Girl with patreon account goes sailing in hot place

If I were La Vagabond I wouldn't have taken the Outremer cat....
Riley owned La Vagabond outright, but now they're both indebted to Outremer for 10/20 years.  Unless I'm missing something that sounds like a bad deal. 
And let's be honest, for a million dollar cat, the interior looks shite - iKea catalogue stuff. Have Outremer scrimped on it..
Despite being many times cheaper, their old Cyclades had a nice warmth and quality about it.

I love Riley and Riley and Elayna and will continue watching the videos, but I wish they where back on the old Cyclades or another monohull. 
My bet is that Elayna talked him into it. Much more room for her shoes and clothes. Much larger bed, she claims that Riley took the overwhelming majority of the previous bed.

Outremer will sell a few cats from it. I already know of one couple that now plan on a cat after selling their $2 million dollar home.

It was a risk.

theadmiralty

My bet is that Elayna talked him into it. Much more room for her shoes and clothes. Much larger bed, she claims that Riley took the overwhelming majority of the previous bed.

Outremer will sell a few cats from it. I already know of one couple that now plan on a cat after selling their $2 million dollar home.

It was a risk.
I'll be honest, and I'm not just saying this to piss on anyones parade, BUT after watching the videos I wouldn't buy one! Then again I am a monohull man so clearly not in the target market for a cat. 

Dilligaf0220

Super Anarchist
Not The Caribbean
"Yes, SCANAS really is this big" 

I doubt Delos owe anything on the boat. He's had it quite a while. 

Seven years I think. I might suspect a 15 year "mortgage" on that boat. 53' with a lot of bells and whistles. He may have had good equity in his Scottsdale home though the 2008 financial tsunami clouds that prospect a bit. I know he "sold everything". How much was raised is anybodies guess. I find myself wondering about the original cost of his 53' eight year old Super Amel.

He said he works on his laptop every morning until the batteries die. My bet is that it pays pretty well due to his strong computer background. If so he is, more or less, supporting the rest of the groups adventure. Though his Swedish girlfriend holds her own with very considerable time editing the well done videos.

It could be argued that the "vacation in paradise" is a bit of a facade. Bryan still works with computers and his girlfriend seems to be the video producer. Those videos have a lot of time spent on them. Video editing takes intense concentration, it is no vacation. Still, they live in various tropical paradises and seem to have a LOT of free time. So they are doing extremely well by my estimation.
Delos does more than their Youtube vids, they are pretty active & open on pretty much any sailing podcast that invites them on when they have an internet connection.

He still has a note on the boat so many years later, the original price on his Millennium was $300k+, which he could swing at the time but leave no kitty left to actually go cruising, so he took on a mortgage, lived aboard for a year, crewed on a few race boats out of Portland (including an SC53).

He hasn't worked as a programmer remotely since he left Australia and settled his share of his company.  All Bryan's "laptop work until the battery dies" is managing the Delos brand and making use of an internet connection while he has it.

Delos does more than their Youtube vids, they are pretty active & open on pretty much any sailing podcast that invites them on when they have an internet connection.

He still has a note on the boat so many years later, the original price on his Millennium was $300k+, which he could swing at the time but leave no kitty left to actually go cruising, so he took on a mortgage, lived aboard for a year, crewed on a few race boats out of Portland (including an SC53).

He hasn't worked as a programmer remotely since he left Australia and settled his share of his company.  All Bryan's "laptop work until the battery dies" is managing the Delos brand and making use of an internet connection while he has it.
So, maybe Bryan is not quite as smart as I gave him credit for. Then again, it has worked out for him.

I believe he was married when he bought Delos? Maybe it was the wife's involvement? Bryan doesn't seem like the type that couldn't fall asleep on a $175,000 sailboat.

I find it humorous that the Vag's and other internet beggars are probably getting more clicks from the links in this thread than if they just sat there in their bikinis and waited for youtube to do the heavy lifting.

"No such thing as bad publicity. Just spell my name URL right." P.T.Barnum

LB 15

Cunt
Just for shits & giggles I took a quick look at their Instagrams.

Um yeah her hands are further apart on the wheel than they used to be.

https://www.instagram.com/elayna__c/?hl=en
Yes there is defiantly some changes.

Who leaves their own brand new boat in europe to go on a charter holiday in their own country?

18579514_418765311836208_7096052564524793856_n.jpg

No they won't. The kind of people who are smart enough to make that kind if money are not likely to be influenced by 'Tash and Brows excellent adventure.
I'd like to place a bet that you have not studied advertising. Plus owning a $2 million dollar home is not exceptional in certain markets. Some people simply bought a home a few decades ago and watched things go crazy.

that is a lovely picture of a lovely girl

very nicely done

D
She is rather extraordinary. Believe I read that blokes pay a lot of money to Skype with her. Now that I consider questionable since she is quite obviously taken and literally out of reach. Plus that vegetarian thingie. Still, reckon I'd buy her lunch if she were available.

LB 15

Cunt
That might where you learned it but I did as Creative director and senior partner of my own Agency for 10 years.

You need to understand the difference between brand awareness and brand association. This may well put more eyeballs on the brand by putting it out there but a serious Cat buyer would have found them anyway. Going guarantor on a loan is a fairly low risk proposition to build brand awareness. But they are linking the fortunes of the brand to the fortunes of the dynamic duo and that might carry some risk. 'Sponsorship' (what this effectively is) can be a two edged sword. So successfully did one race sponsor align their brand with the event that it became known in the press as 'The Telstra Sydney to Hobart Yacht race disaster'

Regardless 'advertising' is about identifying and casting ones net in the most plentiful waters. The people who follow them (and after reading some of the fawning love on the Instagram link they can and should be called  'followers') are not the adventurous types that are likely to take the plunge even if they could sell the family home for enough reddies. These people are standing in the rain in their anoraks watching the La Vag vids on their phones waiting for the bus to take them to their sad job in the dispatch department of a fudge factory, not young free spirits like their hero's. They escape from reality each day by watching 'suits', reading Jack Reacher or watching La Vag vids. They are no more likely to sell up and buy a cat than they are to go to law school, or own nothing and travel around on a bus killing about 10 bad guys each week. 

Wrong demographic.

That might where you learned it but I did as Creative director and senior partner of my own Agency for 10 years.

You need to understand the difference between brand awareness and brand association. This may well put more eyeballs on the brand by putting it out there but a serious Cat buyer would have found them anyway. Going guarantor on a loan is a fairly low risk proposition to build brand awareness. But they are linking the fortunes of the brand to the fortunes of the dynamic duo and that might carry some risk. 'Sponsorship' (what this effectively is) can be a two edged sword. So successfully did one race sponsor align their brand with the event that it became known in the press as 'The Telstra Sydney to Hobart Yacht race disaster'

Regardless 'advertising' is about identifying and casting ones net in the most plentiful waters. The people who follow them (and after reading some of the fawning love on the Instagram link they can and should be called  'followers') are not the adventurous types that are likely to take the plunge even if they could sell the family home for enough reddies. These people are standing in the rain in their anoraks watching the La Vag vids on their phones waiting for the bus to take them to their sad job in the dispatch department of a fudge factory, not young free spirits like their hero's. They escape from reality each day by watching 'suits', reading Jack Reacher or watching La Vag vids. They are no more likely to sell up and buy a cat than they are to go to law school, or own nothing and travel around on a bus killing about 10 bad guys each week. 

Wrong demographic.
Fair enough....you won. I owe you a beer.

SCANAS

Super Anarchist
Brisbane
10/15yr agreement with Outremer is highly unlikely. They'll be divorced or have kids in school by then! Either way as a fellow GEN Y I can assure you no one signs on for that long. 

Dylan - you sail in a cunt of a place. I don't want to watch someone ghosting along doing 2knots on poo brown water. You should do a whole series were you fly to Australia, buy an RL24 or a Swarbrick Spacesailor 24 for 10k Aussie (about 100 pounds) in Sydney & cruise the east cost & over the top. Board shorts & 22c tropical blue water temp. 

jack_sparrow

Super Anarchist
Dylan - you sail in a cunt of a place. I don't want to watch someone ghosting along doing 2knots on poo brown water. You should do a whole series were you fly to Australia, buy an RL24 or a Swarbrick Spacesailor 24 for 10k Aussie (about 100 pounds) in Sydney & cruise the east cost & over the top. Board shorts & 22c tropical blue water temp. 
Dylan Scanas will even pick you up at the airport..

IMG_20170520_104437.jpg