Girl with patreon account goes sailing in hot place

loneshark64

Super Anarchist
Maine, USA
The key is determining whether the professor was doing bong hits while writing the exam.
07B6972C-0AC9-433E-B2C4-5FE265D3535C.jpeg

Diarmuid

Super Anarchist
Laramie, WY, USA
I remember rushing through the SAT wearing board shorts and flipflops...surf was up!
I was still half drunk from an all-night street party when I took my GREs. Scored a perfect 800 on the logic section, which probably says more about deductive logic and/or standardized testing than about me. :lol:

It is interesting to note absolutely no one has suggested all the shirtless men in these videos should cover up their assets. Even with all we know about skin cancer!

Ajax

Super Anarchist
Edgewater, MD
I'd argue that'd take all the fun out of being 18. Half of it is not knowing shit.

How many "Can you believe we did that?" stories are there?  If you did know, you wouldn't have done it. 
I discovered last summer that this is not limited to an age, it is a function of continuing to step outside of your comfortable boundaries. I was 49 years old and you can bet your ass that when I arrived back at my dock from Maine that I said "Can you believe I did that?"

You are about to do the same thing. You'll rediscover that feeling and I'm really glad for you.

SCANAS

Super Anarchist
Brisbane
I gave that a skim. 20 something kid following the Youtube Sailing mantra: bathing suit selfies, with a big expensive boat being worked on by boatyards? How's that work? 

My reality (wouldn't make $.50 on Youtube) is my daughter with a 50 year old, handed down, $1 boat. Head sail furler is in bits.

Last owner (brother) reports it exploded last season (top swivel) and rained nylon ball bearings. No way to fix, get a hank on sail, he reports (boys,...). 

Hmmm. One of the best things about the $1 boat is it has a headsail furler.  We do some internet searching and find some possible parts for the discontinued furler.

She emails photos and description back and forth and success(hopefully): 

Per your request, if you wish to proceed please complete the order form and return to me.

Item P/N      Description                  Price

H9013-1      Halyard Insert Assy.     $78.00 each  (6875)

H6874         Swivel Tube                 $50.00 each

H6407         Bearing Race               $53.00 each  (4 required in swivel)

HWSM-168-S  Spirolox ring            $18.00 each

H6410           Bearing washer          $12.00 each

Thank you,

Marty

We need it all! It's on the way. She and her boyfriend are doing some modifications on the $1 boat this weekend. He has tools, skills, plywood(I donated from my larder). I'm headed over this morning with wire cutters to survey the electrical system. All junk(I know already), we'll save the two cabin reading light circuits for this year. 

So far Mary Jane has sunk some serious $$ in the $1 boat(way beyond the furler parts) in everything from PFD's to galley outfit. She and her Tom are putting the sweat and busted knuckles into the boat to outfit it as a camp cruiser. 

Mary Jane loves sailing - just sailing - as much as I do but this is her first solo boat experience, and with a boyfriend who is a very cautious young man (I love him for that). She's being very careful and paying attention to the details. 

Their plan is sail in the bay to nearby islands (familiar to her, all new to him) for overnights. Knowing MJ, she'll be in constant text mode with me until she feels confident. 

No Sailing Youtube future here. Maybe a Podcast? :)

View attachment 512221
11 minutes of footage & someone will offer a 12 million dollar development deal. 

2airishuman

The Loyal Opposition
Minneapolis area
But my question is, how does a kid reconcile “I’m a Christian” with “I’m a bikini tramp”?
My church used to have a lesbian pastor who was fond of saying "Christianity is not about sex."  She held forth preaching that what kind of sex you have, who you have it with, and how you choose to express your sexuality has zip zap zero to do with Christian faith.  As I recall she had an army of Sunday School teachers who were lined up to spread the same message.

Startracker

Van Isl.
I've spent 30yrs trying to make "Firing crotch goblins out of your baby cannon" a thang.

Like the beltless rain coat, I'm sure it will catch on, one of these days.
What was the line, You call your dogs furbabies but I'm "disgusting" when I call your kid a skin-dog?

What kind of raincoat has a belt?

Startracker

Van Isl.
If only we could be 18 with the guts to get off our butts and do something. Or at least do nothing somewhere else, and learn from that experience.
Literally there are only two reasons I would wish this:

1.  I'd have 10 more years to get ready and go sailing, if I want to have a family and a home, the time period for that is rapidly diminishing. 

2.  I'd still have good muscle definition and be reasonably aesthetic with long curly hair again so $$ for youtube or onlyfans or something would be viable.  Ain't nobody wants to see that now unless I want to fund my cruising with feet pics or something.  :lol:

Other than that, I'm glad that it's now.  The boat I gutted and refit at 20 wouldn't do half the stuff my new boat will.  Sure sometimes I wish I had 15 years of cruising under my belt, but I see more cruisers who don't know how to fix anything having a bad time so I'm ok with the trade offs of the years I've spent in the industry  The tech has come a long way too, and the things I can build into my boat now were not possible then.   

Last edited by a moderator:

chester

Super Anarchist
Literally there are only two reasons I would wish this:

1.  I'd have 10 more years to get ready and go sailing, if I want to have a family and a home, the time period for that is rapidly diminishing. 

2.  I'd still have good muscle definition and be reasonably aesthetic with long curly hair again so $$ for youtube or onlyfans or something would be viable.  Ain't nobody wants to see that now unless I want to fund my cruising with feet pics or something.  :lol:

Other than that, I'm glad that it's now.  The boat I gutted and refit at 20 wouldn't do half the stuff my new boat will.  Sure sometimes I wish I had 15 years of cruising under my belt, but I see more cruisers who don't know how to fix anything having a bad time so I'm ok with the trade offs of the years I've spent in the industry  The tech has come a long way too, and the things I can build into my boat now were not possible then.   
you might be surprised

MauiPunter

Will sail for food
My church used to have a lesbian pastor who was fond of saying "Christianity is not about sex."  She held forth preaching that what kind of sex you have, who you have it with, and how you choose to express your sexuality has zip zap zero to do with Christian faith.  As I recall she had an army of Sunday School teachers who were lined up to spread the same message.
relaxing-picture-id513204223

chester

Super Anarchist
There's a market for ugly feet pics from blokes getting older and uglier by the minute?  I guess it's true what they say about the internet then... :blink:   Cruising might be within reach after all then!
all i'm saying is don't rule it out  :D

toddster

Super Anarchist
The Gorge
I learned a long time ago not to say out loud, “that couldn’t possibly be a thing.” Because someone will google it and display an example that I wish I hadn’t seen.

Jud - s/v Sputnik

Super Anarchist
Canada
I learned a long time ago not to say out loud, “that couldn’t possibly be a thing.” Because someone will google it and display an example that I wish I hadn’t seen.
Alright, check this out.

Or go practice your Flemish eye splices instead :) :)  They’ll be a thing soon. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Startracker

Van Isl.
2 hours ago, Jud - s/v Sputnik said:

Alright, check this out.

Or go practice your Flemish eye splices instead :) :)  They’ll be a thing soon. :)

You have no idea how much those appeal to my inner perfectionist.  I swear it sounds just like my mum.  :lol:   That looks just the ticket to take days and days for a better result no one will ever notice, days that would be better spent on important fixes, so naturally I need to do ALL my halyards with them now ASASP:).

Latest posts