GB5508 Rebuild - Soma's Project

HotCarNut

Denver, CO
@soma any updates on owner’s intention with the project?  I wasn’t sure with COVID and his business issues if he’d re-think the whole thing, or get motivated because time isn’t guaranteed.

jackolantern

Super Anarchist
Any update on this? I poked my nose in the shed at Newport Shipyard over Christmas and the boat was sitting there in much the same condition as last posted by Soma. Looked like a super cool project on the verge of being finished.

eastern motors

Anarchist
Any update on this? I poked my nose in the shed at Newport Shipyard over Christmas and the boat was sitting there in much the same condition as last posted by Soma. Looked like a super cool project on the verge of being finished.
Well Soma appears to have deleted all of his posts including the first one in this thread.  I don't think there will be an update.

crashjibe

Newport
Boat is being finished up. They'll be sailing this summer.

karst

Karst here, formerly known as Soma. I left the project 3 years ago when the project went into hiatus. I’ve been off on other adventures ever since. 

I saw the boat (and the owner) last fall. The boat is coming along and should launch any day now. Great boat, great owner. I can’t wait to see how she goes!