a standard capicola...

20190118_204413.jpg

20190213_203641.jpg

El Borracho

Sam’s friend
Pacific Rim
Yes, Son of a Sailor, I made that exact Carbonara dish a few days ago. It is perfect. More true italian flavor without the cream. There was plenty of heat in the pasta and water to cook the eggs. No need to allow the pasta to drain...or worse do the stupid rinse thing...just a quick pass thru the colander and straight into the bowl with the other hot items. Does need a shocking amount of salt in the water.

Willin'

Super Anarchist
The Burg, Maine
We enter the Toboggan Nationals every February. At first it was just me, my mate Charley and my wife. and Charley, who fancies himself a gourmet cook and tailgate master would prepare a sumptuous repast in the parking lot. He excelled at sausages and marinaded tri tips. One year he broke down in tears after the wind blew over the table spilling the huge pot of Maryland Crab Soup made with fresh crabs he'd had shipped up from  Chessy.

Eventually the crew grew with friends, wives and kids attending and two years back we met up with a team of Geezers who were alum and instructors from Charley's Maryland high school who joined the tailgate. That was the first year my wife made a pot of OTH's Turkey Gumbo for the party. 

Last weekend Charley was crushed when the Geezers all walked right past his grill looking to fill up on Cheryl's gumbo. They'd been talking about it all summer. One meal made them certified Gumbologists. 

Thanks, OTH. Cheryl is now a Gumbo rock star.

Grabbler

Grabbler
Do you emulsify the hot dogs or just a couple times through a fine? Recipe?
Yeah I go the full emulsification route... I do it in batches and keep it in the freezer as I go...basically the Ruhlman and Polcyn "Charcuterie" recipe that I've tweaked with venison and pork fat...lotta work for hotdogs for sure, but at least you know what's in them...same with the venison/shrimp boudin...note the extra bag for boudin balls...

20190210_190610.jpg

20190121_211105(1).jpg

Mrleft8

Super Anarchist
Suwanee River
Yeah I go the full emulsification route... I do it in batches and keep it in the freezer as I go...basically the Ruhlman and Polcyn "Charcuterie" recipe that I've tweaked with venison and pork fat...lotta work for hotdogs for sure, but at least you know what's in them...same with the venison/shrimp boudin...note the extra bag for boudin balls...

View attachment 299341

View attachment 299342
What're you using for casing? Sheep intestine? It doesn't look like pork......

Mrleft8

Super Anarchist
Suwanee River
I really like American Mission style furniture.  Well done.  Those look superb.
Not exactly "Mission style".... More "Arts and Crafts" style.... Or "Craftsman" style.

But yes, those are very nicely built chairs, that go nicely with the table, and the cat.

Dorado

Super Anarchist
Gee thanks fellers. They took a staggering amount of time to build. 48 m&t joints per chair. Won't be doing that again. I can't imagine what that grade of white oak must go for these days. 

On The Hard

Super Anarchist
San Antonio
We enter the Toboggan Nationals every February. At first it was just me, my mate Charley and my wife. and Charley, who fancies himself a gourmet cook and tailgate master would prepare a sumptuous repast in the parking lot. He excelled at sausages and marinaded tri tips. One year he broke down in tears after the wind blew over the table spilling the huge pot of Maryland Crab Soup made with fresh crabs he'd had shipped up from  Chessy.

Eventually the crew grew with friends, wives and kids attending and two years back we met up with a team of Geezers who were alum and instructors from Charley's Maryland high school who joined the tailgate. That was the first year my wife made a pot of OTH's Turkey Gumbo for the party. 

Last weekend Charley was crushed when the Geezers all walked right past his grill looking to fill up on Cheryl's gumbo. They'd been talking about it all summer. One meal made them certified Gumbologists. 

Thanks, OTH. Cheryl is now a Gumbo rock star.
We should get together! the only thing in our way is.....several thousand miles...  :-(