Free COVID test site is up and running

accnick

Super Anarchist

Monkey

Super Anarchist
Just from personal experience, these RAT’s have already false flagged me twice. They seem to be pretty good at giving the all clear, but not so much the other way around.  This will be interesting to see how much worse the “sorry, can’t come to work” effect is. I’m all for the idea, but it has a few flaws. 

NeedAClew

Super Anarchist
USA
I put our order in too. At least maybe we will get mail the day the test kits come. We get pickup or delivery 2 days a week no fixed days. 

d'ranger

Super Anarchist
So yesterday I thought (something I try to do daily....) uh, why not send out N95s and then most won't need the tests?  Somebody was listening since 400m to be sent out starting next week.  Other thought was if the US had been prepared and doing this 2 years ago we wouldn't be where we are now. Oh well, if only those pandemic plans hadn't been ignored and tossed.

shaggy

Super Anarchist
Co
So do you have to verify your address??  We are heading south for a bit, should I wait to order or just give them the new address??  

d'ranger

Super Anarchist
So do you have to verify your address??  We are heading south for a bit, should I wait to order or just give them the new address??  
The smarter person in my household ordered this morning and she thought it would allow an address and a shipping address. This was at her companies urging, said it was quick and easy.  One order is for 4 tests.  Hopefully we can share those with friends and neighbors. 

Monkey

Super Anarchist
The smarter person in my household ordered this morning and she thought it would allow an address and a shipping address. This was at her companies urging, said it was quick and easy.  One order is for 4 tests.  Hopefully we can share those with friends and neighbors. 
Why not just have them order their own?  Or if they’re elderly or just no good with the internet, order tests for them. 

Not My Real Name

Not Actually Me
4 per postal address not name.
Not eligible if you use a registered mail agent to handle your mail like we do, only for street addresses which are flagged as residential.

"That address is considered to be a business."

image.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Raz'r

Super Anarchist
De Nile
Probably would have been cheaper to just deliver 4 to every address. Maybe have an "opt out" website.

d'ranger

Super Anarchist
Why not just have them order their own?  Or if they’re elderly or just no good with the internet, order tests for them. 
And if we don't need them just store them like DeSantis? It's just caring and sharing. Since we can't predict the future and all.