Girl with patreon account goes sailing in hot place

shebeen

Super Anarchist
On 5/29/2022 at 11:38 AM, dylan winter said:

Really Hot chick attempts to fix 25 year old yacht ready for "big adventure" - finds many willing hands

at 18.30

she is sitting below yacking at the camera

camera pans around nto show gang of eager blokes of varying ages busting a gut to fix her problems. 

Goodoner

goodonem......... optimistic old fellahs some of em

6iuof3.jpg

I have too many questions here.

She just has a "20 year old" nice big beneteau, but now the AC won't work? Did this fall out of the sky, or is there an actual benefactor behind the camera? 

She is sailing alone (with a cat) [see previous question]?

How does she defend the boat/her bikini bottom from optimistic old fellahs who think they've got a chance of winning the lottery [see first question]?

When is she coming to my town?

shebeen

Super Anarchist
they don't seem particularily chavy?
plural chavs

Definition of chav

British slang, disparaging

a young person in Britain of a type stereotypically known for engaging in aggressively loutish behavior especially when in groups and for wearing flashy jewelry and athletic casual clothing (such as tracksuits and baseball caps)
stands for

Council Housed And Violent 

these two don't really fit that bill.

Diarmuid

Super Anarchist
Laramie, WY, USA
stands for

Council Housed And Violent 

these two don't really fit that bill.
Fucking backronyms.

"Did you know 'golf' comes from clubhouse signs that read 'Gentlemen Only -- Ladies Forbidden?'"

So clubhouses and discriminatory rules existed prior to the game having a name?

No it doesn't, and no they didn't. Golf comes from the Dutch kolf, which means club or mallet.

'Chav' is slang word for boy or child, with street urchin connotations. Derived from Romany word 'chavi', and carrying with it the derogatory sense of gypsy child, who roams the alleys unsupervised, smokes cigarettes at six, and probably just nicked your pocket watch.

Per Wiki:

By 2005 the term [chav] had become widespread in its use as to refer to a type of anti-social, uncultured youth, who wear excessive flashy jewellery, white athletic shoes, baseball caps, and sham designer clothes. The girls commonly wear clothing which exposes their midriff.
"I'm fit!" is 100% bruvspeak. More North London than Merseyside, but certainly of that ilk. White people affecting West Indian slang/dress/music.

TBF, They are in the West Indies. So a homecoming of sorts. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

Jud - s/v Sputnik

Super Anarchist
Canada
No it doesn't, and no they didn't. Golf comes from the Dutch kolf, which means club or mallet.
Here’s a cool one I just came across the other day randomly - “dinghy”.  

The word “dinghy” was imported/adopted by the British Navy to refer to the smallest boat on a ship.  Its origin?  Bengali/Hindi - meaning it’s from the days of the British Empire in India.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dinghy

“The word ḍiṅgi means small boat, and is a diminutive of the Telugu [South Indian language] word ḍiṅgā, meaning boat. The British Royal Navy adopted the word to designate the smallest ship's boat.”

C691E9AD-44E8-449F-A3E8-9F7B4016B598.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Jud - s/v Sputnik

Super Anarchist
Canada
On 6/7/2022 at 12:09 AM, Foiling Optimist said:

For everyone, like me, who loves elite off shore racing and narrowboats, here's Dee Cafari learning to navigate the canal system:

That’s cool and weird.  Definitely weird.  I actually thought it was sort of a joke at first!  

Foiling Optimist

Super Anarchist
Vancouver BC.
That’s cool and weird.  Definitely weird.  I actually thought it was sort of a joke at first!  
Cool and weird is a good description. It strikes me that Haven Knox-Johnson's (A boat insurer founded by Sir Robin's brother Chris) YouTube channel has generally low views, especially given the high production values of at least this Dee Cafari video. But they use these graphic thumbnails rather than video stills and that makes you really not want to click on them.  As has been said around here numerous times, the thumbnail game is key and these guys need to get some.  

Jim in Halifax

Super Anarchist
Nova Scotia
Hmmm...Dee Cafari as click bait. Well, as the foot fetishists prove, there someone for everyone out there. (Actually, I enjoyed the video and thought Dee was a good sport.)

Virgulino Ferreira

Super Anarchist
Brazil
My first time in this thread. I loved the video, thanks @Foiling Optimist ! Very unexpected.

I am a total Dee fanboy. She genuinely seems to be enjoying herself when she takes the helm for the first time!

Continuing on the theme of girls, narrow boats and inland waterways, I hope I can reciprocate with this video.

It is from the amazing YouTube channel of a girl, a "ribeirinha" (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ribeirinhos) from the Amazon. She has to travel to the city in order to upload her videos.

English subtitles are available on YouTube.

Diarmuid

Super Anarchist
Laramie, WY, USA
Well, this shitshow continues to prove the engineering maxim "Error propagates faster than any other term."

Honestly, it is a wooden version of Seeker. The kids are more likeable than Doug, and they have hired rough-and-ready boatyard people to do much of the work. But but yabbut. That's the name they should have chosen: S/V Yabbut.

"We built a new rudder for our boat."
Yabbut ... it doesn't look remotely large enuf to control it on a reach.

Jud - s/v Sputnik

Super Anarchist
Canada
I can’t seem to find the mojo to post here now that the format has changed. Some functionality lost too? I can’t quite put my finger on it. I’ll get there in time, probably.

I was trying to locate an earlier thread the other day (after the change to this new format), one about marine heads that had great discussion of details on Lavacs - called “New pooper - experiences welcome”. Search didn’t find the word “pooper” (oddly), amd now people with long time lost histories and no demerit points, instead of being labeled a “F’in’ saint” are no merely “Well known member”. Bland as corporate fuck.

Hope all the other fine “Well known members” don’t abandon here.

ProaSailor

dreaming my life away...
Oregon
I was trying to locate an earlier thread the other day (after the change to this new format), one about marine heads that had great discussion of details on Lavacs - called “New pooper - experiences welcome”. Search didn’t find the word “pooper” (oddly)

Works for me: https://forums.sailinganarchy.com/search/511/?q=pooper&o=relevance

There is a hell of a lot of helpless whining going on here...

chester

Super Anarchist
My first time in this thread. I loved the video, thanks @Foiling Optimist ! Very unexpected.

I am a total Dee fanboy. She genuinely seems to be enjoying herself when she takes the helm for the first time!

Continuing on the theme of girls, narrow boats and inland waterways, I hope I can reciprocate with this video.

It is from the amazing YouTube channel of a girl, a "ribeirinha" (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ribeirinhos) from the Amazon. She has to travel to the city in order to upload her videos.

English subtitles are available on YouTube.

thanks!! I watched a couple of other vids from them off of your link.

toddster

Super Anarchist
The Gorge
I can’t seem to find the mojo to post here now that the format has changed. Some functionality lost too? I can’t quite put my finger on it. I’ll get there in time, probably.

I was trying to locate an earlier thread the other day (after the change to this new format), one about marine heads that had great discussion of details on Lavacs - called “New pooper - experiences welcome”. Search didn’t find the word “pooper” (oddly), amd now people with long time lost histories and no demerit points, instead of being labeled a “F’in’ saint” are no merely “Well known member”. Bland as corporate fuck.

Hope all the other fine “Well known members” don’t abandon here.
I suspect that's as in "well-known to the police."

Jud - s/v Sputnik

Super Anarchist
Canada
Works for me: https://forums.sailinganarchy.com/search/511/?q=pooper&o=relevance

There is a hell of a lot of helpless whining going on here...
It’s not helpless whining. I was simply explaining something. I tried it repeatedly on my phone, and search wouldn’t find it. I got tired of trying, so simply scrolled back through the threads to find it that way.

Can’t put my finger on it, but I just don’t find it visually as inviting to use - seems like how it appears on my screen makes it harder to read. Perhaps the layout, dunno. Looks very compressed. I think a lot more threads used to appear on a page - now a lot fewer, at least on a phone, so I find it harder to locate stuff. So if that’s helpless whining, so be it. :) But the same asshole comments are still here. :)

Anyway, I’ll adapt...maybe...

Last edited:

Latest posts