Girl with patreon account goes sailing in hot place

Israel Hands

Super Anarchist
coastal NC
1655211421864.png

Jim in Halifax

Super Anarchist
Nova Scotia
There are so many of these YouTube millennials around now that they keep bumping into each other, even if they are trying to tread different paths. Alluring Arctic's Juho has already bumped into No Bullshit Eric in the Faeroe's and now the Finns' new arctic adventure boat is in the same marina as Salt & Tar...(nice to see they're bringing a zombie boat back to life).

Israel Hands

Super Anarchist
coastal NC
Meanwhile Atticus got preggers before heading across the pond. One hundred big ones (to me that's $1) says that she bails in Bermuda and meets him on the other side.

loneshark64

Super Anarchist
Later dudes
Meanwhile Atticus got preggers before heading across the pond. One hundred big ones (to me that's $1) says that she bails in Bermuda and meets him on the other side.

I wouldn’t take the other side of that bet. What would be worse than being mid ocean on a small boat with a highly pregnant woman???

Knut Grotzki

Anarchist
Germany
There are so many of these YouTube millennials around now that they keep bumping into each other, even if they are trying to tread different paths. Alluring Arctic's Juho has already bumped into No Bullshit Eric in the Faeroe's and now the Finns' new arctic adventure boat is in the same marina as Salt & Tar...(nice to see they're bringing a zombie boat back to life).

This will stay one of the most interesting channels. At least without a giddy girly but solid / honest background information. I like them (besides they work on a dream boat of me...)

Fah Kiew Tu

Curmudgeon, First Rank
Tasmania, Australia
This will stay one of the most interesting channels. At least without a giddy girly but solid / honest background information. I like them (besides they work on a dream boat of me...)
Which boat and which couple?

IMO that thing that the S&T couple built is the most ugly hull that Buehler ever drew. I don't care how good a job they do, it's still butt ugly.

And Ruth keeps sporting more tats.

I far prefer the other couple and it'll be a bit interesting to see how they go getting that boat ready to go back in the water.

FKT

shebeen

Super Anarchist
Fucking backronyms.

"Did you know 'golf' comes from clubhouse signs that read 'Gentlemen Only -- Ladies Forbidden?'"

So clubhouses and discriminatory rules existed prior to the game having a name?

No it doesn't, and no they didn't. Golf comes from the Dutch kolf, which means club or mallet.

'Chav' is slang word for boy or child, with street urchin connotations. Derived from Romany word 'chavi', and carrying with it the derogatory sense of gypsy child, who roams the alleys unsupervised, smokes cigarettes at six, and probably just nicked your pocket watch.

Per Wiki:

"I'm fit!" is 100% bruvspeak. More North London than Merseyside, but certainly of that ilk. White people affecting West Indian slang/dress/music.

TBF, They are in the West Indies. So a homecoming of sorts. :rolleyes:
backronym, love it. Glad we have posh people here to keep us in line.

Plukky of "Sailing Freedom" is giving up his (ir)regular YT life of 6 years, crowd funding a new boat self-build (Mumby 48), to take up "The Elcano Challenge" which had been conceived, then later abandoned, by Jimmy Cornell. The Challenge is to sail around the world (non-stop?) in an all-electric boat. I'd have figured that's probably been done, but perhaps not quite, yet. Anyway, details here:

chester

Super Anarchist
Plukky of "Sailing Freedom" is giving up his (ir)regular YT life of 6 years, crowd funding a new boat self-build (Mumby 48), to take up "The Elcano Challenge" which had been conceived, then later abandoned, by Jimmy Cornell. The Challenge is to sail around the world (non-stop?) in an all-electric boat. I'd have figured that's probably been done, but perhaps not quite, yet. Anyway, details here:

Plukky has been pretty lucky with the ladies, if my memory serves.

Mbcorbin

Canada
Y'all missed this, the 'new' SA is slipping.
Traffic jam at a 'quiet' Canadian port...

That’s my boat, did my first offshore passage, went to east Caribbean this year and when I got back in Nova Scotia a month ago, I got smashed in. Went thru crazy storms, left at the worst time last December to cross North Atlantic. Learned my lessons. Loved every minute of being offshore.

ProaSailor

dreaming my life away...
Oregon
That’s my boat, did my first offshore passage, went to east Caribbean this year and when I got back in Nova Scotia a month ago, I got smashed in. Went thru crazy storms, left at the worst time last December to cross North Atlantic. Learned my lessons. Loved every minute of being offshore.
Any explanation about how the other boat got loose? At 0:35 I see someone hanging on the seawall but can't imagine how it happened? Engine in gear, throttled up and maybe they tried to stop the boat by grabbing a line but got pulled off his boat instead? Bizarre!

P.S. Oh wait, just read the YouTube description:
After a 6 month trip offshore often facing great danger, Arjuna and her crew managed to get back safely to their marina in Bridgewater, Nova Scotia. Two days after their arrival, they get rammed while they were peacefully attached to the marina’s wall.

On Friday, May 20th, during launching, the two persons onboard the blue sailboat fell in the river while trying to dock. That left the boat unattended at great speed turning on his port side until it brutally crash on Arjuna.

No one got injured, but both boats are highly damaged. Arjuna has a 4-inch hole in the hull, above the water line and squeezed against the wall ruining the paint, lifeline, and gunwale. The blue sailboat had to be put out of the water right away.
Still, WTF?

Mbcorbin

Canada
Any explanation about how the other boat got loose? At 0:35 I see someone hanging on the seawall but can't imagine how it happened? Engine in gear, throttled up and maybe they tried to stop the boat by grabbing a line but got pulled off his boat instead? Bizarre!

P.S. Oh wait, just read the YouTube description:

Still, WTF?
It was a shit show, they were 2 on board, he passed beside me to put his boat on the sea wall In front of my boat, he arrived way too fast, instead of slowing down or even trying to reverse or even shut his throttle down, he let go of helm with his trottle wide open left his cockpit and tried to attach his stern line on seawall, thats when he fell, with the velocity of boat still going, second guy on board.. I will never understand, trowed himself out of boat.. then boat went to hit aluminum sailboat in his stern but glancing and did a 360 to hit me

Dogscout

On walkabout
Sounds like a bunch of pussies to me. There was an accident, dude fell off. Women scream at high tones. Nobody got hurt, boats can be fixed. Obviously more screaming and crying than needed.

AnIdiot

Second Drawer
Sounds like a bunch of pussies to me. There was an accident, dude fell off. Women scream at high tones. Nobody got hurt, boats can be fixed. Obviously more screaming and crying than needed.
Harsh but fair? I was wondering what the screaming was about...

Looks like a fairly straightforward insurance claim... a PITA but there appears little doubt where the fault lies and the damage seems limited.

If your house was uninhabitable insurance would cover temporary accommodation, does this apply to marine insurance for liveaboards?