IMG_1507.jpg

IMG_1519.jpg

IMG_1525.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

plaanaa

Anarchist
Finland
Eurosailor said:
please change that ugly thing on the bow.

everything else is simply beautiful. great looking boat! i would love to see them here in europe!
One heading this way but need a few more folks to show interest so we can increase the pressure on B,B&B for RCD CE approval. Are you a potential depositor?
Is there ideas about the CE with this boat...? Has someone considered the process already.....?

Editor

Administrator
Staff member
carlsbad
I'm still reeling - isn't it amazing after all the seemingly endless discussion about this boat, to now see this thing a reality? And what a nice reality it appears to be. How very cool. I can't help just staring at profile pics! Man this thing is going to be fun....

bjmoose

Super Anarchist
The pics of Hull #1 are very cool. Lots of justified "oohs and ahhs" there.

One additional very cool thing that no one's mentioned are the occassional shots of follow on hulls not so far behind in the process, e.g. Hull #3 getting its deck put on.

It shows this will be a large scale effort, ramping up to a production capacity that can crank out a lot of boats.

MOBETTER

Milt,

The winches have been non ST's for a long time.... debated but BenS hardware list showed ST for cockpit winches only.

Mo

Bob Perry

Super Anarchist
Pug:

I do not know. The pulpit built is not the pulpit we drew and I don't know where we will go on this detail from here. Given the nature of the project I would suspect that with all the bitching that has been posted already on the pulpit that you might see a change in that detail. We drew a "U" center pulpit that would work to cradle the mast. For now, let me remind you gently once again: just consider details innocent until proven guilty. The people behind these decisions and changes have a lot of sea miles on the race course behind them and do not change design details arbitrarily.

Seeing that keel in place makes me feel good. I think I'll go back and stare at that pic for awhile.

miltwempley

Super Anarchist
Milt,
The winches have been non ST's for a long time.... debated but BenS hardware list showed ST for cockpit winches only.

Mo
Looks to me like all the winches are non-ST. Which is fine by me, I like to be able to get the sheet off the drum faster in tacks than a ST allows. The ST would be nicer short handed and on the booze cruise, though.

zanderjf

I think there was discussion about allowing the owners upgrade to ST's. I think that that is a reasonable one as long as they dont change winch size.

Remodel

Super Anarchist
None
CONGRATULATIONS on a great looking boat!

Damn, I want one!

Now, where did I put that extra 50 grand...

Really awesome project!

30Man

Super Anarchist
Los Angeles
Damn Bob, you sure drew a beautiful boat! All you B's and all of SA should be proud. Now get that thing in the water and sailing!

Amalfi

Seattle
I've got 10+ windows open now with all the pics, fantastic!

I do have one fear from looking at the pics, that I'm surprised hasn't been raised yet, so I guess I'll bring it up:

It seems to me the foot rests on the cockpit floor are too far outboard, it barely looks ok with the boat flat, consider 30 degree of heel, and I suspect the driver/main trimmer would have a hard time not falling across. Am I wrong, or does the Dude have size 15 shoes?

Latest posts