Girl with patreon account goes sailing in hot place

LB 15

Cunt
That's becoming a problem - bloody useless escapees from the mainland bringing their idiotic attitudes with them (I moved from Sydney so I'm an earlier exemplar of this). Fortunately I'm pretty safe from the influx. Lydia hopefully moved to Sandy Bay or another suburb close to what passes for the Hobart CBD.

In 3 weeks I'll be in Sydney for a couple of months, reminding myself just what I like and detest about the place. Bob Carr banning jet skis off of the entire Sydney Harbour has to rate as the only enduring achievement of his time as Premier. I'm taking a small sailing dinghy with me and it's only 5 minutes from my house to the launch ramp.

FKT
No Lydia is at Dover. The immigration from the mainland will help the Gene pool in the long term. Maybe cut down on the number of Jackie Lambies and Bob Browns that future generations will have to put up with.

Fah Kiew Tu

Curmudgeon, First Rank
Tasmania, Australia
No Lydia is at Dover. The immigration from the mainland will help the Gene pool in the long term. Maybe cut down on the number of Jackie Lambies and Bob Browns that future generations will have to put up with.
Can't see how that's going to work out - you guys elected Anna Bligh and the latest one with the un-spellable surname.... what's your excuse? WRT politicians I'm sure we live in an idiotcracy.

Dover hey - she probably did raise the average IQ there (whoever she is). Mind you that wouldn't be difficult....

FKT

Dilligaf0220

Super Anarchist
Not The Caribbean
  Th'd is starting to drift from important topics like bumbling n00b's & 33psi cleavage...

Just to get back on track, I had to check up on ol' reliable.  Youtube sailing vlogger's fav Playboy model just never disappoints (I think this is the first one of her vids I've watched all the way through to the end since they tried to sink their last boat)

She's talking about getting this POS in the water sailing by July 4th.

TwoLegged

Super Anarchist
  She's talking about getting this POS in the water sailing by July 4th.
4th July is plenty doable.

That is, 4th July 2019.  If she works hard.

The job will of course be made much easier by having her 8yo daughter living on board the hulk while she guts it.

</sarcasm>

Dilligaf0220

Super Anarchist
Not The Caribbean

The job will of course be made much easier by having her 8yo daughter living on board the hulk while she guts it.

</sarcasm>

I'm just assuming it's a play for a mercy ride or extra Patreon "tips".

Edit -- Just occurred to me, I think her last boat had a note on it and when they split it was exciting for her to bumble through a head repair on her own...before Towboat US showed up and gave her an hour to clear her stuff out before they repossessed it because her Ex cancelled the loan and she couldn't carry it herself.

Last edited by a moderator:

dylan winter

Super Anarchist
the soap opera nature of many of these video blogs with weekly updates concerning the domestic/personal aspects of the stories remind me of a (I am ashamed to say) BBC TV series called Howard's Way.  It was about a company that built  boats in the solent

my sailing brothers and I used to watch it in the hope of the odd glimpse of a boat

but the soap opera and dresses became more important as the boats faded into the background

the series had some truly terrible acting and some of the ropiest special effects storm scenes ever seen on TV

but the weekly episode format works for building an audience.

Mr. Ed

Super Anarchist
On 5/20/2017 at 7:56 AM, dylan winter said:

Excellent - I shall put that on my website

"you sail in a cunt of a place"

I love this forum for the epic thread drift and the way that language is thrown at the threads from all over the world

I agree, the water is seldom  warm, sometimes it is not clear, it rains occasionally

but....

the scenery is great, no men with guns, no paperwork, I can leave my boat unlocked and my bike against a wall outside a shop, hardly any inseccts, nothing in or above the water that can kill you or eat you.

I often sail wearing six layers of clothes.....

My missus grew up in Sydney, with a certain amount of sailing. When we got together in London I nervously showed her my creeklands, the Thames Estuary and its offshoots. For our first day time date I took her for along the ballast wharfs on the Greenwich peninsula. (I'm a great one for putting your worst foot forward).

I took her to "my" cunt of a river in Essex, and she loved it, the quiet, the maritime culture, its modesty. Then she took me to Sydney and I thought "you were just being kind", once I'd seen Sydney Harbour and the Hawkesbury. She even says that she finds the sailing more interesting, how the pilotage and tides are more of a challenge. She's even stopped accusing me of conspiring against her when we have to start at an unsocial hour to make a tide. 

We now live in an old wooden house overlooking the cuntriver, with our boat on a mooring outside. She is happy there. I am lucky.

jack_sparrow

Super Anarchist
1 hour ago, dylan winter said:

the soap opera nature of many of these video blogs with weekly updates concerning the domestic/personal aspects of the stories remind me of a (I am ashamed to say) BBC TV series called Howard's Way.  It was about a company that built  boats in the solent

my sailing brothers and I used to watch it in the hope of the odd glimpse of a boat

but the soap opera and dresses became more important as the boats faded into the background

the series had some truly terrible acting and some of the ropiest special effects storm scenes ever seen on TV

That's a blast from the past Dylan. The opening soundtrack was quite catchy for a BBC production..unfortunately I think Neighbours kicked it off the park.

Mr. Ed

Super Anarchist
Stockholm syndrome. 
very good. Mind, having seen the entrances to Moreton Bay, there's nothing too difficult about our pilotage.

And there's no dugongs threatening us. They can break a man's arm with one blow of their wing, dugongs can. 

</sarcasm>
Id say July 4th this year is doable as she just needs to ask the internet for help and all the wallet warriors who are trying to win her love with tips will either show up as free labour or pay for someone to fix it for her. She will only have to wear a small bikini and add a few more nip slips

toddster

Super Anarchist
The Gorge
Speaking of blasts from the past... I was browsing in Powell's yesterday (worlds largest used book store) and noticed that in Chapter 1 of Beth Leonard's Voyager's Handbook there is a big sidebar about the family that circumnavigated Delos before Brian and crew.  Interesting how these boats have more than one story.  

LB 15

Cunt
random said:
Howard's Way was fucking awesome.
It sure was. The is a spring 25 moored right in the front of our marina and it reminds me of the show each day. 

The office that I worked in in Hamble had been used as the set for the sail makers in the show.

Not My Real Name

Not Actually Me
very good. Mind, having seen the entrances to Moreton Bay, there's nothing too difficult about our pilotage.

And there's no dugongs threatening us. They can break a man's arm with one blow of their wing, dugongs can. 
Depends which end of Moreton you come in on...just follow all the big ships.

LB 15

Cunt
Happie Jack said:
The amusing thing is that is why, sentimental bloke that you are, today is today and "when only the best will do" a hidden coolabong at a party of distant summer wines past.
Sadly I missed the golden era of the tobacco accounts. Those must have been the days. Selling piss is what we mostly did. Not Goon though.

MauiPunter

Will sail for food
This might be the beer talking but If I were La Vagabond I wouldn't have taken the Outremer cat....
Riley owned La Vagabond outright, but now they're both indebted to Outremer for 10/15 years.  Unless I'm missing something that sounds like a bad deal. 
And let's be honest, for a million dollar cat, the interior looks shite - iKea catalogue stuff. Have Outremer scrimped on it..
Despite being many times cheaper, their old Cyclades had a nice warmth and quality about it.

I love Riley and Elayna and will continue watching the videos and supporting them, but I wish they where back on the old Cyclades or another monohull. 
I stopped watching the instant they left the monohull.

savoir

Super Anarchist
LV are presently somewhere in Queensland on a chartered mono.