Girl with patreon account goes sailing in hot place

Ajax

Super Anarchist
Edgewater, MD
thats the ticket Ajax

the next film worth watching will be called

KeepTurningLeft season 8 film 17 - Cape Wrath

if should  appear in September. 

Ignore all the others because they will be pandering to the pinkos rather than the green frogs who only contribute buckets of rude shit in my inbox

D
I look forward to it. 

My viewing has dropped off because the season is finally here, and I've been sailing pretty actively. I'm not really watching any telly at all, let alone streaming video. For your demographic research, I consider myself to be "centrist" with a very slight right leaning. I'd like to think that I've been kind and generous.

I am simply shocked to learn that right wingers have not been generous givers to a left wing blogger. The math is utterly confusing. /s

I look at the most successful, in terms of viewing and donations, and find that politics are simply never mentioned. To do so will alienate about 1/3 of the viewers.

Why don't we be constructive and get back to T & A? Enough of this political hi-jacking from the man who often notes that threads get side tracked here with frequency? At least we are not discussing schvanstuckers (from Young Frankenstein). 

IStream

Super Anarchist
Dylan, as someone who happens to agree with you politically (and has made a couple modest donations), I would also suggest doing away with the overtly political stuff. Living Over Here, as we do, there's just no escape from it. From time to time, it's nice to sail up an undiscovered UK tributary to take one's mind off the situation. 

dylan winter

Super Anarchist
I am simply shocked to learn that right wingers have not been generous givers to a left wing blogger. The math is utterly confusing. /s

I look at the most successful, in terms of viewing and donations, and find that politics are simply never mentioned. To do so will alienate about 1/3 of the viewers.

Why don't we be constructive and get back to T & A? Enough of this political hi-jacking from the man who often notes that threads get side tracked here with frequency? At least we are not discussing schvanstuckers (from Young Frankenstein). 
thread drift is one of the great triumphs of this forum

here it is done on an epic scape

as for focussiing films on certain groups

If you alienate a third who never pay (conservatives)  and just freeload on the coat tails of the payers (liberals) then it makes sense to focus the films on the people who are most likely to pay.

This is an experiment that I can bury

Dylan

PS since researching this I have discovered that dictators like women with big tits

article-2207353-001E77B100000258-999_306x423.jpg

dylan winter

Super Anarchist
Dylan, as someone who happens to agree with you politically (and has made a couple modest donations), I would also suggest doing away with the overtly political stuff. Living Over Here, as we do, there's just no escape from it. From time to time, it's nice to sail up an undiscovered UK tributary to take one's mind off the situation. 

there you go - see

liberals are more generous than concervatives

Liberals beleive in paying their way and doing their bit

Convcervatives want tax cuts and some-one else to pay for the roads

the proper films in the autumn will be the normal format with lots of lovely scenery, a dollop of mostly politics free history, some brilliant sailing and a few witty asides.

No tits though

D

Kris Cringle

Super Anarchist
I rather liked your last political vid. You spoke calmly and what you said was truthful. That's journalism which you've always tucked into your work. What I liked about your piece (and I said so on your blog), were the boats sailing in the light wind in the background. I don't think too much truth can be spoken these days. 

valis

Super Anarchist
Friday Harbor, WA
there you go - see

liberals are more generous than concervatives

Liberals beleive in paying their way and doing their bit

Convcervatives want tax cuts and some-one else to pay for the roads

the proper films in the autumn will be the normal format with lots of lovely scenery, a dollop of mostly politics free history, some brilliant sailing and a few witty asides.

No tits though

D
Dylan, I'm *way* more conservative than you -- closer to libertarian / conservative than anything else.  You may recall a significant donation I made?  By the way, I have no issue with whatever your political beliefs are, but you might be assuming too much about the motivations of your donors.  I suspect that many of us just haven't made a point of our leanings.  I'm here for the sailing stuff.

dylan winter

Super Anarchist
Dylan, I'm *way* more conservative than you -- closer to libertarian / conservative than anything else.  You may recall a significant donation I made?  By the way, I have no issue with whatever your political beliefs are, but you might be assuming too much about the motivations of your donors.  I suspect that many of us just haven't made a point of our leanings.  I'm here for the sailing stuff.
I quite agree....

I apologise if you took it as a slight to anyone on the sensible right. I have nothing but respect for them. Most of my five years in the US was done in the middle - the praiiries and the rockies. You know the men I was working with 

I have worked side by side with strong minded republicans of the old sort - we  respected each other for our own work.

and sensible men everywhere would be prepared to watch films about beautiful places made by a real sailor in an ordinary boat regardless of the man's politics.

However, so great is the polarisation in American society that a proportion of American sailors will say to themselves in one of those Trumpian self questions

"Do I really want to watch a film made by a fekkin Liberal - hell no, I shall now send him a really rude and offensive email or comment. because that is the sort of man I am"

I posted the first film in rather an innocent way. I thought that there were some interesting paralleles that go beyond mere tonsorial matters

.... and bam! an inbox full of unpleasantness -

I have been following your Trump saga with much interest. I am an old hack. I was too young to be interested in Nixon. I am now retired and have the time to watch this saga unfold. In something close to real time.

As a London based BBC journalist  I have met many politicians - sat in many committee meetings such as we see on our screens each time a Trumper is refusing to answer questions

. In my experience the vast majority of politicians are good people trying to do the right thing. Often out of their depth but essentially well  meaning souls who beleive in de ocracy, as should us sailors. We above all require a secure place to live,

Most of the politicians I see on the telly from america seem like good men too.

but not trumps lot.

they lie and they dissemble and refuse to answer questions.

I thought if I could persuade some of the 800 Americans who watch most of my films to send out a few emails telling their politicians that the lieing and dissembling has to stop

I am a film maker

I live on a great river and most nights I take my camera out - but there is a limit to the number of films I can make about the same lovely river

I do not have tits but I have a voice and a brain

and......

finally

America is a nation  I love most of all on this earth next to my own.

A place where I have had the best years of my working life filming and living with cowboys, loggers, wheat harvesters - a place of unbeleivable natural beauty and wonderful human  kindness

they has elected a Liar to be its president

I thought it needed saying.

bad things happen when good men stay silent.

Righto chaps

back to the tits

or

here is a picture of a boat

I pass it frequently

keepturningleft_10_classic_motorboat.jpg

Classic east coast clinker gentleman's motor launch

tough as old boots and can handle absolutely anything our feirce east coast bars can throw at her bows.

Dylan

Dang, I could describe myself with the exact same words. A freedom preaching conservative who does not believe in unnecessary foreign entanglements. This morning I designed a new acronym for our esteemed government:  MISSION: Military Industrial Spying Surveillance Intelligence Orwellian Network. I've also had my left hip fractured by the above. Apparently I need to show more respect? They would have followed up with a raid on my home but the judge "followed the Constitution", this surprised them. A very, very long story indeed. Anybody want to make a movie out of it?

Dylan, we need people of all persuasions that are passionate about their beliefs. I might suggest http://forums.sailinganarchy.com/index.php?/forum/2-political-anarchy/.

You like minded folks could rub shvanstuckers there. Not many conservatives to bother you, most of them are working.

May not be wise to lump all conservatives together, the same would be true of liberals of course. I kind of expect Trump to get us fully involved in global warfare. He may be good for domestic business, his ego is not suited to foreign policy. Our choices were most discouraging. I'm an old Ron Paul supporter here. He was/is the Real Deal.

jack_sparrow

Super Anarchist
I raised the subject of politics with Aurorette. Her reply, "What's that?" as she prepared another helping of French toast.

I predicted Trump's win to anyone who would listen plus a few who wouldn't and backed him with $200 at 10 to 1.

Nice.
Largest electoral win in 28 years, a landslide outside of cokinthemouthfornia...which he ignored. Today we have boots on the ground in the Philippines.  I call our policies what they are..........Genocide with Extreme Prejudice. At least he doesn't seek war with Russia as Clinton and her Emperor Soros  did. Troubling times in the kingdom.

Our cruisers may not be welcome in many places. But then, I plan to hang a Canadian or Euro flag. I was partially raised in Europe anyway.