Fund Raiser for Hans and his family

marian

Super Anarchist
Hey Ed, we still must get the message across at the right time that the SA community cares, hurts and wants to help.
That is absolutely right. I am going to bed now, but tomorrow I will look out for the fund contribution details and put on a news story and I will blame myself if it does not hit the top of a google news search for Volvo Ocean Race, Hans' name and ABN AMRO, tomorrow morning.

I will also personally e-mail some organisations that I hope will be able to influence getting people to contribute.

If the family does have insurance that will keep them comfortably, they might well like to set up something in Hans memory that will help young aspiring sailors, because that was what he did.

Editor

Administrator
Staff member
carlsbad
Okay folks, go to the front page, where we have set up Memorial Fund for Hans' family. Do what you can and thank you very much.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr. Squirrel

Super Anarchist
Ive given as well. I feel blessed that I am able to do something, somehow, to help out his family.

It is times like this that makes sailing special and Sailing Anarchy truly what it is.

Thanks to Ed and Dawg for making it happen.

MS

I just made a donation now. Thank you Ed and Dawg for making this happen.

Really tugs at the heart strings. Doing my first Bermuda race in a few weeks and having 2 small kids at home brings it all that much closer. I hope his family finds some peace some day in knowing that he died doing what he loved.

Fair winds and seas to you all.......

Editor

Administrator
Staff member
carlsbad
The response has been excellent. I am so proud to have you guys with me. Let me echo the sentiment of showing the community the good that we can do.

Oxygen Mask

Super Anarchist
Oregon USA
I'm in.

I reposted the article and link to the fund on our local sailing message board as well, just in case there is someone out there who doesn't read SA.

Last edited by a moderator:

Trovão

Super Anarchist
Okay folks, go to the front page, where we have set up Memorial Fund for Hans' family. Do what you can and thank you very much.
i've just made my donation. thanks ed for creating this bonding element for the worldwide sailing fraternity.

man, the pic of hans' little kid waving goodbye at the dock can't just go out of my mind. i gotta give my own little kid a strong hug.

The response has been excellent. I am so proud to have you guys with me. Let me echo the sentiment of showing the community the good that we can do.
I've sent mine and would like to thank those responsible for getting this going so quickly and allowing us to express our sorrow in a way that will help those he loved.

At least I feel I have made a contibution but quite honestly, I'm thinking more about the guys on ABN2 who are bringing him home than I am about the race. It just seem very important any more. :(

Latest posts