Girl with patreon account goes sailing in hot place

loneshark64

Super Anarchist
Maine, USA
A while ago YouTube decided they wanted to keep the lion’s share of all the ad revenue YouTube videos generate instead of letting the creators keep it. Since then it seems like the primary way YouTubers generate income is through direct contributions to their Patreon accounts. At least this is my understanding of it. So a successful YouTube channel is like a big fishing net bringing its catch to the Patreon account.
Or, YouTube has become a gateway drug, the progression being YT vids on iPhone > spend $5K on cameras and drones > spend $10K on cameras and drones > get the wife to do bikini thumbnails > Patreon > sideboob > snorkeling underwater butt shots > Taylor Francis joins the crew > OnlyFans > prostitution > full on Zingaro.

chester

Super Anarchist
Or, YouTube has become a gateway drug, the progression being YT vids on iPhone > spend $5K on cameras and drones > spend $10K on cameras and drones > get the wife to do bikini thumbnails > Patreon > sideboob > snorkeling underwater butt shots > Taylor Francis joins the crew > OnlyFans > prostitution > full on Zingaro.
Does Taylor have a Only Fans channel? BRB.

Ajax

Super Anarchist
Edgewater, MD
I quit going to titty bars when I became an E-5 in the Navy. I found better things to do with my money.
OF is just the modern equivalent of that. You can't even get a real lap dance, for crying out loud.

Jud - s/v Sputnik

Super Anarchist
Canada
I quit going to titty bars when I became an E-5 in the Navy. I found better things to do with my money.
OF is just the modern equivalent of that. You can't even get a real lap dance, for crying out loud.
Yeah, and those who watch Texas Thighs and whatnot on OF ought to know that her young kids are probably lurking just off camera...weird shit...(this was a Google news story that popped up up on my phone a few weeks ago)

Zonker

Super Anarchist
Canada
A while ago YouTube decided they wanted to keep the lion’s share of all the ad revenue YouTube videos generate instead of letting the creators keep it. Since then it seems like the primary way YouTubers generate income is through direct contributions to their Patreon accounts. At least this is my understanding of it. So a successful YouTube channel is like a big fishing net bringing its catch to the Patreon account.
Correct. It's not Youtube it's Patreon that brings in the significant income. I discussed this with Brian on Delos when we were both in S.Africa in 2016.

Still pissed at them I was not in the video helping them bring >1000 beers down the ramp in Malaysia. However did try some of their moonshine later in the week so all was good.

Jud - s/v Sputnik

Super Anarchist
Canada
Correct. It's not Youtube it's Patreon that brings in the significant income. I discussed this with Brian on Delos when we were both in S.Africa in 2016.

Still pissed at them I was not in the video helping them bring >1000 beers down the ramp in Malaysia. However did try some of their moonshine later in the week so all was good.
An onboard still? Now that’s a great idea! Easy to rig up outside on deck on a big boat, I guess (and so that the cabin doesn’t get super hot from the boiling).

BrickTopHarry

Anarchist
Texas
Solo gal on her Wharram. No fancy, airbrushed perfect skin clickbait thumbnail screaming for attention, video all shot on an iPhone. Seems unpretentious, the 'real deal'. Female version of "NBJS", perhaps.

She does have a Patreon, and her own site where you can read her writings: https://whereskiana.com/

I enjoyed this. She and the Wind Hippie seem the opposite of the Missouri cheerleader trust fund gal.

I’d not heard of these Wharram cats before this thread. I see that there’s quite a range from the rather threadbare versions as in the video to some fairly well finished and somewhat tricked out editions.

Is there a subculture of sea hippy types who are drawn to these designs and build and sail them?

robtoujours

Communist
Undercover
I enjoyed this. She and the Wind Hippie seem the opposite of the Missouri cheerleader trust fund gal.

I’d not heard of these Wharram cats before this thread. I see that there’s quite a range from the rather threadbare versions as in the video to some fairly well finished and somewhat tricked out editions.

Is there a subculture of sea hippy types who are drawn to these designs and build and sail them?
To your question, yes. But most don’t finish their builds.

Wharram - died this year - was a legendary and fascinating character. His autobiography was published recently and sounds excellent - yet to read it.

Maurice Griffiths had a similar impact earlier but concentrated on monohulls. The Golden Hind 31 being a famous example.

Jud - s/v Sputnik

Super Anarchist
Canada
Ok, that's horrible.
Yeah, quite weird.

F31432AE-5C18-475C-A8BC-136D47AA5213.jpeg

Zonker

Super Anarchist
Canada
An onboard still? Now that’s a great idea! Easy to rig up outside on deck on a big boat, I guess (and so that the cabin doesn’t get super hot from the boiling).
No it's electric powered and inside. Think electric kettle sort of thing. It runs when the generator is running. You have to keep the temps controlled. You can buy them in Australia for distilling "essential oils". Same store will sell you "rum" or "gin" flavours strangely enough...

The gin was fine, rum was OK, synthetic scotch was ummm, not as good. We did a bit of a tasting.

loneshark64

Super Anarchist
Maine, USA
Exactly! At least those titty bar girls all had a heart of gold, we’re just trying to pay their medical school tuition, and loved their dear old Dad.

Ajax

Super Anarchist
Edgewater, MD
Exactly! At least those titty bar girls all had a heart of gold, we’re just trying to pay their medical school tuition, and loved their dear old Dad.
Pffft. That is not what I'm saying. I'm saying that you get even less for your money with OF than you did at the titty bar.

Wow, auto correct really doesn't want me to type that.

Jud - s/v Sputnik

Super Anarchist
Canada
Are you are saying these people are an only fans show from Texas? I don’t even understand what I’m looking at here but weird doesn’t cover it. I used to like going to Texas but I don’t understand it anymore. Actually that goes for every contiguous state south of about 37 degrees.
Yeah - click the link in my post. It’s an NBC News story about the OF phenomenon, and their channel in particular (called “Texas Thighs”), and how the young kids watch their mom shooting T and A pics with their dad for OF subscribers. Peculiar, but who am I to judge: it’s Texas.

robtoujours

Communist
Undercover
Who is the “certain other couple” with an old Allied Seawind whom you appear to be not so subtly referring to? :)
I wonder if that’s actually a Thing in the YouTube/ influencer scene.

Having the same boat as another YouTuber is like, so cringe, man! Every boat/dream is an expression of the unique individual soul genius of the hip couple living their best #boatlife who are stumbling into their next ordeal .. I mean adventure.

Surely it can’t be that thousands of cruisers have been doing the same thing for the last 50 years in mass-produced boats?? Especially - gasp - old people??!

Of course, as Marx teaches us, cultural superstructure is derivative of the economic base.

Having the same type of boat dilutes the personal brand - which turns off the novelty seeking dopamine addict - which translates to lower income. :)

Poverty is super cringe!