Girl with patreon account goes sailing in hot place

Beer fueled Mayhem

Anarchist
Ballard, WA
This popped up in the Wauquiez owners group email recently.  A bit of a train wreck but it is my sistership and I want to see what they can do.  Or can't.

When they took a pressure washer to their teak deck, oh my fucking God...maybe I can't watch these guys.   :lol:

ProaSailor

dreaming my life away...
Oregon
4 hours ago, Matagi said:

Enters into my personal Top 10 easily.

Top 3 very likely. Top notch cinematography. All you bikinitubers: that's how it's done.

Attachments

• enable_CC.jpg
    enable_CC.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 3

Jud - s/v Sputnik

Super Anarchist
Canada
On 4/29/2022 at 6:26 AM, Israel Hands said:

And now for something completely different...

That’s actually very honest, real story telling.  No bullshit.  Never, ever would’ve guessed they were previously training as Olympic Nacra catamaran racing sailors!  (I watched the first vid on their channel to find out a bit about them - wondering, “what kind of people decide to buy an 82’ steel hulled motor sailor with a dream  - quite interesting life stories, actually).

And they bought an 82’ sailing ship, mostly motor sailor, that they hope to convert into a tall ship (and remove the massive quarter deck, to improve her lines as a sailing ship)!?  That’s crazy ambitious - I absolutely love it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fah Kiew Tu

Curmudgeon, First Rank
Tasmania, Australia
And they bought an 82’ sailing ship, mostly motor sailor, that they hope to convert into a tall ship (and remove the massive quarter deck, to improve her lines as a sailing ship)!?  That’s crazy ambitious - I absolutely love it.
Wonder how they're going to go WRT permits, licensing etc.

Around here a vessel that size is commercial regardless of what you think it is for your chosen use-case, and requires appropriate captain's licence, probably a marine engine driver or similar. Plus has to meet commercial survey standards.

So..... ???

FKT

loneshark64

Super Anarchist
Midcoast Maine
4 hours ago, dylan winter said:

Patrick has fallen in love with his tec and brought complexity  to his moving world

While other aging sailors are buying electric winches, trawlers and ranger tugs, Patrick bought a speedster. Not what I would do, but I enjoy his take on things. Viva la difference!

Elegua

Generalissimo
Lower Loslobia
Is that boat really more complex than his prior boat?  He doesn't even have a fridge and the prior boat had an alcohol fuel cell.  Certainly this one is a bit more lively. 

mckenzie.keith

Aspiring Anarchist
Santa Cruz
On 4/29/2022 at 6:26 AM, Israel Hands said:

And now for something completely different...

His mustache put me off at first. And I don't care for the boat they chose. But I went and watched their origin story. They are good sailors. I will say that for them. I wish them luck with their endeavors.

savoir

Super Anarchist
While other aging sailors are buying electric winches, trawlers and ranger tugs, Patrick bought a speedster. Not what I would do, but I enjoy his take on things. Viva la difference!
There is no need for the boat to be as complex as he is making it.  His new electronic system is totally OTT.

Jud - s/v Sputnik

Super Anarchist
Canada
His mustache put me off at first. And I don't care for the boat they chose. But I went and watched their origin story. They are good sailors. I will say that for them. I wish them luck with their endeavors.
Here we are discussing the guy’s moustache.  I totally agree - funny, the moustache put me off at first too - that sort of ‘wannabe hipster of the ‘70s’ look.  And I’m not really into their style, either, as it were. But they’ve got real sailing cred.  And who in their right mind buys an 82’ motor sailor with (practical?) dreams to turn it into a tall ship?

But I will say that overall I generally remain skeptical of anyone who feels the need to broadcast their life on YouTube.  I personally can’t imagine ever wanting to do that, so in the back of my mind I find that I generally look askance at YouTubers as having, at root, an insecurity and need for attention-seeking.  I’m probabaly wrong, but that’s my analysis today :)

Stay tuned for Sputnik Sailing... :)

MauiPunter

Will sail for food
Here we are discussing the guy’s moustache.  I totally agree - funny, the moustache put me off at first too - that sort of ‘wannabe hipster of the ‘70s’ look.  And I’m not really into their style, either, as it were. But they’ve got real sailing cred.  And who in their right mind buys an 82’ motor sailor with (practical?) dreams to turn it into a tall ship?

But I will say that overall I generally remain skeptical of anyone who feels the need to broadcast their life on YouTube.  I personally can’t imagine ever wanting to do that, so in the back of my mind I find that I generally look askance at YouTubers as having, at root, an insecurity and need for attention-seeking.  I’m probabaly wrong, but that’s my analysis today :)

Stay tuned for Sputnik Sailing... :)
People will watch if you have nice tits and tight ass.  :D

loneshark64

Super Anarchist
Midcoast Maine
You skipped the part where aging sailors get soaked for every dime in their pocket.
I spoke to a lifelong sailor friend who just turned 80 on Saturday. He switched to power 4 yrs ago because he couldn’t handle the sailboat anymore. He needs a surgery but is putting it off til after the season. He always did his own boat work. I asked how he’s handling it this spring and he said “Paid the yard. Bought electric davits. Electric everything, safety stuff, spent a lot of money, but I’ve got 2 more years of this. Maybe 1. So, fuck it, you can’t take it with you.”

Olsalt

On the water
First of all I had a few klicks from my favorite sailing forum so I started to search for the tread. Found it! I'm the guy who bought that massive steel thing... 

Regarding the mustache, I always wanted to wear a beard. That's the best I can do. My girlfriend likes it, I like it and the tips help me to judge the width of my vessel. Nothing more to say about it. 

That’s actually very honest, real story telling.  No bullshit.  Never, ever would’ve guessed they were previously training as Olympic Nacra catamaran racing sailors!  (I watched the first vid on their channel to find out a bit about them - wondering, “what kind of people decide to buy an 82’ steel hulled motor sailor with a dream  - quite interesting life stories, actually).
Thank you! The funny thing about it is, it all started in this very forum. 30.9.2019. You guys directed me in the direction of a used boat. The tread went off track because of this whole licensing thing... 

Wonder how they're going to go WRT permits, licensing etc.
That's actually not that complicated. In the Netherlands you can register a vessel under 25 meter as a pleasure craft. You need a few extra things on board like radio and AIS and so on and a CVO for the boat carried out every 5 years. We both have the German license to operate a pleasure craft of any size. There you go. 

Another way would be to register at Jersey UK because in UK they go with the Load Line Length and not with the LOA. The britisch licensing system is probably the best if we want to use the boat commercially. Yachtmaster and maybe Master 200GT with commercial endorsement. 

I do agree with you. But we don't have the need to broadcast my life on YouTube. We produce a YouTube show about us restoring a sailing ship. The ship is in focus. We are definitely no family blog like La Vagabond or Uma. We feel much more like presenters or Narrators who tell the story of the ship, similar to an author or a teacher. Of course we live on the ship and we give away some informations about our life. But really I would love a good chat about why we bought the boat and the technical details much more than a discussion about my beard. 

loneshark64

Super Anarchist
Midcoast Maine
First of all I had a few klicks from my favorite sailing forum so I started to search for the tread. Found it! I'm the guy who bought that massive steel thing... 

Regarding the mustache, I always wanted to wear a beard. That's the best I can do. My girlfriend likes it, I like it and the tips help me to judge the width of my vessel. Nothing more to say about it. 

Thank you! The funny thing about it is, it all started in this very forum. 30.9.2019. You guys directed me in the direction of a used boat. The tread went off track because of this whole licensing thing... 

That's actually not that complicated. In the Netherlands you can register a vessel under 25 meter as a pleasure craft. You need a few extra things on board like radio and AIS and so on and a CVO for the boat carried out every 5 years. We both have the German license to operate a pleasure craft of any size. There you go. 

Another way would be to register at Jersey UK because in UK they go with the Load Line Length and not with the LOA. The britisch licensing system is probably the best if we want to use the boat commercially. Yachtmaster and maybe Master 200GT with commercial endorsement. 

I do agree with you. But we don't have the need to broadcast my life on YouTube. We produce a YouTube show about us restoring a sailing ship. The ship is in focus. We are definitely no family blog like La Vagabond or Uma. We feel much more like presenters or Narrators who tell the story of the ship, similar to an author or a teacher. Of course we live on the ship and we give away some informations about our life. But really I would love a good chat about why we bought the boat and the technical details much more than a discussion about my beard. 
Well played. And welcome. Good of you to show up, with good humor, not take it personally and provide some insight. I will probably watch your channel.

Now, there are certain traditions here which must be maintained, so get on with it: let’s see some tits.