fucking piece of shit car anarchy

dacapo

Super Anarchist
NY
$1375 used tranny labor included. 90 day warranty. $475+ labor 4 new tires labor repair small brake leak $250...plus tax. plus inspection oh yeah, plus car rental for the next 7 days........
boy is my ass sore..........

used tranny was unavailable. Rebuilt tranny $1875, labor $625, tires $475 plus $80 labor, brake leak $250 plus inspection, car rental $625

A guy in the Chesapeake

Super Anarchist
Virginia
$1375 used tranny labor included. 90 day warranty. $475+ labor 4 new tires labor repair small brake leak $250...plus tax. plus inspection oh yeah, plus car rental for the next 7 days........

used tranny was unavailable. Rebuilt tranny $1875, labor $625, tires $475 plus $80 labor, brake leak $250 plus inspection, car rental $625
Ouch... Hope it stays good, and that y'all sell a bunch of CDs!

well at lease you can now sell it for BB :lol:

my sister regularly threw that at her pets :eek:

Enjoy knowing that you should have a Fit Ride for quite a while B)

Monkey

Super Anarchist
Bulbhunter, your old Subaru needed a $10 sensor replaced or something, but man you missed out on the #1 best feature of the car!

Stopped facing uphill, put the stick in first, and the car would hold the brakes for you until you let up the clutch. There may be a few exceptions, but as far as I know it's been a feature of every manual Subaru ever made.
It wasn't on mine.

U20guy2

Super Anarchist
Bulbhunter, your old Subaru needed a $10 sensor replaced or something, but man you missed out on the #1 best feature of the car!

Stopped facing uphill, put the stick in first, and the car would hold the brakes for you until you let up the clutch. There may be a few exceptions, but as far as I know it's been a feature of every manual Subaru ever made.
It wasn't on mine.
Nor on mine - very few US models had the mechanical retained brake line pressure hill holder system it was more common on models outside the US. The modern electronic parking brake integrated to the hill holder put on the upper trim models today is the biggest number of Subaru models that get hill holder regardless if they are MT or AT. But prior to that very few models had the hill holder.

Ajax

Super Anarchist
Edgewater, MD
It's called "Hill Start Assist", and my dealer told me it was a recent feature. Maybe he's wrong.

Mine doesn't hold indefinitely, it holds for 3 seconds. Long enough for you to juggle your feet, and make the start.

U20guy2

Super Anarchist
It's called "Hill Start Assist", and my dealer told me it was a recent feature. Maybe he's wrong.

Mine doesn't hold indefinitely, it holds for 3 seconds. Long enough for you to juggle your feet, and make the start.
The new system uses some type of angle indication data be it facing up hill or down hill mine works both ways in SF great for Parallel parking on hills and will hold for as long as you have not given the car throttle and movement in the opposite direction of the slope happens.

On The Hard

Super Anarchist
San Antonio
I had a '98 GC and loved it. I-6 version. Unfortunately it was a company car and they made me get a new car after four years. I bought an '08 GC and have been relatively pleased with it. It came with a lifetime drivetrain warranty. The waterpump blew at about 65K miles and all the coolant leaked out. The temp gauge went all the way to cold with no fluid and daughter drove the car until the engine seized. Even though the waterpump wasn't technically drivetrain, Jeep stood behind it and replaced the whole damn engine. Brand new. Suffice it to say they have earned some loyalty from me.

The only issue with the GC is that it keeps bumping into stuff. Front bumper rattles when going over bumps and side fascia has some bad acne. Can't really blame that on Jeep though

On The Hard

Super Anarchist
San Antonio
I had an '86 Honda Accord that I put about 186K miles on. During that time I replaced the clutch twice. Although I like the handling of a manual, I think automatics are probably more reliable. Will pay attention to the comments about changing T-Fluids

shaggy

Super Anarchist
Co
God this is starting to sound like the jeep forum... Maybe you guys know. 2004 grand cherokee(WJ) 4.7 89,000mi... The fucker stalls when cold, basically it starts fine, will idle and warm up. But when you go and drive 1/4 mi or so and the temp gage is not at median, it will stall until it gets there(if stalled, if you crank on it, it will start, then you have to keep rpm's up until temp comes up. Once the thermostat gets to median temp all is good. Summer = all good. This just started happening in the morning. Sensor screwy somewhere, is there something really really wrong or do I have to explain to my wife that it is "Just a jeep thing"??

yowie

Super Anarchist
bris-vegas
Sounds like what most faulty thermostats would do if they get stuck in the open position.

(Only Jeep in my life was a mate's early 90's something. He left it for scrap at our local when the ECU died and none of the dealers would quote him on replacing it, and the local guy said he could get the part but not do the install.)

dacapo

Super Anarchist
NY
so, here's a kick in the ass....my engine blew this weekend after dropping $4000 into a new tranny, new tires, repairing brakes.....oil pump went and the motor ran dry...........motherfucker...I gotta almost laugh at my misfortunes. (either that or jump off a bridge..) I'm into this fucking car so bad now that I HAVE to get a new engine for it. $1900 for re-manufactured + $300 shipping+ $800 labor + $150 shipping old engine core back

so now I'll have a brand new fucking jeep that I have to drive for another 100,000 miles.

A guy in the Chesapeake

Super Anarchist
Virginia
so, here's a kick in the ass....my engine blew this weekend after dropping $4000 into a new tranny, new tires, repairing brakes.....oil pump went and the motor ran dry...........motherfucker...I gotta almost laugh at my misfortunes. (either that or jump off a bridge..) I'm into this fucking car so bad now that I HAVE to get a new engine for it. $1900 for re-manufactured + $300 shipping+ $800 labor + $150 shipping old engine core back

so now I'll have a brand new fucking jeep that I have to drive for another 100,000 miles.
Dude - I feel your pain. My old '96 Blazer had the engine go. 120K miles, a fuel injection line split and flooded the crankcase with gas, diluting the oil, and BOOM. $5K for an engine/fuel injection, and 3 weeks later, the transmission went. another $3K. I've got so much in that old truck that I'll have to keep it forever, or just give it away.

Innocent Bystander

Super Anarchist
Lower Southern MD
Damn,

Reminds me of Hurricane Irene. A couple of weeks prior the transmission died on my Lexus RX-300 at 115K miles. Other than that, it was in great shape. With 1 in college and i a senior in HS, I decided that a Jasper rebuilt was a reasonable option for just under $6K if I got another 100K out of the car. I picked it up as Irene was coming to town. 8 hours later, a 34" diameter oak nailed it full on from front to back while bringing down the carport on it and 2 other cars.

Insurance company gave me an extra $500 for a transmission in "excellent condition".

Sometimes you have to roll with thee big punches.

Windward

Super Anarchist

Part it out?

MoMP

Super Anarchist
Boston, USA

Spend an additional $1.50 and get a "new car scent" air freshener. all good.......

What a kick in the balls man, that's rough. If it's any consolation, they have huge aftermarkets, parts are plentiful and they're relatively easy to work on. With a few tools and a case of beer you can fix/repair/replace pretty much everything on 'em. An engine swap may seem intimidating but it's really not that tough. Check out the classifieds over at jeepforum.com, there's always somebody parting out something that may work and might save you some cash.

U20guy2

Super Anarchist
Geeze! -- thats the shits........ If you think the AT work was good work and will hold up and you feel confident in the engine fix or replacement then your probably better off than ditching it and buying someone elses wreck and suffering another major failure.