Girl with patreon account goes sailing in hot place

Dogscout

On walkabout
Should have spent their money on rigging instead of camera gear to become u-tube stars.  She does have a nice ass though, and a pleasant voice.  Its entertainment to us, and there are plenty of fools to watch.

Fah Kiew Tu

Curmudgeon, First Rank
Tasmania, Australia
Thoughts

Nice arse

Mooring up to a fishing bouy !!!

Goodonem for having the camera running.

No hand held radio

She got stuck in fixing the engine

What about cutting it all free?

Bolt cutters

d
Agree about the nice arse.

The boat was a death trap anyway so it's not a surprise that the rig went. Did you notice that it had an offset companionway?

FKT

Thoughts

Nice arse

Mooring up to a fishing bouy !!!

Goodonem for having the camera running.

No hand held radio

She got stuck in fixing the engine

What about cutting it all free?

Bolt cutters

d
They were in SE Asia right? So cutting shit free would be an option if the boat was in danger. Otherwise, boat things are hard to come by in those parts. Try getting a custom mast made or lots of boat things.

<edit> Nice arse

Last edited by a moderator:

loneshark64

Super Anarchist
Later dudes
One really wild property of epoxy -- and especially notable with thickened, pre-cured epoxies like WEST's outstanding Six10 product -- is its thixotropy. Also known as 'shear thinning.' You've probably observed it: as you tool epoxy, its viscosity goes down and it flows (or sags, frustratingly). When you stop working it, it thickens. Tool it some more, it goes runny again. Add to this some exothermic thinning, and you get a thick, sticky adhesive that will briefly flow and penetrate quite small cracks & surface features. Judicious use of a vibration source, hair dryer and/or shop vac lets you do some fun tricks with epoxy. ;)  
Yes, I developed thixotropy at the age of 52. As you tool the viscosity goes down and sags frustratingly. Stop working it, and later, it thickens. Damn. Tool it some more, runny again. I will not comment on penetrating the small crack and surface features, but will attest to judicious use of a vibration source and a little blue pill, but strong NO zone the hair dryer and shop vac.

Israel Hands

Super Anarchist
coastal NC
Here's something different, if you have 13 minutes to spare. You will laugh, but hey, this guy has taken steps to live the dream. He lost his wife to cancer a couple of years ago, so I chuckle with rather than at him, and will be interested to see where his adventure leads...

Student_Driver

Super Anarchist
Darien
Has anyone looked at LaVag Patreon to see the announcement regarding their next boat?  Apparently the Outremer 45 will no longer provide passage for the growing family. 

Zonker

Super Anarchist
Canada
And more heeling. You'd think the Outremer 45 would be fast enough for a boat with 2 little kids, but hey, Australians <shrug>.

Upp3

Anarchist

Foiling Optimist

Super Anarchist
Vancouver BC.
While there's a lot of conventional wisdom in the youtube comments, Riley goes into a bunch of reasons why they think it's more family friendly, notably that he can single hand it, leaving Elena to fully focus on boat life. Second, they can sail fast with less sail area so fast and safer and easier short handed. Also, they need to deliver what people actually want to watch, so making for quicker passages means they can show more passages and more islands. Note that he's talking about making a few changes to the boat to make filming easier. They are talking about going with a race boat carbon black bedroom though. That will not work for filming, the light absorption will be too much.

mcmurdo

earth
15 hours ago, Ajax said:

A splash of cold water:

Thanks for that. That's the first one of these I've watched for more than 30 seconds.

The harbour in La Paz is full of deteriorating boats that belong to people who never thought things through.

So the Vags, despite paying high profile, multi-media public lip service to being "woke" and "green" by toting scowling Greta across the Atlantic so that she could scold Americans from Europe (among other, subtler professions of their belief system), have now upped the consumerist ante so far that they will undoubtedly rule the niche forever.
All Hail the King and Queen of the Millennial Video Sailing Lifestyle, out there on ever larger, more-consuming giant plastic petroleum-based non-renewable boats constructed in third world countries, busily making New Consumers For Life while giving lip service to the anti-carbon, anti-coal, anti-everything they are, have, and use, all from their sparkly new three-hulled bully pulpit, complete with a custom "Earthy vibe" interior of bamboo and linen...

La Hypocrisy.

olaf hart

Super Anarchist
So the Vags, despite paying high profile, multi-media public lip service to being "woke" and "green" by toting scowling Greta across the Atlantic so that she could scold Americans from Europe (among other, subtler professions of their belief system), have now upped the consumerist ante so far that they will undoubtedly rule the niche forever.
All Hail the King and Queen of the Millennial Video Sailing Lifestyle, out there on ever larger, more-consuming giant plastic petroleum-based non-renewable boats constructed in third world countries, busily making New Consumers For Life while giving lip service to the anti-carbon, anti-coal, anti-everything they are, have, and use, all from their sparkly new three-hulled bully pulpit, complete with a custom "Earthy vibe" interior of bamboo and linen...

La Hypocrisy.
Don’t worry, their bulkheads will crack eventually…

dylan winter

Super Anarchist

La Hypocrisy.
Let he who is without sin cast the first stone

Motes and planks etc.

back on a freezing Feb day I was on the boat...

I painted the saloon floor with oil based paint.

I ran the engine to charge the batteries For half an hour

Then I fired up the outboard for its monthly five minute test, the Taylor diesel heater  was running all day  and then I had a cup of tea using water boiled on the meths stove.

I probably had a whizz over the side at some point that day

D