FOOD!!!

Snaggletooth

SA's Morrelle Compasse
Broilled swordefish steakes finnished with cillantro lime sauece, mashte potatoes, and steamed stringe beanes.........                  :)

Mrleft8

Super Anarchist
Suwanee River
Pork Schnitzel mit fried seasoned red potatoes, and a spring salad  with sliced apples.

The Schnitzel is actually pork, not veal, so I add the apples to the salad to complement.

If you go to The Schnitzel Haus, on the esplanade in the port of St Georges, Grenada, near Hughes street, be aware that your " Wiener Schnitzel" will NOT be veal.

cyclone

Super Anarchist
Maine
Moussaka tonight

FB951346-21DF-4345-A356-E08A7B53F09F.jpeg

Snaggletooth

SA's Morrelle Compasse
Homemaide fish cackes werre a hitte.  Nexte nite sauteed scallopes overt orzo w/buttere & babey broccoli.  Laste nite creame of spinnache soupe, ist beene a fun weeke.                :)

Willin'

Super Anarchist
The Burg, Maine
For the snackers out there I feel an obligation to report that Sam's Club has 1 1/2 lb. tubs of dry roasted, sea salted macadamia nut halfs for sale now for about $17.

0019396818726_A

Granted, they're not quite up there with the Mauna Loa 6 oz. jar ($17) of dry roasted   wholes, but I've found at this price I can slam them into my maw by the fistful and not rue the cost nor regret the extravagance.

03453b26-8310-4db2-9ec7-397936cb5de0.33fc2052c7fffcb6b36186352d5a7b45.jpeg

This was a PSA.

Last edited by a moderator:

P_Wop

Super Anarchist
Bay Area, CA
I just made myself a fine little brunch, a Dutch uitsmijter.  First one for 42 years since running Formidable in Breskens.

Really simple - a slice of buttered bread, a couple of slices of ham (browned in a pan if you like), a couple of slices of cheese, and a fried egg on top.  S & P and away you go.

uitsmijter.jpg

130lights

Super Anarchist
Lake Michigan
I just made myself a fine little brunch, a Dutch uitsmijter.  First one for 42 years since running Formidable in Breskens.

Really simple - a slice of buttered bread, a couple of slices of ham (browned in a pan if you like), a couple of slices of cheese, and a fried egg on top.  S & P and away you go.

Ok, I may be the only person who doesn’t know Uitsmijter, thinking it looked like an egg sandwich…yum.

So I looked it up: Pronounced “out-smiter,” uitsmijter translates to “bouncer,” and refers to the large man who has the power to toss you out of the club for your excesses. Essentially an open-faced sandwich of ham and fried eggs, uitsmijter is the kind of thing we all need on occasion. As breakfast it is restorative, but it is a dish at its best when you cook it up after returning home from the bar, before you crumple into bed. It’s scalable, so if you’re feeding an additional drunk person (or drunk people), you can simply multiply the recipe .

Had to chuckle that it’s good for drunks  :rolleyes: .

Your version looks awesome.

P_Wop

Super Anarchist
Bay Area, CA
^^^ The uitsmijter is indeed an excellent dish for late nights after getting kicked out of the club.  So simple that even a drunk or a Dutchman (or even a drunk Dutchman) can make them.  It lines the stomach in anticipation of the inevitable harsh words (and Dutch harsh words really are) from "her upstairs" in the morning.

Latest posts