front page

JMOD

Super Anarchist
Netherlands
I'm always looking forward to some more sailing news. but today made me wonder...

how much non-foiling news is out there?

(ps. sorry for mentioning "his"name...)

Regatta Dog

Super Anarchist
Just sent this to Ed - should be fine in a couple days.

Moth+balls.jpg

inneedofadvice

Super Anarchist
Sarnia
Moths are pretty cool but it seems they have become the primary focus lately. A lot of coverage for what is currently a fringe area of sailing.

morrisre

Super Anarchist
Who gives a fuck about Moths!
Yeh that's a problem with the 'woooo! its a party' aproach. If it's not your party, who gives a fuck about it. In teh mean time it devalues what goes on on the water as a bonefied World Championships in much the same way as the NYYC Swan Club thing ... may be the X-Games would be a more appropriate comparison. Which is a shame as some of the Moth sailors put a huge effort into their sailing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Christian

Super Anarchist
Moths are pretty cool but it seems they have become the primary focus lately. A lot of coverage for what is currently a fringe area of sailing.
What would you expect with a gonzo journo, who is most likely incapable of runnning two parallel trains of thought simultaneously? You are all asking too much.....................
laugh.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
What would you expect with a gonzo journo, who is most likely incapable of runnning two parallel trains of thought simultaneously? You are all asking too much.....................
laugh.gif
Some thing about the old SMOKE he did once or twice? OR the now dead brain cells we gets from TOOOO GOOOOD A Rummmmmm!

I wouldn't mind a story about the moth class every week or so. That is in direct contrast to the the fact that, right now, 30% of the coverage on the front page is "all about the moths" and I'm quickly growing very weary of it.

Clean, we get that you love the class, that the class loves and even that the world championships just ended you but ramming this sorta thing down our throats has got to stop. Yes it has a target audience, sure it's pretty badass and cool for the first 10 minutes but honestly at this point I don't want to hear or see another thing about the Moths for a bloody month. If someone wants to get a monitor full of daily reports then give a link to somewhere in the forums where they can do that. If they want to have access to your video (which has gotten worlds better btw) then do the same thing. Maybe at the beginning and end of regattas you can indulge yourself and write a description with 8x10 color glossies and 5 part harmony but try to avoid overwhelming the average viewer. This applies to all of the events you cover btw, Moths, M24's and CRW (since I know that's coming up) with the AC being the only exception.

Don't take this the wrong way, I'm trying to show you what the average reader thinks about the content being provided. I would rather have would rather read regatta reports like the Port Authority bit than watch your THIRD (highlights = highlights of the regatta, not the day) highlight reel.

This is constructive criticism and I hope it leads to a change in the future. I'm not being melodramatic and "quitting the site" but I am speaking up for myself.

[rant]

And for fucks sakes, bring back the high resolution images! I want ones that are resized to fit the site I mean full screen - scroll your way around - doesn't pixelate when you apply it as a desktop wallpaper - HIGH RES! Pleasepleaseplease have one big beautiful gorgeous full screan shot waiting for me every day and I will be so so so much happier.

[/rant]

Zipped

Super Anarchist
Detroit
[rant]

And for fucks sakes, bring back the high resolution images! I want ones that are resized to fit the site I mean full screen - scroll your way around - doesn't pixelate when you apply it as a desktop wallpaper - HIGH RES! Pleasepleaseplease have one big beautiful gorgeous full screan shot waiting for me every day and I will be so so so much happier.

[/rant]
+1

I've been using old saved photos

Latest posts