For Whom the Bell Tolls

luminary

Anarchist
Id' have thought the east coasters would have already started a thread on todays judical events - almost 11:00 am there now - what news?

Stingray

Super Anarchist
PNW
Id' have thought the east coasters would have already started a thread on todays judical events - almost 11:00 am there now - what news?
It is scheduled for 14:00 EST. So another 3 hours or so. I expect there will be statements from both sides following, press releases posted, wire stories published. Am hoping the Order gets ruled on today, and also that TV/NZ be present again to film the developments and reactions.

diverg

Super Anarchist
Houston, Tx
Well being that the hearing isn't till 2:00 PM local time, I don't think there well be much to report at this time.

Last edited by a moderator:

luminary

Anarchist
It is scheduled for 14:00 EST. So another 3 hours or so. I expect there will be statements from both sides following, press releases posted, wire stories published. Am hoping the Order gets ruled on today, and also that TV/NZ be present again to film the developments and reactions.

Oh, my memory must be muddled, I thought Clean was well into the martinis by this time at earlier events. Just have to be patient... tap tap tap

Stingray

Super Anarchist
PNW
Oh, my memory must be muddled, I thought Clean was well into the martinis by this time at earlier events. Just have to be patient... tap tap tap
Clean is having one hell of a good time at KWRW. Assuming he survived he SA party last night!

j24vt

Super Anarchist
Vermont
Just sent a PM to the SA Press Boat in Key West that it might be interesting to be near Alinghi around 2:15 for reaction shots...

j24vt

Super Anarchist
Vermont
I'm not predicting what the reaction will be, just that there will probably be one because I think Justice Cahn is going to settle things today.

marian

Super Anarchist
I'm not predicting what the reaction will be, just that there will probably be one because I think Justice Cahn is going to settle things today.
Sure, I just meant that he seems to be taking longer to decide than most people expected!

j24vt

Super Anarchist
Vermont
From Clean via the KW thread (2:38pm EST):

I'm sure someone will post this to an AC thread, but I'll announce what I can that is going on at the courtroom...

AC UPDATE sponsored by Charleston Race Week

Schnackenburg is not there.

Ostrager is arguing that the ISAF rules (Keelboat) apply and make the GGYC challenge invalid. Tried to introduce a letter from ISAF into the argument, Judge cuts him off.

GGYC up next.

Last edited by a moderator:

pwesthagen

Seattle
Conflicting reports:

Ostrager is arguing that the ISAF rules (Keelboat) apply and make the GGYC challenge invalid. Tried to introduce a letter from ISAF into the argument, Judge cuts him off.

In a letter submitted to the court, the International Sailing Federation confirmed that a keelyacht cannot be a multihull, supporting SNG’s consistent position that the GGYC challenge is invalid.

RHough

Super Anarchist
Victory!

Victory?

Render decision Monday!?!

DoG Match to start October 29th? October 30th layday? October 31st second race?

Can't race in November so 10 months from Monday is NFG for GGYC?

Does SNG have grounds to appeal if the order calls for the match in less than 10 months?

Will the lawyers get rich enough to fund their own AC Challenge?

Will Alinghi's buddies Origin ride in to save the day?

Gotta love the next 5 days of shitfighting ...

RHough

Super Anarchist
Conflicting reports:
Nope, submitted does not equal accepted.

Alinghi can back a truck up and dump all the submissions they want, does not mean that the court will read them.

Remember the Alinghi/BYM spin that the 'Court accepted SNG's renew/reargue motion' when all that really happened was that it was entered on the calendar?

Smoke and Mirrors from SNG

GGYC is up next ...

Spin doctors all.