Fund Raiser for Hans and his family

Editor

Administrator
Staff member
carlsbad
Of course we'll help, and of course the community here will as well. Let's see what ABN does first and then we'll go from there.

Last edited by a moderator:

terrafirma

Super Anarchist
Melbourne
Of course we'll help, and of course the community here will help. Let's see what ABN does first and then we'll go from there.
Thanks for the reply ED, would be a fantastic thing from SA's point of view and for Hans and his family the right thing to do. We all know how hard it will be for his immediate family, every little thing we can contribute will go a long way. Thanks for all the support so far, let's keep it going. It's been fantastic to see the words "I'm In..!"

hylke

Holland
Of course more have lost their lives at sea but the thought of his pregnant wife and one year old doughter makes this a very very good idea. Count me in!!!!

5155_600x400.jpg

euro

I can facilitiate this - you guys make your mind up how we want to approach it and I will go to the right person on the team.
Bonamar, Ed and everyone else... I don't know what will be involved here but my thinking is pretty simple really. If there's an opportunity to join ABN later on, we can and maybe should. But this is SA and since when did we start waiting on others for things to happen... I say we just get this started now and if there's a chance to maybe join forces with them later; great, and if not, well then well just provide our own fund...

Mid

Blues Rule
I can facilitiate this - you guys make your mind up how we want to approach it and I will go to the right person on the team.
Bonamar, Ed and everyone else... I don't know what will be involved here but my thinking is pretty simple really. If there's an opportunity to join ABN later on, we can and maybe should. But this is SA and since when did we start waiting on others for things to happen... I say we just get this started now and if there's a chance to maybe join forces with them later; great, and if not, well then well just provide our own fund...

Valid Point

Editor

Administrator
Staff member
carlsbad
Agreed. We're SA and let's send a chunk of change from our community. If you guys have an idea of the best way to do this we will get it going asap. Let me know.

That picture is a stark image of just what has been lost. Damn, I'm sorry for the family. I fully expect our people to do what they can.

Trovão

Super Anarchist
Of course more have lost their lives at sea but the thought of his pregnant wife and one year old doughter makes this a very very good idea. Count me in!!!!
siler, eye-wetting picture. i'm the father of a 1 1/2 year old kid and just imagining a small kid without his (or her) father (and, in hans' case even worse, a small one who wouldn't know his father at all) makes me let teardrops fall from my eyes. i know the risk is part of this race (and of our sport) but god (or whatever the one people believe is called) just shouldn't let things like this happen. oh, and of course, i'm in.

sailingk8

Super Anarchist
The Swamp
I remember the first time I saw that picture thinking, how sweetly-sad it was. Now, it really tugs the heart strings! :(

I want that child to grow up and think my dad was a hero, and to know sailing people are good people who cared when her father died.

Cement_Shoes

Super Anarchist
A to Z
Ed,

Perhaps you could send a note to ABN AMRO that the Sailing Anarchy community is planning to raise funds for Hans' family and stands along side the entire ABN AMRO family in their grief.

I really want to contribute and through an SA fund would be great. However, I imagine that there are international tax laws at work and we need to make sure that as much of what we donate goes straight to the family. Let's make sure we do this right.

Mid

Blues Rule
Agreed. We're SA and let's send a chunk of change from our community. If you guys have an idea of the best way to do this we will get it going asap. Let me know.
That picture is a stark image of just what has been lost. Damn, I'm sorry for the family. I fully expect our people to do what they can.
we need a trust a/c we can get $$ into ,

over to you Ed

marian

Super Anarchist
Most contribs are likely to be from USA, so needs a bank there to avoid currency change charges. Someone must be able to set that up.

Needs getting on with, more people than ever are reading about Hans today, but by next week the non-sailors out there will have likely forgotten.

Pix like that one need to touch people's hearts NOW.

Latest posts