Front page screed

'David's analysis of the detail of the history of AC may be a little off in the detail, but he is spot on (IMHO) on the bigger picture. The current AC fiasco is as relevant to 99% of sailors as the J Class was to depression era coal miners.

fastyacht

Super Anarchist
'David's analysis of the detail of the history of AC may be a little off in the detail, but he is spot on (IMHO) on the bigger picture. The current AC fiasco is as relevant to 99% of sailors as the J Class was to depression era coal miners.
well if we take it that way then nothing has changed. Only the interregnum 12 metre period was the People's Cup

NZl60 in a better light, I could walk right up to it!
KZ1 and other pics at the viaduct including the spirit of New Zealand & classics, enjoy!
20220821_182005.jpg

20220821_180833.jpg
20220821_180558.jpg
20220821_180458.jpg
20220821_174046.jpg
20220821_173846.jpg
20220821_173046.jpg

EYESAILOR

Super Anarchist
And Anarchist David is today's equivalent of a depression era coal miner!

Which is ironically apt, because although only a child, AD was alive in the great depression.

EYESAILOR

Super Anarchist
I see. At one point you were asserting with great conviction that AD is Craig Leweck's son. So which is it?
It is only later that I realized it was his Grandfather.

Whatever. AD is without doubt the single worst columnist in the history of sailing media. His facts are inaccurate, his interpretations misconstrued, and his prose is vomit worthy. But above all, he is boring beyond belief.

I dont blame AD. He was never a writer and never meant to be a writer. But the fact that Scot publishes his meandering and irrelevant correspondence is an indictment of the editorial quality of SA today. It is not a sign of clever, creative, provocative, or informative editorial policy challenging the status quo. It is pure and simple laziness. SA is too lazy to find or create genuine content. Scot has checked out!

There, I've said it.

EYESAILOR

Super Anarchist
That is certainly more plausible, though I am surprised if Scot runs content from the Leweck family. But really, I don't know and I don't care.
Obviously I dont think that AD is really a member of the Leweck family. At the time, when AD was first foisted on the public, I intended it as an insult to discourage further painful content. But now, it would be a compliment. There is nothing that Craig has ever written that is not better than the dementia addled mess that AD writes.

I don't understand why Scot is not embarrassed. It is so bad that I wonder if Scot has actually even bothered reading it first.

dogwatch

Super Anarchist
South Coast, UK
Obviously I dont think that AD is really a member of the Leweck family. At the time, when AD was first foisted on the public, I intended it as an insult to discourage further painful content.

Oh I see. It wasn't obvious to me at the time that you were playing a game but neither did I believe AD was Craig Leweck's son.

enigmatically2

Super Anarchist
Earth
well if we take it that way then nothing has changed. Only the interregnum 12 metre period was the People's Cup
Which clashes with my experience as a child in dinghies seeing a British AC 12m entry outside the earls court boat show in seeing a bloated, boring lead mine which had nothing in common with "my" sailing.
It can be argued that foilers have nothing in common either, but I would have at least found them more interesting

Stingray~

Super Anarchist
PNW
Opinions obviously vary but I am perfectly happy with the AC boat being the AC75. Foiling is 'taking off' and this boat is the epitome of it, the leading edge.

Would have preferred that the AC72 had risen to this level and beyond already but it's hard to complain too-too much.

Let's all pray that we see none of the at-times farcical races from Auckland, come Barcelona. The wind limits need to be real this time!

sunseeker

Super Anarchist
Opinions obviously vary but I am perfectly happy with the AC boat being the AC75. Foiling is 'taking off' and this boat is the epitome of it, the leading edge.

Would have preferred that the AC72 had risen to this level and beyond already but it's hard to complain too-too much.

Let's all pray that we see none of the at-times farcical races from Auckland, come Barcelona. The wind limits need to be real this time!
If the 75’s are leading edge, it’s a very blunt edge.

As I’m writing this I wonder if anything that foils is Deed compliant relative to waterline length.

Stingray~

Super Anarchist
PNW
The Class is still called AC75 but included the now-gone bowsprit for some reason, maybe simply for crass advertising reasons. The AC72's were 83' LOA including the sprits, much bigger boats.

Is there a 69' static LWL spec'd for these 'AC75s'?

Latest posts