Free infomercials?

Rumbulls

Super Anarchist
Boyne City

“Sponsors of even the most embarrassing, inane and fraudulent infomercials have to pay for their own air time. They can’t force TV stations to run their ads for free by threatening to shut them down.

“Through the Federal Communications Commission and other government coercion, Democratic and Republican politicians run their shameless infomercials on prime time TV free of charge. Tonight’s infomercial hand-outs were the State of the Union address and the ‘opposition’ response.

“But wait, there’s more!

“Unlike Ginsu knives, hair spray for men, and ripped abs in 30 days, the Republican and Democratic infomercials have no redeeming social value."

LINKY

Gotta love the Libertarian party!

d'ranger

Super Anarchist
This thread will get as much attention as true campaign finance reform. Facts of life.

Pertinacious Tom

Importunate Member
Punta Gorda FL
This thread will get as much attention as true campaign finance reform. Facts of life.
I tend to agree. People just want to ignore legitimate questions.

Every time I bring up the fact that the Supreme Court first recognized corporate first amendment rights in 1963, the conversation suddenly stops. I think the NAACP vs Button case shows why corporate free speech has historically been important and must be protected. If we can't agree on what the rules are and have been for a long time, it's going to be hard to have a conversation about the rules, don't you think?

Latest posts