Girl with patreon account goes sailing in hot place

Bryanjb

Super Anarchist
Various
I agree...goodonem

However I do think that they hoover up a lot of the oxygen

D
So do Google and Facebook, so what.  I chose to use Google but not Facebook.

Personally, I like Leo, enjoy his videos and send him a couple bucks.  Obviously others like and support LaVag and buying what they bought should provide thrilling videos for their patrons to enjoy.

It's all good we get to vote with our wallets.  I'm happy there is content to choose from.

Israel Hands

Super Anarchist
coastal NC
This kid's YT formula seems to be working for him, and he's interesting to watch. Sometimes he does a rough job on things, but he's got some innovative ideas too. I'm rooting for him.

Jud - s/v Sputnik

Super Anarchist
Canada
Thoughts

Nice arse
I must have fast forwarded to the wrong part of the vid (for me, almost none of these vids make it more than 3-4 rapid Fast Forwards).  

I got an old man’s body and almost a butt crack if he’d bent over further.  And some food on a pan in the galley (who films shit like this?)

Fail x2.  Next! :)

7C9A2B7C-5477-49AC-A7DD-96ED931D0DAC.jpeg

8EFF20B2-6E63-4ECC-8032-0816AAD93979.png

Ishmael

Fuctifino
I must have fast forwarded to the wrong part of the vid (for me, almost none of these vids make it more than 3-4 rapid Fast Forwards).  

I got an old man’s body and almost a butt crack if he’d bent over further.  And some food on a pan in the galley (who films shit like this?)

Fail x2.  Next! :)

View attachment 445516

View attachment 445517
The nice arse is close to the beginning, at 0:30.

Panoramix

Super Anarchist
Has anyone looked at LaVag Patreon to see the announcement regarding their next boat?  Apparently the Outremer 45 will no longer provide passage for the growing family. 

I hope to be wrong nad may be the boat isn't as powerful as it seems but I am not sure he's got the skills to skipper such a boat offshore. I wouldn't sail this kind of boat offshore without extensive racing multihull experience, it can go pear shaped pretty quickly on big racing multis if you don't know what you are doing!

Dilligaf0220

Super Anarchist
Not The Caribbean
4 hours ago, Panoramix said:

I can see a multinational financing a deal with LaVag for exposure, but what could the benefits be for Rapido?

Wouldn't think even serious buyers that are LaVag viewers would be their demographic?

And lawrd, Ms LaVag is already firing another crotch goblin out of her baby cannon?  Not wasting any time.

darth reapius

Super Anarchist
Straya
13 hours ago, Ajax said:

@dylan winter Did you know that they make pink boiler suits?!?

This fkn guy

While discovering de-laminated bulkheads, rotten core material, outdated rigging, a fucked engine, rotten timber structure, boards and rudders... "Everyone said this boat is a piece of shit, don't buy it, and I refuse to listen to them"

Zonker

Super Anarchist
Canada
I hope to be wrong and may be the boat isn't as powerful as it seems but I am not sure he's got the skills to skipper such a boat offshore.
me too. But with the wife and wee kids aboard maybe he takes it easy for a long while getting to know the boat.

Last edited by a moderator:

toddster

Super Anarchist
The Gorge
...or maybe they hire a skipper.  

I have only watched, maybe half of half a dozen of their posts, but... They don’t project competence. One can hope that it’s all just artificial drama, I suppose.  But, on the other hand... at one time I downloaded their “book” of cruising tips.  It was like, twelve pages of scary stupid.  

BTW: One of the YouTube wannabe celebrity circumnavigators, vilified way, way up-thread... of whom I may have, a couple of years ago, made some less than flattering comments, walked through my office door today and made a purchase.  Which proves that the world is smaller and stranger than we think.

So who knows? 

Panoramix

Super Anarchist
He knows what he's doing. He's put a hell of a lot of blue/green-water miles behind him over the past 6 years.
From what I've heard (from people who've sailed ORMAs when that was a thing), big powerful tris live in a different world. Sure this one isn't an ORMA but I suspect that it is already in a different world from what the average amateur gets to sail. IMO being able to sail a formula 18 (or better a formula 40 for old hands!) properly on the edge is a good skill to have when you get hit by this bad puff you weren't expecting or find this weird wave that trips you. Trouble with these really fast boats is that apparent wind can shift really quick so you need a really good instinctive feel for it (much beyond knowing about the phenomenon) to make the right choice the day you have a split second to decide between carrying on the same heading, bearing away and luffing to release unwanted power. On top of this in a sea state you need to properly manage boat speed and heading to avoid digging in a wave. These are skills that very few possess.

This is what happens on these boats when you don't pay attention :

Upp3

Anarchist
Cristoforo said:
Thats about the last boat I would choose for voyaging with a toddler and an infant.  she will be trying to keep them from flying around the  cabin while he's single handing.   I predict doom and unmitigated failure
I don't know multihulls, but shouldn't there be same problem with their previous Outremer 45?

Upp3

Anarchist
...or maybe they hire a skipper.  

I have only watched, maybe half of half a dozen of their posts, but... They don’t project competence. One can hope that it’s all just artificial drama, I suppose.  But, on the other hand... at one time I downloaded their “book” of cruising tips.  It was like, twelve pages of scary stupid.  
They boast over 70k miles on their web page. People will watch drama, no to much boring passage that the highlight reel is the one fish that got away.

hump101

Anarchist
From what I've heard (from people who've sailed ORMAs when that was a thing), big powerful tris live in a different world. Sure this one isn't an ORMA but I suspect that it is already in a different world from what the average amateur gets to sail. IMO being able to sail a formula 18 (or better a formula 40 for old hands!) properly on the edge is a good skill to have when you get hit by this bad puff you weren't expecting or find this weird wave that trips you. Trouble with these really fast boats is that apparent wind can shift really quick so you need a really good instinctive feel for it (much beyond knowing about the phenomenon) to make the right choice the day you have a split second to decide between carrying on the same heading, bearing away and luffing to release unwanted power. On top of this in a sea state you need to properly manage boat speed and heading to avoid digging in a wave. These are skills that very few possess.
When they took Greta across the Atlantic, they had a pro skipper on board. They may not be at the competence level required, but if they understand that and import the skills as required, then they should have a fighting chance of staying upright.

Latest posts