From Russia With Love

Jules

Super Anarchist
Punta Gorda
I believe all members of this group are from Russia, except keyboard/vocalist, the guy with the greying beard.  He's from Kyiv.

Jules

Super Anarchist
Punta Gorda
I first heard their rendition of Chicago's Street Player about 3 years ago and loved it.  Serge's vocals were awesome, and Arturo Sandoval?  His horn play says it all. 

Their female vocalist, Ksenia Buzina, not only has great pipes but is also fluent in something like six languages.  They really have a lot of great talent.

They started out doing Chicago covers.  I was a Chicago fan from the start but after their first two albums I lost interest.  The same happened with this band after a while until I heard the above song.  They have spread their wings and do other covers but The Speck of Dust might be their first original. 

Here's how it started for me

arcpix

Earth
Saw them live in Milwaukee on Halloween.   To say that they were great is an understatement. Incredible energy and tremendous musical talent. Can’t wait to see them again. 

2DE32D30-841B-4AC7-ACF2-8B290D74B4B5.jpeg

sledracr

Super Anarchist
PNW, ex-SoCal
I looked on iTunes, didn't find them but found a "Leonid" (appears to be a very different act).

Any places where some of their stuff can be purchased/downloaded?

BayRacer

Anarchist
I looked on iTunes, didn't find them but found a "Leonid" (appears to be a very different act).

Any places where some of their stuff can be purchased/downloaded?
Leonid & Friends | Official Band Website (leonidandfriends.band)  On the their website, they have links to Itunes, but it may just be to specific cuts, not an exhaustive directory.  They have a Facebook page too, but I don't use Facebook.  Not sure if you have to log in to view it or not. 

There are several different links on their Youtube videos if you view on Youtube rather than version embedded here.

The website is http not https.  I was on the site a few weeks ago out of curiosity when one of their videos was posted in one of the "what are you listening to" threads.  My computer has not melted down.........

Mrleft8

Super Anarchist
Suwanee River
I'm sure it's impressive....

Sounds like about a gazillion other Euro-bands to me. At lest the lead female doesn't sound like a German  crow, or Yoko Ono.

d'ranger

Super Anarchist
The group above is technically brilliant - my nitpick is: It's not what you play it's when you play it. The best large group without question (12 piece) is Tedeschi Trucks - white space is important.  Yo Yo is a master of subtlety - I had a CD of just him and Alison Krause.  IMO it's much harder to learn when to play than how to play.  Could be my lack of appreciation for the Euro style?   If you haven't checked out TTB you don't know what you are missing.

d'ranger

Super Anarchist
He was performing in Houston, when coming on stage he fell - we were all standing and clapping - he smile and waved off help so we continued to stand and clap for some time, it seemed like a really long time and when he regained his feet the applause and cheers were loud with Bravo! shouted.  He was very gracious and played his heart out.  One of those times you never forget.  Truly amazing person - there is a PBS doc on him that is very personal and illuminating. He overcame a lot to achieve his greatness.