From the Front Page "Sailing the seven seas of cheese" - Sailing La Vagabonde's New Rapido 60 TRI

LB 15

Cunt
Well there you go....hadn't been to this place for a year or so...thought I'd duck in as a distraction from work to catch up on a few old threads. but no....misogynistic blowhards and overextended egos still rule the waves apparently...It'll be at least another year
See you next year ball sack.

Interesting converation here........

My view on the whole matter is, that nowadays a blog or vlog has become a business model and people get seriously rich out of it. Bless them! And the only reason for that, is that millions are willing to watch this AND even pay some extra money as a Patreon. But, with any business model, you have to sustain this. And this is where I think the  business model of this Aussie couple will start crumbling.

Their initial videos (even I watched a view) were not really a carefully planned business model yet. But, put a helpless, hot chick in a bikini with labrador like eyes on a boat and you get viewers. Put up a lot of videos and the business model starts rolling out. The model is not about sailing, it is about a hot chick in a bikini, also called SEX. And sex sells. So, excellent for all these sad wankers that dream of having a girl like that, or even better, of having a boat and a girl like that and keep watching all episodes and donate, so they (secretly) feel close to the girl, as they donated money. I wonder how many people jumped out of high rise buildings or hung themselves of bridges, when it was anounced the girl was pregnant.

Zoom x years forward and now we see an average, not so sexy woman, who doesn´t seem the slightest interested in sailing anymore, with a kid and pregnant of a second one. Who gives a fuck about that?!?!?! In other words, the initial business model is crumbling fast and will slowly fade completely. Well, that is my prediction.

Last edited by a moderator:

DEAD MONEY

Super Anarchist
If I won a Powerball this would be my #1 Choice!
Fast, Low Draft , easily sailed by couple and large enough to be livable for a few weeks but it is not a Family cruiser, not going to be self sufficient going to need to be relatively close to shore and need to do Laundry, get Food. Sure you could rough it and live offshore for a month but why again if you had the money.

Veeger

Super Anarchist
One year from when they take actual delivery of it until it's 'no longer suitable'. They'll need a crew, they don't have the room. They'll just hang out in places and do very little sailing. Oh, sure, a passage or two... but that will turn out to be too much work. It's not a marina boat and it's not a daysailer and it's not a live aboard. He'll get tired of trying to single hand it while she's got her hands full with 2 kiddos

Zonker

Super Anarchist
Canada
You're pretty right about the interior space. One aft cabin for mom and dad. One cabin forward for the kids. Hired help (good looking nanny) sleeps on the settee?

Actually not that much space for a 60' boat.

1667190393002.png

Zonker

Super Anarchist
Canada
Yes, true enough. But I was surprised by the general lack of berths.

Unless they have some sort of custom arrangement. Fit a q.berth under the cockpit?

Latest posts