Girl with patreon account goes sailing in hot place

loneshark64

Super Anarchist
Maine, USA
I checked my FB Maine Sailing and Cruising group, which is a small(I think) 3K+ membership, and it appears that more posts are by females than males, perhaps 2 out of 3.

More disconcerting, as I watch the next generation (both genders and nonbinary) of sailors around me fully engaged in sailing - in the real world, none of them are posting in either venue, in this cyber world.
That’s because Facebook is for chicks.

I mean that in the most nonbinary (least binary?) way possible.

My kids are on to a new communication platform roughly every 2 years. They aren’t going to commit to a platform like SA for 10 or 20 years. Just when I figure out Snapchat they are on to slack or telegram of whatever is hot next. I bet the females you see posting on Facebook are close to our age. The kids are long gone from there.

socalrider

Super Anarchist
San Diego CA
The supremely qualified Sailing Barnacles family is crossing the Atlantic in their highly modified Catana 42.

Interesting discussion on solar panel placement - hadn't thought of the scenario of a long south-bound journey in the winter severely restricting hours of sun hitting your transom mounted panels... surprised they're drawing 300W consistently - seems high to me.

toddster

Super Anarchist
The Gorge
one more for the genre

I think there are about 20 projects now running mostly featuring hotties in bikinis sailing AWBs in hot places

these guys are bringing in $107 a movie from patreon

they are quite nicely made films

yours

the ugly old bloke sailing a four knot shit box in cold but interesting places

The new format brought this thumbnail back up. Looked like a fun weekend, but… where does the dog run?

Zonker

Super Anarchist
Canada
The sailors have nothing on the Aussie spearfishing/fishing/bikini girlfriend genre.

3.5M subscribers.

1657605767882.png

https://www.youtube.com/c/BacktoBasics/videos

1657605909344.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4y0R9FCP7Lo
Americans do this too. Fancier boat of course

1657606053195.png

Jud - s/v Sputnik

Super Anarchist
Canada
That’s because Facebook is for chicks.

I mean that in the most nonbinary (least binary?) way possible.

My kids are on to a new communication platform roughly every 2 years. They aren’t going to commit to a platform like SA for 10 or 20 years. Just when I figure out Snapchat they are on to slack or telegram of whatever is hot next. I bet the females you see posting on Facebook are close to our age. The kids are long gone from there.
What’s Slackchat?

Jud - s/v Sputnik

Super Anarchist
Canada
Actually, it appears FB is for boomers as I rarely see anyone younger there.

Instagram has a younger audience.

Sailing forums are the only gender specific social media I’ve found.

Snapchat is a total mystery to me.
No, man, you missed the joke.

I was trying to sound digitally clueless by saying “Slackchat”...(a portmanteau word combining Snapchat and Slack)...like calling Instagram, “Instantgram”...

MauiPunter

Will sail for food
Facebook is so broken. I recently got sent to FB Jail for 10 days for a comment I made 3 YEARS AGO!! lol. The comment was a GIPHY image that they offered up in the comment interface that I could choose. lol. Dummies.

Ajax

Super Anarchist
Edgewater, MD
Where does YT fall on the social media spectra? Is it social media or streaming entertainment like Netflix? Or is it some unholy bastardization of both?

Jud - s/v Sputnik

Super Anarchist
Canada
Facebook is so broken. I recently got sent to FB Jail for 10 days for a comment I made 3 YEARS AGO!! lol. The comment was a GIPHY image that they offered up in the comment interface that I could choose. lol. Dummies.
Hoping that Zuckerberg and Facecrook go down. His vision of a bright future very much does not accord with mine.

740C1966-6D28-48FC-980B-DB605FD897AC.jpeg